Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion - January 14th 2013 12z Onwards

Coast

So then the Wrap around--

Dewpoints across the region at 3pm ..

0-1c across the west - more especially colder across the NW, 2-3c south of the thames & essex-

4/5c along the south coast!!!!

by 6pm the whole of london & essex & NW kent will be in the 0c/1c zone- again the 0c line filtering in from the NW-

there may well be residual snow falling on the back edge of the front, however unlikley to settle unless you have significant elevation or currently have snowcover ( IE NORTH LONDON)

9pm- the 0c t2M line is all the way down towards the coast with the -1c line across london-

In conjunction with 9pm the back of the front is set to clear kent & essex although the last residual part may linger out towards the felixstowe region-

9-12am- temps set to drop below freezing- dewpoints drop to -2/-3 widely & the grounbd will dry fast & freeze up- frozen puddles etc-

surface temps sub zero, as low as -4c in herts / north london/north essex where the snow has accumulated....

12-3am sees the wrap around developing- this is essentially the tail of the front that will be lingering around the coast of norfolk & suffolk-

it will pivot with an area of PPN moving back SW

It looks like South Essex, Suffolk & north kent may get a covering- PPN rates & time equates to max 2-3cm- but I guess 1-2cm coverage-

which will look nice-

The ppn will push back west- maybe reaching the west of the region- surrey etc before sliding away SE through kent & sussex-

Its very much a radar watch scenario- it will depend a lot actually on whether we get surface temps below freezing or whether the residual cloud cover holds the surface at 1c etc-

in Summary- max I guess from the wrap back 3cm- more chance of trace-2cm though-

in the mid term follow the UKMO model & watch the GFS track back- theres a chance of some snow crossing the region tues eve again but it may slide down the east of the region into central & East kent........

Looking ahead- friday may be our next chance........................

S

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Dying out here. Stayed as 100% snow woop. I measured 3cm couple hours ago and had upto another cm after that so 3-4cm lying snow, not bad :)

Fingers crossed I'm not too far West for the wraparound fun later

Posted

Lot's of lovely rain in Westgate on Sea. Let's face it, this winter is going to be best known for being a wash out!

Posted

Even yamkin sounds fed up! mega_shok.gif

Just a bit tired, but not tired for snow blum.gif

Let's keep an eye on the ppn from Wales & Cheshire Gap. Both ppn are merging towards the SE

Posted

Shame i did not hold off walking the dog at 3:15pm it was pouring with rain and sleet.

30 mins later bright skies and all ppn now gone.

Typical !

Tut Tut L-S you should have checked the radar lol..

Posted

Very wet big blobs of white stuff just started, end of the warmer segment??

And clear sky in the distance :(

Posted

steve where abouts in greenhithe are you i am down the bottom near crossways

all i am seeing is rain at the moment

hi im in the knockhall part of greenhithe, just rain but hoping for something later this eve, what are your thoughts

Posted

Those showers over wales/midlands are dissipating as i suggested they would so wont reach here

Steve

What is it like to be so right all of the time ??

It must be great being you. Ever thought of becoming a forecaster on here to help all us poor souls out once in a while.

ANy chance of giving us a Forecast for the rest of the week, it might actually help some of us lesser mortals

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

ive not given up hope yet but its hard not to looking out my window at all this rain :(

Posted

Looks like Brentwood, Billericay, Loughton, Epping etc all doing well.

Bloody TOWIE lot!

Edited by Shrimper

Posted

NAE have called it best in this spell, way better than METO

NAE updates say Cheshire Gap will reach the SE and the wrap around will reach west London

NAE > METO

In all fairness, he is right. The Met Office got most of the ppn type wrong for the NW of our region until it very near the event.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

there is something wrong with your guage- its about 4 degrees to cold-

Indeed 2c here in Crayford

Posted

Steve

What is it like to be so right all of the time ??

It must be great being you. Ever thought of becoming a forecaster on here to help all us poor souls out once in a while.

ANy chance of giving us a Forecast for the rest of the week, it might actually help some of us lesser mortals

Its called reality, rather than hoping something will happen and saying it will i choose to actually put facts together and come up with a factual answer

Its not hard

Just likeyday when some were saying 'expect upgrades yay' and getting hopes up of those on the forum i asked for some reality and to actually look at what was happening and would you know it, look what happened, nothing....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Looks like Brentwood, Billericay, Loughton, Epping etc all doing well.

Bloody TOWIE lot!

yep its looking reem over there!

Posted

Can't believe these high temps after all that hype...

That's the issue. If we had stuck to good old-fashioned BBC / ITV news forecasts we wouldn't be so disappointed, because we would have expected rain/sleet, rather than being brainwashed into believing that we would be needing shovels and sledges today.