Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - January 17th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

I think we might be about to get a few beefy showers. It's gone very dark to the south east.

You were right, just gone extremely dark in Dyce and started snowing again. Lets see if it is a 5 minute wonder again or not.

Edited by Ravelin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Gone rather dark here now over my direction. Clouds definitely have more of an easterly flow to them. I hope this is it now as I have forgotten what a snowflake looks like!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

IT'S SNAWING! heavy (or is it lickety split fast?) and settling clapping.gif

Edited by over_the_rainbow

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

What makes you say that? Met Office updated forecast on website this afternoon still reckons some showers might make the Glasgow area later this evening - not expecting much, and there might quite possibly be nothing, but seems to early to write it off.

Just the way it has panned out. The showers are not even hitting Edinburgh which they were predicted to do. The radar has been teasing but really nothing coming West.

Posted

It's quite strange here. Blue/pink skies overhead, lots of peppered cloud to the south-east and east, and a big bank of cloud visible to the south-west and you can visibly see the clouds moving in totally different directions. No wonder forecasters had issues!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

...and I can see blue sky again so that was just about the predicted 5 mins. Impressive when it's on though, if it could only last it'd accumulate quite fast I'd say.

Posted

Light snow showers on and off all day with a heavier one around 1.30pm which left a covering. Has stayed cold at the coast (~1c) despite the strong SE wind.

Posted

Gone rather dark here now over my direction. Clouds definitely have more of an easterly flow to them. I hope this is it now as I have forgotten what a snowflake looks like!

Was just thinking the same thing Blitzen!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Its now proper snow.... lovely darkening of the sky...beautiful slow falling snow. My Chickens are tapping at the back door to get in lol

Posted

You were right, just gone extremely dark in Dyce and started snowing again. Lets see if it is a 5 minute wonder again or not.

Yup, another 5 minute wonder. Was slightly dampish to start compared to earlier showers but turned to drier snow, and at least it is snow still! Just need the showers to increase. Gone dark again though so increasing now definitely.. would be nice for temp to drop. may hold with more eastward wind being warmer, but sun away so colder, if you get what I mean.

Woudl have expected more shower activity by now from prev experience, but I suppose I am thinking of our "usual" northerlies!

Looking at radar then there appears a well organised attack making landfall NE England and heading for east borders and then Edinburgh? Then further out to see and perhaps for later this evening there is greater mass of moisture laiden clouds heading for the East cost kiltland to my eye?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Yep!

Chucking it down just now... long may it continue.... smile.png

Tim

It was fun watching it coming! Kinnoull just suddenly disappeared infront of me. Whole sky went white and now its everywhere! My kids (and me) are so happy!! I can't believe the depth in 10 mins.

I really really hope this moves into the rest of the central belt and all away across to the west! We have all waited so long that I hope well all get a bite of the snaw cherry. drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Was just thinking the same thing Blitzen!

A few small flakes just starting to drift down here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Getting a bit heavier here now, still very dry snow but good to see all the same

Posted

Decided to head out of Dundee after a heavy spell of snow which lasted an hour, got back to Cupar where there were only patches of snow, no sooner was I in the door than the sky went black and it has chucked it down since. Plenty more on the radar!

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

mondays event still showing on models

UKMO60hrs

UW60-21.GIF?18-16

UKMO 72hrs

UW72-21.GIF?18-16

GFS 60hr

gfs-0-60.png?12

GFS 72hr

gfs-0-72.png?12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snoooowwww with some thunderstorms on the side

Just had some Thundersnow! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Joe i'm at the hillfoots - near the lammermuirs, not all that far away from Pencaitland/Gifford/tranent - if you know the area.

Posted

Just had some Thundersnow! smile.png

Thundersnow in Aberdeengood.gif

Glad to hear North Sea snow machine is kicking up a gear biggrin.png Now just for the wind direction to change and bring more of us into the game!

Welcome Big Rain or should I say Big Snaw smile.png

Edited by Ross B