Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 12th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Yes winter is surely over now, time to look forward to Spring, it was a nice cold spell and great the GFS Was bang on the money.

Kudos to that model for sure.

Looking forward to the nights getting longer now for sure

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Met office app keeps upgrading snow for monday for my area. Can it really go pairshaped at this late stage.

Katie

your in a fant astic location with decent heights. High wyc,always,does well.

Posted

To my eyes, it's doesn't look like an awful lot has changed for EA, London and northwards?

Just posted this as I feel the thread is concentrating on the SE area at the moment!

Edited by saint

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Again, sorry but I told you sad.png

What was it that surrey guy said, come back when you can read the models?! i think he is the one that should take his own advice

In his defence what he showed for the 12z run was correct, now it's changed on the 18z s you can't blame him for that?

People should listen to what the pro's have said and don't try to predict whether it will snow so far ahead.

Just look at the live forecasts and the Meto, they haven't guaranteed anything for Monday because they just don't know.

Posted

Yes winter is surely over now, time to look forward to Spring, it was a nice cold spell and great the GFS Was bang on the money.

Kudos to that model for sure.

Looking forward to the nights getting longer now for sure

rofl.gif

My point a few posts back...

Posted

the 48hr NAE chart is good for our region as it shows more precip coming se. just a note having followed nae forecasts in 2009/2010 and dec 2010, they have a habit of changing, run to run re the intensity and placement of the snowfall. however, this is a good start for us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

I think the most reliable data we're going to get at this late stage is the stuff that starts falling from the sky in the next 48 hours.

I'd also like to add - if you don't see snow, and others do over the next few days, please try and be gracefully miffed. No snippyness would be lovely, even if you are quietly dying inside- manners cost nothing :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Again, sorry but I told you sad.png

What was it that surrey guy said, come back when you can read the models?! i think he is the one that should take his own advice

That's it, I'm off to bed nonono.gifnonono.gifnonono.giflazy.giflazy.giflazy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

As I thought - very interesting.

13011418_1218.gif

some rather heavy falls for london there!!!

Posted

To my eyes, it's doesn't look like an awful lot has changed for EA, London and northwards?

Just posted this as I feel the thread is concentrating on the SE area at the moment!

Saint, Do you think I'll be ok in Epping, Essex?

Posted

Nothing has changed 100%

Snow

I used to live in Harrow and spent many years watching in envy as Kent got buried in snow whilst we missed out.

It would be infuriating if Harrow got buried and Kent saw nothing now that I've moved down here!

Edited by manutdmatt1986

Posted

some rather heavy falls for london there!!!

That's got me in the snow. Canterbury will see some from this, and as its moving SE, will see the heavier snow move this way too?

Posted

I think the most reliable data we're going to get at this late stage is the stuff that starts falling from the sky in the next 48 hours.

I'd also like to add - if you don't see snow, and others do over the next few days, please try and be gracefully miffed. No snippyness would be lovely, even if you are quietly dying inside- manners cost nothing smile.png

dont think i could of put it better lol.spot on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

406032_391153597643859_2043340954_n.jpg

My snow prediction map, as ever it's subject to change as the days get closer.

Current models have pushed the snow a little further West for Northern areas and further North-East for Southern counties. Again it is a developing situation and things are very likely to change from now until the actual event.

Snow amounts on Monday aren't as high as modelled beforehand however this is just down to the models becoming more accurate on precipitation accumulations. The red area has a wide area of depth between 3-8cm because accumulations will vary across the nation.

If you live along the Southern coast, snow is looking less of a concern due to warmer air from the warm sector of the low.

Edited by PerfectStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......

Lets hope the NAE Is on the ball.

It is more often than not, the one problem is that ground temps are above freezing, a degree or less so but we might get some nice settling on grass anyway.