Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion

Snowangel-MK

Posted

So many people on here were freaking this morning over no snow - those in the know just said calm down, now you see why. rofl.gif here she comes and approximately 200 miles of Kent streamer it looks like, majority heavy snow, the warm sea is fueling it like lake snow effect. Fantastic! blum.gif

snowkent.jpg

its more of a northerly direction im afraid, it will onlly clip kent

Posted

Temp +1.9 and +0.4. Sensors are about 3 foot apart in the garden, I wonder which one is right? Dew -0.3.

I'm wondering why is the dew point so much higher in my back garden than anywhere else in the SE? Is there somewhere I can check this against professional reading?

xcweather.co.uk

Check it there

Mine stil says --:-- even though I just changed the batteries!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Hi

In Stevenage here and as things stand we are in a fairly good position for snow here so you should be ok. Will be driving down the a1m past Hatfield in the morning and back during evening rush hour so will think of you as I go past lol

haha yea keep our fingers crossed we get a bit of the white stuff :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

So many people on here were freaking this morning over no snow - those in the know just said calm down, now you see why. rofl.gif here she comes and approximately 200 miles of Kent streamer it looks like, majority heavy snow, the warm sea is fueling it like lake snow effect. Fantastic! blum.gif

snowkent.jpg

But will this be snow..???/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Giving myself indigestion here shoveling my dinner down (which is a yummy cobbler stew!) So I can go back to the PC and carry on radar watching. :p

Posted

its more of a northerly direction im afraid, it will onlly clip kent

Nope your incorrect, been plotting this development since this morning, all the factors, its heading nicely in. Local conditions starting to prevail.

Posted

so if its coming, why has bbc weather not metioned it at all ? just watched news 24 and not showing much for us at all

They are understaffed and not reactive enough @ weekends, simples!

Much of what you see is recorded earlier.

Posted

Latest fax for Wednesday shows a more slack North Easterly Flow which would mean that snow showers wouldn't push so far in land and might explain why the Met Office warnings for Wednesday only really cover the far East of the region.

Also, the embedded trough that was close to the South East on the last fax is gone from this one.

http://www.meteociel...ax72s.gif?13-12

Edited by manutdmatt1986

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

I hate to be negative but if you fast forward on the radar it shows the blob slowly turning South and missing everybody.

Which is the predicted path as the front from the NW moves SE it deflects that blob to the South (of it's location, not the country)

Posted

snowkent.jpg

Hi PO nice to see you commenting on here again,been asking for a few hours if this will fall as snow as I am still at 3c and -4c dewpoint,and I can only assume you believe it will.

Posted

so if its coming, why has bbc weather not metioned it at all ? just watched news 24 and not showing much for us at all

They dont mention anything until it hits, they cant react quick. Never have been able to. Its like the Met Office, very slow at times. Where I live in the USA a lot we get instant warnings of heavy snow, in the UK they just seem to watch it.... :D

Posted

That blob is currently heading towards Central / Northern & east kent - & extreme SE essex- although it will start slowing the westward movement as the frontal zone over birmingham edges SE

S

Someone hold that front back! Its pushing against the tasty N Sea stuff...

Posted

The upper wind is still a slight NE direction which should bring it inland a bit but it will be a mainly far East event.

Majority of Kent should get hit, I just had a message from a friend who is senior at the gritters in Kent, and they just received a special warning from Met office to expect snow upto 5 to 6" as far west as the boundares of the county, so they are expecting like I have plotted it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Majority of Kent should get hit, I just had a message from a friend who is senior at the gritters in Kent, and they just received a special warning from Met office to expect snow upto 5 to 6" as far west as the boundares of the county, so they are expecting like I have plotted it.

hope your right as it could be a good night for most of us then ;)