Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 16/01/13 22z ----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

I wonder what would happen to this thread if it all goes pear shaped during the 12z output? :p :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and model watching in general, I teach geography at secondary level and am fascinated with meteorology. When I get a chance I would love to learn how to draw my own conclusions from the models but for now I have just been following all of your expertise.

I live in Poole and know that we are renown for having a 'snow shield', like most of you guys, I'm sure, my friends are getting pretty annoyed with me getting their hopes up and them being smashed by rain in stead of snow. I have ramped to the extreme about tomorrow but am slightly worried about this event only falling as snow tomorrow. Realistically, taking into account wind direction, dew points, etc what are our chances here in Poole?

Thank you in advance for your time and good luck for the upcoming events! It's going to be epic!!

Andy

Welcome aboard Andy, I refer here to one of the better analyses from this morning. good.gif

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/75596-south-westcentral-southern-england-regional-discussion-160113-22z/page__st__500#entry2515983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

LMAOrofl.gifrofl.gif WWIII

AWD

Posted A minute ago

I wonder what would happen to this thread if it all goes pear shaped during the 12z output? blum.gifblum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

I wonder what would happen to this thread if it all goes pear shaped during the 12z output? blum.gifblum.gif

Just coming down to good old fashioned observing the event

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

I wonder what would happen to this thread if it all goes pear shaped during the 12z output? :p :p

Omg lol.

Posted

I believe there's some genuine worry at the Meto about a period of intensity of snowfall for a few hours tomorrow.

Snow falling v quickly and heavily for a time, which obviously causes visibility issues on the roads, etc.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

I can't get my smilies to work on the full site :-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Blizzards it is then tomorrow smile.png

For some yes, albiet briefly and at elevation. acute.gif

Please post carefully as you may not then receive contempt from others. hi.gif

If you have any questions regarding anything concerning the weather, don't be afraid to ask.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine & Snow

RAMP alert from Frosty on MOD thread help.gif

LOL well I just heard the snow area is going to spread out further north and east going deeper into tomorrow, even london has an amber warning now, the main core of the blizzards will be across the sw, wales and n.ireland tonight and tomorrow morning, but then the snow will spread out more to a wider area, for some areas, tomorrow will bring the worst blizzards for over 20 years, nearly a foot of snow and deep drifts by tomorrow night.

Posted

I believe there's some genuine worry at the Meto about a period of intensity of snowfall for a few hours tomorrow.

Snow falling v quickly and heavily for a time, which obviously causes visibility issues on the roads, etc.

What's your plans about getting to Dartmouth tomorrow? Probably best to leave it until midday when it eases off isn't it?

Posted

When this current (albeit light) snowfall was picked up a couple of days ago by the NAE it was dismissed as being overly progressive by the MO and treated as an outlier. I'm sure it was probably slightly progressive at the time but it's looking pretty accurate to me.

Posted

All i can say is WELL DONE IAN FERGUSSON, He predicted the mid Jan cold spell back in Early December and he also said this snow event back at very start of the week.

Thats nothing, I predict raging blizzard like snowfall in December 2013 from the 16th to the 22nd, you just watch this space. dirol.gif

Joking aside, he is very much a benefit to this forums. hi.gif

Posted

Personally speaking I think we've done all the forecasting we can do now, its now a case of watching events unfold.

Look at the 12z UKMO-GM, NAE & NMM as well as the 18z NAE and NMM. That's the only models I will be focusing on now. Aside from that, its radar watching time.

Good luck all and may The Lord be with you.

I'm off to work now, think I'm heading to lovely Eastleigh today.

Posted

It is bound to, I simply don't trust the GFS 12z, no way. rofl.gifoops.gif

Posted

Hi folks,

Firstly, it is snowing here in Kingsclere. Only very lightly, mind you.

Secondly, whilst I am looking forward to tomorrow's snow immensely, I looked at the ECM chart last night that showed a significant and deep low pressure coming off the Atlantic on Tuesday. Could this one bring significant snow fall to the region, as it appeared to be hell of a lot deeper than that which is coming tomorrow?

Posted

What's your plans about getting to Dartmouth tomorrow? Probably best to leave it until midday when it eases off isn't it?

lastminute.com

I'll be following this thread from around 6 in the morning i suspect. That's a genuine comment. It's pure Live updates from our region.

The key for me is (i) how heavy is it in our locality (ii) is it really widespread to the south thru' Somerset and Devon? And (iii) Is Haldon Hill OK?

My other half already started the sulks last nite when i said that i don't reckon we'll be going. It's going to be a pressure cooker atmos tonite in da house!

Posted

Well i can now relax safe in the knowledge that my area will not be getting snow. But i am sure going to watch the rest getting a battering. I am finding it hard to get around at the moment due to a bad back, i really dont need anything white underfoot, find it hard enough to stand and walk as it is. lol

Have fun everyone, dont forget the pics.

kaz x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of Snow

I don't get it if we are in amber warning in Devon why are local forecasts saying rain , I'm in ashburton just below dart moor at 93m will I see snow and for how long