Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Three Counties Regional Discussion

Team Jo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Going too be hard for the Met there model just doesn't want too change when all the others want too bring in the Atlantic.

UKM I would bank that any day!

Care to explain the significance for a noob such as myself?

Well

Cold with heavy snow and blizzard like conditions.

Thats why UKM seem so consistent with this lasting longer than what the GFS/ECM are saying.

Posted

Blizzards anyone?

UN120-21.GIF?13-17

MMMM, that'll make my journey to work a LOT faster (everyone else tends to stay at home:) )

5 days? The models will no hold it captain!

Need that bit of ridging to break down and get some nice cross polar flow set up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers and cold winters

Help, I've worked out what my dew point is (currently 0.9) but what is is a wet bulb and is that shown on a weather station?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

No one seems to know where Northamptonshire belongs. Is it East Midlands, South East or Eastern England. because we are on the edge of all these counties, never sure where we actually come under. Any suggestions?

Posted

Help, I've worked out what my dew point is (currently 0.9) but what is is a wet bulb and is that shown on a weather station?

Southend on Sea's current dewpoint is -2c

Posted

No one seems to know where Northamptonshire belongs. Is it East Midlands, South East or Eastern England. because we are on the edge of all these counties, never sure where we actually come under. Any suggestions?

Best suggestion I've heard is to join whichever one appears most friendly plus the one in the direction the weather is coming from.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Not sure about your weather station.Which model do you have.

Ambient wet bulb temperature and its affect on performance is the subject of this article.

Ambient wet bulb temperature is a condition measured by a device called a psychrometer. A psychrometer places a thin film of water on the bulb of a thermometer that is twirled in the air. After about a minute, the thermometer will show a reduced temperature. The low point when no additional twirling reduces the temperature is called the wet bulb temperature.

The measured wet bulb temperature is a function of relative humidity and ambient air temperature. Wet bulb temperature essentially measures how much water vapor the atmosphere can hold at current weather conditions. A lower wet bulb temperature means the air is drier and can hold more water vapor than it can at a higher wet bulb temperature.

For example:

Dry Bulb Temperature

50°F

60°F

70°F

85°F

90°F

Relative Humidity

40%

50%

35%

55%

60%

Resultant

Wet Bulb

Temperature40°F

50°F

55°F

73°F

78°F

Edited by Jason T

Posted

Southend on Sea's current dewpoint is -2c

Now showing -1 on my weather station. Obviously my dew point is faulty. Story of my life! blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northamptonshire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Copious amounts of snow and ice days

I see many of us have missed out on the amber warnings, just seen jay wynne on BBC24 and they are saying disruption likely to Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Hope we don't miss out as usual

Posted

Not sure about your weather station.Which model do you have.

Ambient wet bulb temperature and its affect on performance is the subject of this article.

Ambient wet bulb temperature is a condition measured by a device called a psychrometer. A psychrometer places a thin film of water on the bulb of a thermometer that is twirled in the air. After about a minute, the thermometer will show a reduced temperature. The low point when no additional twirling reduces the temperature is called the wet bulb temperature.

The measured wet bulb temperature is a function of relative humidity and ambient air temperature. Wet bulb temperature essentially measures how much water vapor the atmosphere can hold at current weather conditions. A lower wet bulb temperature means the air is drier and can hold more water vapor than it can at a higher wet bulb temperature.

For example:

Dry Bulb Temperature

50°F

60°F

70°F

85°F

90°F

Relative Humidity

40%

50%

35%

55%

60%

Resultant

Wet Bulb

Temperature40°F

50°F

55°F

73°F

78°F

Hi hun, it's a TFA Sinus. Have read everything you've posted and it's gone RIGHT over my head (not hard to do fool.gif

Posted

It looks to me like it's going to be mostly sleet for Essex - am I right?

No way. It may turn sleety for a little while in south Essex maybe in the afternoon (maybe)

But Essex will see snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Has anyone noticed that the warnings for the NE, Yorkshire, Humber and East Midlands are now Amber for tomorrow...

http://www.metoffice...Time=1357992060

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

East Midlands strictly speaking, but your more than welcome to hang around in here...the mulled wine will be open as soon as the first snowflake hits the ground drinks.gif

Does anyone know if they ever stop delivering the post if it snows heavily?

I have no idea about your area but in December 2010 I had no post for a week, my rubbish wasn't collected and there was no local bus service pardon.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!!! Or very hot and sunny!!! Nothing in the middle

Probably not the wright place to put this but does anyone think it might snow in or around the Ipswich area

Many thanks