Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion - January 18th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold blasts, snowy Summer hot sultry thunderstorms

Well my area between scunny and the humber as been upgraded at 1500hrs on the meto site, now showing heavy snow from 2100 through till 006am

cant see how the main band will produce that so im leaning towards the easterly blowing them inland according to my nw extra radar overlay still coming

in from the south east..

Posted

Flippin eck. I really didn't expect this! Consistently moderate snowfall with frequent heavy bursts. It's really starting to pile up. And look at all that East of us. I'm sure it's going get interesting soon! Will head out and brave it for measurements later!

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

I just messaged MetOffice on facebook and asked that question and they said to go with what my regional forecast says as they don't have control over the main bbc forecast?

so Look north has yorkshire under snow all night smile.png so im happy to go with that lol

Ha, i'll join you, sounds good enough to me.

Whats it like in Tarn? Its really picked up here since it got dark.

Posted

earlier in the week this front was forecast to bring blizzard conditions and heavy snow across yorkshire and the east.The fact that the synoptics changed and downgraded the event does not alter the fact that today this front was the main fall of snow for south yorkshire.The easterlys were set to come in sat and they are down grading

That forecast changed at about +72hrs out... ! laugh.png

The forecast made within a reasonable timeframe has verified pretty much as predicted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

Well according to the nae bbc n itv the precip over the Pennines was meant to intensify and produce 10cm plus... Any thoughts cos i can't see that.

Posted

Well my area between scunny and the humber as been upgraded at 1500hrs on the meto site, now showing heavy snow from 2100 through till 006am

cant see how the main band will produce that so im leaning towards the easterly blowing them inland according to my nw extra radar overlay still coming

in from the south east..

The radar shows some heavier snow to the north of Lincoln, which will hopefully reach us soon.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

in from the south east..

Technically the showers have linked to the front so i'm not sure we can call them showers anymore but it does appear to be pepping up.

Heavy snow with small flakes in Leeds, will venture out soon to evaluate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

Amber warning now from the Meto from 9pm to 9am

Posted

Ha, i'll join you, sounds good enough to me.

Whats it like in Tarn? Its really picked up here since it got dark.

Didnt really look like winter in tarn lol but as you come out of town and into the estates its fab! gonna be an interesting night ahead

Posted

Well according to the nae bbc n itv the precip over the Pennines was meant to intensify and produce 10cm plus... Any thoughts cos i can't see that.

We probably won't get that much but over 5cm is entirely possible.

Also its the precipitation to the south which we are getting.

Posted

What is different tonight is how thick the flakes are to say its -1.5c! too cold to snow yeah yeah.....rofl.gif

Posted

Oh what for area's haven't had email alert through yet.

On the METO 5dayer for Penistone, yellow for icy roads and amber for snow, its only just gone on as it wasn't there an hour ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

Amber warning now from the Meto from 9pm to 9am

prob for the coast and north east.cant see us guys needing one lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Can't see us getting 5cm at this rate tbh

Posted

Looks like nothing more than a dusting here. If this is all we end up with by the end of the day, I will be a little dissapointed to say the least. Can't see where anything appreciable os going to come from tonight.

Posted

That forecast changed at about +72hrs out... ! laugh.png

The forecast made within a reasonable timeframe has verified pretty much as predicted.

yes the front producing the snow in our area today?????????

Posted

Oh what for area's haven't had email alert through yet.

Just had a look for Barnsley, and the same amber for snow.

Posted

Looks like nothing more than a dusting here. If this is all we end up with by the end of the day, I will be a little dissapointed to say the least. Can't see where anything appreciable os going to come from tonight.

app heavy snow for us in south yorkshie via an easterly according to one poster lol????