Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion - January 18th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

I'm happy when I see decent snowfall and decent coverage!!

Posted · Hidden by reef, January 18, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by reef, January 18, 2013 - No reason given

Summer blizzard what's going on!!

Look mate, no offence or anything but your really starting to annoy me and most of the other people in this thread, this thread is not for your permanent whinging, just get a grip and start contributing instead of just been a TROLL!

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

He be fine.

I see little evidence of this break up for our part of the front (look pretty much like the NAE predicted).

Very low visibility with small snow here, i await some intensification.

Posted

I don't actually live at LBA LOL. I would expect there be delays perhaps cancellation depending on how much we see. So far all flights to and from EU countries are running fine. smile.png

terminalu.jpg

cheese rice in bed rofl.gif

Posted

Look mate, no offence or anything but your really starting to annoy me and most of the other people in this thread, this thread is not for your permanent whinging, just get a grip and start contributing instead of just been a TROLL!

mate I'm not trying to be annoying or anything, not a troll get your facts right. I have a high level understanding of the weather and study it. I am just trying to point out a few obvious and frustrating things that some don't seem to understand. Now look outside and watch the snow. x

Posted

I've just zoomed out on the weather radar to see what's coming at it looks like a heavy pulse of something has been stuck over Anglesy for most of the day. If that's true and it's coming down as snow, they must have 10 ft by now rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Getting darker now, street lights will soon be on, then the fun really starts.................

Might decide to find one just outside a pub, nothing better than lamppost watching pint in hand !

Posted

mate I'm not trying to be annoying or anything, not a troll get your facts right. I have a high level understanding of the weather and study it. I am just trying to point out a few obvious and frustrating things that some don't seem to understand. Now look outside and watch the snow. x

Bahahahhahahahahahha in your dreams mate rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Posted

He be fine.

I see little evidence of this break up for our part of the front (look pretty much like the NAE predicted).

Very low visibility with small snow here, i await some intensification.

What's the first part of your postcode?

There's this line of heavier snow pushing north and intensifying but I don't know whether you've missed it.

post-8968-0-48541600-1358526679_thumb.pn

Posted

Same here, will definitely get my couple of cm's at this rate. Radar indicates it should decrease in intensity soon, however their should be snow around for a while!

Edit: 3cm now

1-2cm here :) there will be weird drifts tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

15z2mmd.jpg

Just a covering but has got a little heavier the last ten minutes. Making my 2-10 shift pleasant !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

Getting slightly bigger flakes up here now. Got a nice covering. Perhaps just over an inch now, will nip out and measure later.

Posted

There's this line of heavier snow pushing north and intensifying but I don't know whether you've missed it.

I've noticed that, not sure it will be too significant though.

Posted

Can't we all just get along?

We've come out of the Lewis years stronger than ever before lets not ruin it.

lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Much heavier, visibility drastically reduced

Posted

Has been gorgeous on the Wolds this week after the heavy snow on Monday and none has gone from the trees or hedges. However, the breeze has just picked up in the last half hour and really started to blow things around. Rather than the heavy showers of earler, it's been persistent snow for about an hour now, but nowhere near as heavy as it was. No complaints from here though.

And Adam, if you're really that concerned - move! I was brought up in Cornwall and you have no idea how frustrating that was. Been in Yorkshire over 20 years and have chosen my locations very carefully. Lived in Penistone for 8 years and been here nearly 10 and they are both prime spots for snow, look at the reports.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Brutal heat, 12 inches of snow

What a difference 15 miles makes...! sorry.gif

Yeah seems unusual for Notts to get more snow than Lincs..maybe we'll catch up tonight.

Posted

Getting darker now, street lights will soon be on, then the fun really starts.................

Might decide to find one just outside a pub, nothing better than lamppost watching pint in hand !

Spot on mate

Posted

I'm at LS2 but my parents are at BD11 which is much better for snow.

Much heavier now although flakes are still very small.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Just driven from Cleethorpes to home just outside Louth, and it's light snow, a dusting really. Still, there's a lot of front still to move through so actually pretty pleased, as I wasn't sure it would get this far.

Posted

still moderate snow in barnsley and its drifting off the roofs in that wind!! looks fantastic

Weather forecast between 1.30-2pm today apparently said snow right throughout the night and s yorks could get it bad? did anyone see that forecast?

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL

Still heavy horizontal snow up here although small flakes, the gusty wind keeps blowing it at the window which looks amazing.

The gritters keep passing mad.gif but the busy main road through the village is covered in icy slush with snow settling between the tyre tracks.

We seem to be surfing the wave of luck again with the darker radar patches constantly hitting us.

Posted

And there's me stuck in Amsterdam where it's cold and clear diablo.gifwallbash.gif

Think I'll turn bad.gif Jjump over there and join you drinks.gifdrunk.gif