Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 12th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Jay wynee on BBC NEWS 24 just did a live forecast.

Sunday night: "rain and snow pushing southeast, by the time we get to Monday morning in the SE - it will be ALL SNOW"

"Travel wil become tricky"

Woohoo..... :-)

I hope so in west Sussex it's showing rain on monday. So it's all snow?

Posted

I watched - didnt recall that statement being made re the se. Just watched again. I was right. The charts didnt go far enough to show the snow arriving in the se and it seemed to be starting to lessen in intensity across the midlands. He talked about a tricky rush hour monday morning but this was not referenced for the se. patience required for more concrete information.

I just watched in again. Apologies he didn't say SE but he did say:

"As the band moves into England it will be ALL SNOW"

Watch it again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Sleet here, very light but visible against lamp posts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

I have to go on a journey from the road I live in to the road 20 metres away on Monday. I'm wondering if the extreme weather might hinder my journey. This will be from North Lowestoft, to another road in North Lowestoft. I will obviously pack the essentials for the trip: Ice pick, Shovel, Sleeping Bag, Scotch, Extra Cigarettes. Do any of the more knowledgeable weather enthusiasts think I should not attempt such a perilous undertaking?

Take the car - leave nothing to chance- this could get tricky - the weatherman said so. Good Luck, no one else is going out

Edited by fluid dynamic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Going to be very marginal for the south east I fear, particulary to the south of London. However, the front could become very slow moving over our region giving a longer period of snow after the blasted warm sector has buggered off.

The latest fax chart shows the warm sector shunted west quite considerably...not much of a warm sector at all tbh, with our region under -4 to -8 850s. Looks better :) but of course could change. Bit tense!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Hopefully it won't come to that, if I can get the Post Box to put a good word in for me I might get off with a caution. Thanks for your concern.

We was at 'the local' if anyone asks, I'll back you up hi.gif

Posted

Don't forget your lighter - as well as lighting your cigs it could come in handy should you need to burn your way out of the drifts.

I always carry a flame thrower as part of my usual attire. In fact that might have been why they sectioned me before.

Posted

Met office updated map 15 mins ago. Now going for heavy snow for the London area Mon evening & Tuesday. Further west such as reading i'm afraid its showing heavy rain of course subject to change and hopefully for the western areas. Tuesday evening showing snow showers for the far se however could penetrate inland. Wednesday showing snow showers penetrating further inland this time.

Edited by london-snow

Posted
Posted

evening all. are you saying it could all fall as snow cause in west sussex at the moment it is showing rain on monday? very important i need to find out.

No one knows for sure yet, it's a matter of wait and see.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

What about north kent? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

A lot of talk if lamp post watching!,if developing evolution comes to fruition?the lamp post may not be visable ;-)..

Posted

I have to go on a journey from the road I live in to the road 20 metres away on Monday. I'm wondering if the extreme weather might hinder my journey. This will be from North Lowestoft, to another road in North Lowestoft. I will obviously pack the essentials for the trip: Ice pick, Shovel, Sleeping Bag, Scotch, Extra Cigarettes. Do any of the more knowledgeable weather enthusiasts think I should not attempt such a perilous undertaking?

I find the male interpretation of 'essentials' most amusing...

I know Kate, ridiculous. Sleeping bag? For goodness sake, man up Gary!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

A lot of talk if lamp post watching!,if developing evolution comes to fruition?the lamp post may not be visable ;-)..

This thread will go into meltdown when the white stuff starts falling!!!!

Posted
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

There must be a chance of something coming in off the North Sea, tonight?