Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 18th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Latest from my window.

Not bad considering I had no lying snow prior to this morning. Still snowing outside.

post-1766-0-32328700-1358525505_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Disruptive

Hey you guys in the west can you quit pushing your mild weather over here in the east!

Will do

Seems that the snowfall expected on Sunday is slowly moving westwards and we may see more significant snow in the West than was originally planned

Posted

Good 12z runs for the EA, Sunday is looking increasingly interesting with the bullseye zone being EA. The only uncertainty I'd have at the moment is the complexity of the evolution.

Can you explain why it complex and when will it not be !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, blizzards, thunder snow, thunder and lightning, heat waves, tornadoes

Is that it then? Absolutely zilch. Not even a dusting here in Chelmsford. I thought we had to 'be prepared'. I give up chasing this white stuff now. Despite a plan B for Sunday, my glass is officially half empty.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

About 6 inches here, roads bad

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Can you explain why it complex and when will it not be !

Considering that a combination of warmer uppers, higher dewpoints and wind-direction might cause some marginality...It certainly looks complex to me...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

well it's been snowing here since 9am and is still going.

have just popped out to messure it and we have 2inch so far.

Temperature: -3 °C

Comfort Level: -10 °C

Dew point: -3 °C

Pressure: 998 millibars

Humidity: 100%

Visibility: 1 km

Wind: 24 km/h from 120° East-southeastsa26.png

how much longer is it expected to last tonight?

Posted

Reposted from London and SE thread:

14cms/5.5 inches here and still snowing but very lightly...

And here's our snow penguin biggrin.png

post-8206-0-58234600-1358526009_thumb.jp

post-8206-0-08510500-1358526019_thumb.jp

Only very light snow in Hemel Hempstead (149m) now. Light to moderate snow since 8.30am has left about 6cm of fresh snow on top of about 2cm left from Monday. Some light drifting where I live, suggests that some country roads up in the Chilterns could have drifts across them. Current temperature around -3.5 C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy
Posted

Had a really nice covering here, still snowing major lightly, looks like it's done for the rest of the day/night?

Then the little bloody kids from a few doors away decided to come ruin it all and start playing in my drive way rather than their own, stealing all of my snow! Go get your own snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Is that it then? Absolutely zilch. Not even a dusting here in Chelmsford. I thought we had to 'be prepared'. I give up chasing this white stuff now. Despite a plan B for Sunday, my glass is officially half empty.

yep totally agree cant belive it ,dont me to be dispondant and happy for the snow people,but the met office have truly done me in with there heavy snow forcast for hours on end today. everything disappering off radar now so the question is,where is this snow for all day sat? i see nothing in the wings?

Posted

Latest from my window.

Not bad considering I had no lying snow prior to this morning. Still snowing outside.

post-1766-0-32328700-1358525505_thumb.jp

Same here started with nothing and have bout 4-5 cm it's got a bit heavy again so if its pivoted should be heading your way I think

Posted

@timmytour.

In fact if you look at the radar for Sawbridgeworth on Met Office website from about 1pm onwards, just look how close that slightly heavier snow was for all that time. Basically most of the day, I'd say we here were about 10-15 miles away from the heavier stuff.

Oh well, we look forward to just missing Sunday's snow, because it passes us to the east and I'd say that could well happen, we often see stuff that moves up from France, just miss us to the east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

My forecast for Sunday smile.png

https://www.facebook...&type=1

very good and thanks ps,however have you any idea why the met office has me down for heavy snow all day sat,wheres that spose to come from is it a mistake?

Posted

yep totally agree cant belive it ,dont me to be dispondant and happy for the snow people,but the met office have truly done me in with there heavy snow forcast for hours on end today. everything disappering off radar now so the question is,where is this snow for all day sat? i see nothing in the wings?

Lets be fair though at no stage did the NAE or GFS ever indicate heavy snow for the E/NE of this region and the main risk was always for the S & W of E Anglia. I am surprised that some haven't seen any snow but all that was predicted was around 2cm by the Met O/NAE.

Posted

But, at least we got pasted by the 'killer blob' last night...Who'd bet against some showers tomorrow?

i'm confused.i thought this coastline wasn't meant to see the main snow till later tonight anyway?

Posted

i'm confused.i thought this coastline wasn't meant to see the main snow till later tonight anyway?

More out of hope, I tend to agree. I remember one BBC forecast which suggested that snow might not get here until evening time. The MetO website also seems to be suggesting that it will snow later.

But I'm looking at the radar and not feeling confident.

BTW not blowing my own trumpet but I posted this at 6.51am this morning.

Is anyone else currently suffering the same worries as me?

1) Today will be a non-event in our region with minimal amounts of snow for EA.

2) Tomorrow will see some light and insignificant snow.

3) Snow will stay out in North Sea on Sunday

4) Those rain/sleet symbols for Monday on the Met Office website yesterday will wash it all away

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

As expected, a big fat non event for this part of the world today. Those NAE ppn charts looked worse and worse as it drew closer.

On the up side, unexpected snow last night was a bonus and there's Sunday too, although talk of marginality then is worrying as if it's marginal round here, it always goes the wrong way, as last Monday proved!

Posted

I've got to say that unless we do see a further spell of snow later this evening, which judging by the radar is looking less and less likely, this cold spell so far has been pretty poor in this locale.

As for NAE, projected 5cms accumulation here....not got anywhere near that total.

Anyway, from what I can make out, it now projects the stuff down to the SE to move northwards through the evening into the southern part of this region....we'll see!

SK