Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 12th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

18Z NAE is rather depressing, 0-1cm from 0000 till 1200 on Monday. There are a couple of 2/3 cm South of London though.

Looking like the first band of snow dies before it reaches us tbh.

Dew-points are sub-zero north of Wattisham, around zero in and around London then above freezing West of Swindon and Basingstoke.

Edited by essexweather

Posted

This thread will go into meltdown when the white stuff starts falling!!!!

Well hopefully people will go out and enjoy it and the thread will go quiet because we are all having (Miranda-style) 'such fun'!

Edited by abruzzi spur

Posted
Posted

There must be a chance of something coming in off the North Sea, tonight?

Vikings? I flippin' hope not.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

18Z NAE is rather depressing, 0-1cm from 0000 till 1200 on Monday. There are a couple of 2/3 cm South of London though.

Dew-points are sub-zero north of Wattisham, around zero in and around London then above freezing West of Swindon and Basingstoke.

Hi Essex weather.

Whats it showing for the Home counties if you may.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

You'll be bored of it by tuesday ;)

You'll be bored of it by tuesday ;)

I doubt that very much! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......

NAE only up to 9 hours at the moment, those with a pink backing (on Weatheronline) are the 12z ones.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Well hopefully people will go out and enjoy it and the thread will go quiet becuase we are all having (Miranda-style) 'such fun'!

You would think so..after the barrage of ''its started here" posts.....when the 'what I call' snow starts to fall. rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Well my area looking v, good for precip, in the form of snow,(12 miles north west of london)...happy days.

Posted

Well hopefully people will go out and enjoy it and the thread will go quiet becuase we are all having (Miranda-style) 'such fun'!

Unless I'm at work looking out of the window at the snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Temp here is staying steady at 3.4 dewpoint 2.6 .Its rained all day here ,it looked slightly sleety earlier ,feels colder than it actually is though.Lets hope all you lovely peeps see lots of snow on Monday .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow, snow......... Snow

Just seen BBC 24 Weather @21.30 - unfortunately Jay Wynn didn't go as far as Monday, however map did show snow moving SE. Which to be fair we already know.

Posted

Hello GP

I remember Mrs Plum being stranded in the snow when she was pregnant. When was that? rolleyes.gif

November 30th 2010 when the big snow fell! It took her 10 hours to get from Epsom to Reigate!

Posted

18z NAE shows a general 5-8mm total precip to 18z monday across the region. the frames arent out yet so impossible to see if that all snowfall. it seems that the eastern extent at that timeframe doesn't get east of london so you'll have to wait till the morning to get a real picture of total nae forecast precip from the second front. the first appears to manage around a cm only.

NAE only up to 9 hours at the moment, those with a pink backing (on Weatheronline) are the 12z ones.

tom is looking at the precip toitals which come up immediately for the whole 48 hours.

Posted

Yes I remember. That was when my postman broke his leg on my front path......not my fault

He should have been more careful!

Mrs Plum was stuck on top of Reigate hill just past lower kingswood for about 5 hours... I would have gone up there but I had a sleeping toddler. She had nearly ran out of petrol and had no food!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......

18z NAE shows a general 5-8mm total precip to 18z monday across the region. the frames arent out yet so impossible to see if that all snowfall. it seems that the eastern extent at that timeframe doesn't get east of london so you'll have to wait till the morning to get a real picture of total nae forecast precip from the second front. the first appears to manage around a cm only.

tom is looking at the precip toitals which come up immediately for the whole 48 hours.

Got it, it's the total precip. amount that comes up.

EDIT: In that time period from 5mm to 3mm so not exactly going to make a whole load of difference!

Next six hours brings another 5mm of rain (or 5 cm of snow) though, that's before the potential overnight event which we won't see until tomorrow.

Edited by ukpaul

Posted

Hi folks, kilted visitor with a question if I may?

My good lady wife is due to fly to Gatwick then train to Polegate on Tuesday then return on Friday for her Grandad's funeral in Hailsham on Thursday. What are your thoughts on transport disruption for this period?

Flying to/from Edinburgh but can't see any major issues this end.

Cheers,

Andy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Not a big supprise really, going along with what the Beeb/meto have been saying all day.

The second band should hopefully start to kick things off.

Any udates yet from Ian F regarding Mogreps data ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

A lot of talk if lamp post watching!,if developing evolution comes to fruition?the lamp post may not be visable ;-)..

Lol may just see the top sticking out of the deep snow coverrofl.gif

Posted

Yamkin,is croydon council still on alert

Croydon Council will send out gritting teams in a few hours time, but it is difficult when raining due to grit being washed away. It's still game on for heavy snow from Monday biggrin.pngcold.gifclap.gif

Posted

GFS very disappointing with the latest run. A few days ago, today seemed hopeful for snow. Then it was Monday night, now thats getting away from us again. That is two runs where things have been downgraded. I don't want to sound downbeat, but i'm not particularly hopeful now.

There's still time for things to upgrade again, but this always seems to happen.

Posted

ok, there are lots of "will it snow here?" or "its showing rain" posts, regarding monday. as it stands now, we are looking at possibly 3 scenarios.

1) from about midnight sunday, it will snow pretty much everywhere in our region.

through the middle part of the day, it turns to rain or sleet as the "warm sector" moves through, then back to snow by late afternoon or evening.

2) as above but with sleet/ wet snow to the south west of the region for a time, the "warm sector" being mixed out and having less effect.

3) the "warm sector" takes a more southerly track as the front occludes more quickly, thereby missing us completely resulting in all snow

in conclusion, it will snow everywhere but how long for and exact amounts are yet to be decided. keep watching the forecasts, the radars and the lamp-posts. everyone will see some snow and with a bit of luck, scenario 3 will be the result.

20kd76h.jpg