Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 16/01/13 22z ----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter

Light snow flurries on and off all morning here, also noticed it was trying to settle earlier which bodes well I think. Can't shake that nagging feeling that it will be rain here tomorrow as that is what so often happens, with snow just a few miles inland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I wonder what would happen to this thread if it all goes pear shaped during the 12z output? blum.gifblum.gif

easiest weather prediction ever......

....I predict a riot....lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

3c here :( looks like some rain is about to come in..

I hope tonight gets colder damn quick!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Can anyone help? Have the smilies been turned off on the main site? Can't get them at all. And can't see a why of changing user settings to see if something has changed.

Posted

There's reports of rain, sleet and snow in places but it's down to a weak upper occlusion and slack windflow. The stronger occlusion that pushes in tomorrow will have stronger winds from a south easterly. You'll see plenty of snow tomorrow. smile.png

Thank you Mapantz! Seeing rain in Christchurch filled me with dread, now feeling more positive again.

Posted

3c here sad.png looks like some rain is about to come in..

I hope tonight gets colder damn quick!

3c here and had light snow fall for the past 3 hours (on and off) I was surprised to get in my car and see the temp while wiping snow off the windscreen.

Posted

Hi folks,

Firstly, it is snowing here in Kingsclere. Only very lightly, mind you.

Secondly, whilst I am looking forward to tomorrow's snow immensely, I looked at the ECM chart last night that showed a significant and deep low pressure coming off the Atlantic on Tuesday. Could this one bring significant snow fall to the region, as it appeared to be hell of a lot deeper than that which is coming tomorrow?

Hi Schmalex, late Mon afternoon and through the night into Tue early morning is looking promising at the moment with a front associated with that low stalling over us in the mid south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

After the weeks of rain and mild winter, Just to have these synoptics and warnings in place, should cheer cold lovers who have been chasing cold snowy weather for weeks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,It's here enjoy the expectations

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Personally speaking I think we've done all the forecasting we can do now, its now a case of watching events unfold.

Look at the 12z UKMO-GM, NAE & NMM as well as the 18z NAE and NMM. That's the only models I will be focusing on now. Aside from that, its radar watching time.

Good luck all and may The Lord be with you.

I'm off to work now, think I'm heading to lovely Eastleigh today

Referring to the bit in red, If only. rofl.gif

The rest is absolutely spot on and thankyou kindly for much valued analysis.

Cheers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Well i can now relax safe in the knowledge that my area will not be getting snow. But i am sure going to watch the rest getting a battering. I am finding it hard to get around at the moment due to a bad back, i really dont need anything white underfoot, find it hard enough to stand and walk as it is. lol

Have fun everyone, dont forget the pics.

kaz x

Clairvoyant Kaz. fool.gif

The future is UNCERTAIN. Always is, always will be. mega_shok.gifgood.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

My nan just called my mum and said "We're supposed to get 10 inches" lol.

Not sure where she heard that, I think she just loves a ramp. biggrin.png

It was always better in the old days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

right then, I'm off out to work, a few deliveries up in the Cotswolds....have fun, hope the 12z outputs fill you all with joy!...back tonight smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

3c here and had light snow fall for the past 3 hours (on and off) I was surprised to get in my car and see the temp while wiping snow off the windscreen.

Thats encouraging..

I mainly want snow from this small band today because a work colleague said he would eat his socks if it snowed.

Posted

Fancy another 'gentlemens' bet?

1300mm by the end of January. rofl.gif

TBF, I haven't got a clue and nothing would surprise me, we may get even more rain than that this year. bad.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, inc Snow and Wind

So, if the coastal fringes are penciled in for Amber Warnings, how come we have some light spots of rain in Ferndown at the moment? Doesn't bode well !sorry.gif

That is a bit like saying, the traffics lights are red, so they are going to be red this time tomorrow. Tempretures are forcast to be lower tomorrow morning compared to todays. I agree it may be marginal at times on the coast, but I am expecting to see a good 6 hours of snow before (if) it turns back to sleet / rain. There is still an outside chance it might remain as snow in my mind.

TNW

Posted

Just a reminder the weather warnings go out to midday on sunday. With the meto saying that another 10cm might fall between sat and midday sunday on top of the 10-15cm.

V

Issued at:1241 on Thu 17 Jan 2013

Valid from:0005 on Sat 19 Jan 2013

Valid to:1200 on Sun 20 Jan 2013

The band of snow will slowly weaken through Saturday morning with further accumulations of 5 cm over central areas. Further snow showers will spread into many eastern areas giving 2-5 cm of snow in places and as much as 10 cm over high ground. During the evening ice will form in many areas where there is snow cover, lasting into Sunday morning.

The public are advised to be aware of the continued risk of disruption to transport during this spell of wintry weather

Edited by Iceberg

Posted

Can anyone help? Have the smilies been turned off on the main site? Can't get them at all. And can't see a why of changing user settings to see if something has changed.

Still working here! good.gif

Posted

Latest bbc does not show snow tapering off at 1500 anymore which is good.. All day snow for east of region I think

Posted

Clairvoyant Kaz. fool.gif

The future is UNCERTAIN. Always is, always will be. mega_shok.gifgood.gif

No not clairvoyant just looked and charts, weather forecasts ect. I do think Exmoor will see some snow but there is nothing to suggest that my area (Barnstaple) will see any snow. I will whisper this last bit ... Which to be honest I am very happy about.

Both my sons live in Berkshire in fact i was born there so i am sure they will be calling telling me of huge amounts of snow they are getting.

Kaz air_kiss.gif

Posted

Really hope we see snow on the extreme coast tomorrow but only had some light drizzly rain this morning help.gif

Was -1C again last night & is 3.5C at the moment with a dp of 1.4C

it was snowing very lighlty here !!!! no rain so far !!

Posted

flurry of posts...

Points west talking about 11 inches for mendips and cotswolds, seems more than the official meto forecast, 7 inches for other parts of the region.

Shhh don't tell mullender........... Let it be a surprise... haha