Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion - January 17th 2013, 12z onwards

Coast

Looking like the snow is about to stop here soon but I'm more than happy with this somewhat unexpected cover.

A few more pics of the couple of cm, happy smile.png

post-14390-0-15601300-1358462844_thumb.jpost-14390-0-59772600-1358462905_thumb.jpost-14390-0-48628100-1358462969_thumb.j

At a relatively modest elevation as well, same scenes here but the snow keeps on falling some big flakes right now being driven in on that strong south easterly wind. cold.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Whatever happens December 2010 will not be beaten in my lifetime, that really was special.

Are you very old?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

NOTAM = Notice To Airmen

If there's such things like icing on the runway/taxiway, snow drifting, snow clearance, etc, it'll all be on the NOTAM.

thanks that's good for me know I have learnt something .happy.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Looking like the snow is about to stop here soon but I'm more than happy with this somewhat unexpected cover.

A few more pics of the couple of cm, happy smile.png

post-14390-0-15601300-1358462844_thumb.jpost-14390-0-59772600-1358462905_thumb.jpost-14390-0-48628100-1358462969_thumb.j

Now stop showing off :) wow we haven't anything like that you lucky bean

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

it usually is, its their business to know whats going to happen lol

Got a bad feeling telling me all we'll be seeing tomorrow is flakes blowing in the wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

I've been following the North west regional thread for years. (First post, go easy.) This graphic is the best forecast I've seen ever.

I'm in the North West of the North West region (Wigton, 12 miles due West of Carlisle) and being on the Solway plain we never get snow. I'm ignoring all the forecasts and will be looking out the window tomorrow.

Welcome to Netweather (although you've been following it for years) lol.... Another fellow cumbrian who'll have no snow tomorrow! rofl.gif

Posted

Looks like the first band is just about over here judging by the radar. Hoping for the best tomorrow! sorry for the underline....windows 8

Posted

Whatever happens December 2010 will not be beaten in my lifetime, that really was special.

Yep wasn't just the snow....the hoar frost that started it, the sheets of ice banging together in the ribble, minus 18 at night and lots of ice days......awesome

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Well all i can say is that at least we are guaranteed something which was not nessesarily the case last night, still snowing here but never been heavier than moderate and mostly been light, good luck everyone for tommorow.

Posted

Got a bad feeling telling me all we'll be seeing tomorrow is flakes blowing in the wind.

you need to relax, get away from model watching, its a nowcast situation like its always been...not relying on meto, they have been caught out several times in the last 24 hours..i dont like the nae because for me its too flakey..i'll take the airport forecast any day of the week..rain or snow they have been very good so far...predicted this snow event along with accu, although accu showed this pretty much all week. nothing for you to get worried about...think a few people are worried and trying to throw evolutions out...forget it, get some rest..busy day snow watching tomorrow

Posted

Theres a few that haven't got any locations showing on their profiles, if you'd go to edit profile and add your location in so we can determine where your reports are from, thanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

you need to relax, get away from model watching, its a nowcast situation like its always been...not relying on meto, they have been caught out several times in the last 24 hours..i dont like the nae because for me its too flakey..i'll take the airport forecast any day of the week..rain or snow they have been very good so far...predicted this snow event along with accu, although accu showed this pretty much all week. nothing for you to get worried about...think a few people are worried and trying to throw evolutions out...forget it, get some rest..busy day snow watching tomorrow

Cheers mate, great post. Was just getting a little annoyed that the Met Office are contradicting their own warning. Time will tell. Nowcast as you say.

Posted

At a relatively modest elevation as well, same scenes here but the snow keeps on falling some big flakes right now being driven in on that strong south easterly wind. cold.gif

Indeed Dave, still snowing here but quite light now, expecting it to stop very soon. Dew points are tumbling since the wind picked up and the temp is around freezing now. Hopefully we can hang on to this snow cover for a while tomorrow :)

Posted

How can that HUGE band of ppn to the West not make it to the NW?

It's coming up against a big wedge of cold dry air like hitting a brick wall!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Heat & Thunderstorms Winter - Cold & Snowfall!

Around 2cm in Macclesfield at the moment, still snowing & currently -1 - I am hoping for around 10cm by tommorow evening!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

The North West snow shield has been activated my friend

Posted

Hmmmm looking at the radar is have to agree....but for here if something can go wrong it will...'..as that radar looks at the moment I can't see what can go wrong

....hasn't been that cold here today couldn't be rain near the costs could it...

Posted

It's coming up against a big wedge of cold dry air like hitting a brick wall!

in the same breath that colder air is further east, probably around sheffield or there abouts not entirely sure, can't see the edge of it missing the nw, too much intensification on it, to just pivot and fizzle out before getting here...im not even sure it will pivot.