Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion - January 18th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

I can confidently say that the band is pepping up very slowly NW progression. looks like its going NE but the band keeps pepping up the other way!

Posted
  • Location: Settle in the Yorkshire Dales at 145m asl North Ribblesdale
  • Location: Settle in the Yorkshire Dales at 145m asl North Ribblesdale

Very poor day here today with only a few flakes.

Cant complain as we had a nice fall of snow on Monday.

Good luck guys for tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Not much snow here, perhaps a 1-2cm top up. Even though its been snowing constantly for 2 hours now its only light snowfall. Hope there is some heavier stuff expected, although the radar doesn't look very exciting at this moment in time, everything is dissipating as its crossing the country. Although to be fair, didn't expect much anyhow. Wonder if we will see much from the east.

Posted

I agree, the bbc weather can show all they want but at the end of the day the weather will do what it wants and for now it wants to keep snowing in yorkshire!! and for one I am not complaining, yes I would love to see 2 foot of snow but can't see it happening, im happy with what I am getting now, and same tomorrow and more sunday and monday? now thats a bonus :)

Posted

Not sure if im seeing this right but the bottom half of the front doesnt seem to be moving at all, still snowing here too smile.png

how do you see things going for tonight then Zac, do you think we will see anymore snow down here?

Posted

Hi

I am just about to set off from Uppermill near Manchester and make a journey via Grimsby to Skegness - simple question am I mad or would I be better off leaving it until tomorrow morning?

Thanks

Nige

At this time of night I would leave it!! be safe and travel tomorrow

Posted

Steady light snow here in Grimsby which started around 3pm. Currently added about 1-2cm max so far. When is the heavy stuff due to arrive or is this it? I have seen many forecasts since coming home from work and non mentioned heavy snow showers frfom the east, seems strange that seen as the SE has already created many showers. What are other people thoughts on this?

Posted

RIght this will settle PEOPLES MINDS for once lol.

post-1104-0-26819600-1358532795_thumb.pn

Now look at the development!

post-1104-0-30261200-1358532804_thumb.pn

So please be PATIENT people smile.png

This is now relating to the wind going more easterly!

Edited by Craigers

Posted

Hi

I am just about to set off from Uppermill near Manchester and make a journey via Grimsby to Skegness - simple question am I mad or would I be better off leaving it until tomorrow morning?

Thanks

Nige

Roads seemed fine mate when I came home form work around Grimsby. I can't tell you what the Wolds roads are like but there are no issues around here at the moment

Posted

how do you see things going for tonight then Zac, do you think we will see anymore snow down here?

Im hoping that we get more, theres still a fair bit to move up over us yet so could get a bit more either way smile.png

Edit: and just after i typed this i looked outside and its chucking it down again!

Edited by Zak 92

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL

Noooooo it isn't sorry. The way the computer generated forecasts work is that if one part of the county has a warning then the computer takes it as been the whole county.

So you're saying that a 5day forecast for Penistone shows a warning for the E Yorks coast, if we're under a yellow warning then why put an amber next to it, surely the yellow would be in place. Theres both amber and yellow warnings for Yorkshire.So is the Heavy snow on the localized 5 dayer only for the Eyorks coast also but they just added that to Penistone?

On the main regional map it shows my area on the edge of the amber/yellow area, the second amber area is the E Yorks coast all the rest is yellow clearly marked with the yellow warning symbol. The overall Yorkshire and Humber warning has the Amber warning symbol as thats the highest but on the local Penistone why would they put amber if it was clearly in the yellow zone.

It really should be an amber warning for up here as its been heavy for hours now and conditions are serious, the main road through the village is covered with gritters constantly passing but cant clear it, the snow is horizontal from the wind and the METO have heavy snow forecast for 9pm even though its been heavy since this afternoon.

Posted

Im hoping that we get more, theres still a fair bit to move up over us yet so could get a bit more either way smile.png

thanks mate, dont mind if i get to the pub and cant get home, lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

Genious !! watch the radar and is plain as , well...snow lol

Posted

Very heavy shower started again.

Aye mate, Heavy stuff heading in now again. Second streamer. Think it will head West quicker than the first though.

What a day ey! Must have another 3 inches on top of what was still around from Monday. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Chucking it down now, gritted road getting covered rapidly and cars going slow

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

That was the easiest snow clearing I ever had. Couldn't even build a decent pile of snow. Check that it didn't even make a pile of snow. Snow depth 6cm now so another 2cm added today so the depth forecast was right. The snow is very dry so it soon compacts down. People getting up the road okay despite not getting a decent speed up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

can't believe it took pictures to show this - just watch the slightly different directions each one was going in earlier and follow them to how they're starting to go now....tease.gif

Posted

Aye mate, Heavy stuff heading in now again. Second streamer. Think it will head West quicker than the first though.

What a day ey! Must have another 3 inches on top of what was still around from Monday. smile.png

Could be a cracking evening. Fingers crossed. Just updated to Netweather radar too biggrin.png

Posted

The radar is looking much better that is for sure.Only light snow here which looks like continuing for a few hours yet, which is still good enough for me and settling easily.I would have taken that this morning no doubt about it.