Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - January 17th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

It does seem to be to some degree. If I was in SE Scotland then I would be getting a bit excited. It looks to be setting up quite nicely. You dont want the wind to swing nay more easterly - its a comin' anyway!

Yes we do.....good.gif

Somewhere in the SE could get a severe pasting tonight, depending where the precip comes onshore. There's 150 miles of showers still out in the North Sea...

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

well looks like we are going to see plenty of shower activity to keep things interesting over the next few days but another 72hr wait till we find out our fate with the next big event.

cant stand all this waiting to see if we get or not its times like this i wish i hadnt stop drinking in the summer could fair do with a few pints just now after what we have had this winter.

Posted

post-12424-0-80917200-1358526597_thumb.j

Showers starting to push further west just to the north of the main area of snow affecting Yorkshire. You can see the snow showers making good progress into the Borders.

Above is a map highlighting the zones at risk of snow showers judging from the latest radar - likely change.

Black zone - VERY HIGH RISK of Convective Snow showers and highest risk of accumilations away from the sea

Red zone - HIGH RISK of quite frequent, heavy snow showers and possibly some accumilations in places - especially on higher ground

Orange zone - MODERATE RISK of some snow showers at times.

Yellow zone - LOWER RISK but a chance of snow showers from time to time

Edited by A Winter's Tale

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Have been viewing Meteo radar but I think I will move back to Netweather's. A lot more defined. Still dark here but nothing more out of it yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Yes we do.....good.gif

Not immediately, we want it to keep doing what it has been doing - gradually swinging round so bit by bit we steal all the English snow until the whole lot is either onshore or out adjacent to us in the North Sea for when the flow turns properly easterly.drinks.gif

Stirling Snowshield FULLY operational.

sad.png

We have all chipped in £2.50 and have bought an old nuke from the Russians. It should do the trick on your snowshield, although it will mean you can't go back to Stirling for 2,200 years.

post-2844-0-01243200-1358526653_thumb.jp

Posted

That shower that just brushed Edinburgh passed over Coldstream - check out the radar for the area around Coldstream, particularly to the south and east, and I think things might start to get a bit more interesting for the Lothians in the next few hours.

Quickly fragmenting though as it moves inland, suspect all it leaves us with is a flurry

Posted

Still nothing as it gets dark. Quite interestringly though there's a cloud I been watching probably means nothing but i'll snap a pic of it anyway with my phone

Pic (Not the best but I assume that might be a distant shower)

post-2011-0-99960500-1358527253_thumb.jp

Edited by NUT

Posted

We have all chipped in £2.50 and have bought an old nuke from the Russians. It should do the trick on your snowshield, although it will mean you can't go back to Stirling for 2,200 years.

post-2844-0-01243200-1358526653_thumb.jp

Hey...a nuclear winter.

Fair play, the snow will be glowing, but bugger it, it's snow....

Posted

Stirling Snowshield FULLY operational.

sad.png

Alloa too. Hopefully when the winds shift more easterly we can get in on some of the action! Monday looking very good as well, that UKMO chart is just ohmy.png . Blizzards if it verifies. In the meantime, Edinburgh could get some heavy snow from that blob over the Borders, depending on how far west it moves of course.

Posted

A few photos. First one shows a snow shower crossing the Firth from SE to NW a very rare occurence.post-2744-0-50613600-1358526287_thumb.jp

The next two are of the sunset through a snow shower heading to Invernes.post-2744-0-09145600-1358526328_thumb.jppost-2744-0-78987100-1358526373_thumb.jps

And the final two are of snow showers to the east at sunset.post-2744-0-72455800-1358526406_thumb.jppost-2744-0-76111200-1358526429_thumb.jp

Currently clear with a fresh wind and 0c

Posted

Quickly fragmenting though as it moves inland, suspect all it leaves us with is a flurry

Yeah. I'm running out of positivity too wink.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Not immediately, we want it to keep doing what it has been doing - gradually swinging round so bit by bit we steal all the English snow until the whole lot is either onshore or out adjacent to us in the North Sea for when the flow turns properly easterly.drinks.gif

We want snow as well!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

apparently snowing crossgates/cowdenbeath so maybe not too far away Blitzen.

Clear again above me now. Damn it!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

The NMM has the band hitting Edinburgh around 6pm and heading swiftly northwards before the whole system pulls west across the country, remaining as intense and giving snow right through to Glasgow. Thereafter snow potential from the northeast with a serious risk for Aberdeenshire before settling into a more standard convective easterly by tomorrow evening into Sunday, still with the risk into central parts.

We want snow as well!!

Looks like there's enough off the Humberside coast to keep you guys going for a while yetgood.gif

Posted
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)

Hi everyone, been lurking...as you do...not a happy bunny, Been snowing off and on all day here, 20+ showers and none i repeat none of it has stuck around longer than 5 mins.sorry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

if there is a party I nominate Fort SS hoose as the venue, super fast snaw and a car / empty Tesco full of beer. sounds like a plan.

Big baistrt oh a shooer incomin!

Beer and snaw pairty kickin aff at 5 pm.

Meantime just found a reason tae go for a quick drive tae lauder. BRB...diablo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Every frame on the UKMO up to 3 days out has sub -8C uppers, every single frame, and every one has us under an easterly flow of some kind, with the most southerly wind being over the next six hours.

Get in there!