Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion - January 18th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Evening forecast light snow continuing throughout the night 2cm to 5cm expected. heavier snow to the north east of the region.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Finally we start seeing some better snow, coming down heavier now. how much are we likely to get overnight in north lincolnshire? rolleyes.gif

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

I'm losing track of whats happening. I'm in Rawmarsh Rotherham. Does the stuff coming from the East have a chance of reaching ?

Well the winds going to change to an Easterly around 3am according to the METO so it looks promising.

Posted

Finally some much bigger, heavier flakes here now. Matt Hugo seems to suggest the snow on Sunday night is more likely to fall as rain or sleet if below 150metres which to me doesn't sounds too good. GFS precipitation charts also support this. What are other peoples opinion s on this? Thanks GSL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Going out for a walk in it. Interestingly the temps are on the rise here after hitting a low of -2.7C at six.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

Thick and heavy here.

what about the snow though? diablo.gifblum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

It's chucking it down here now too - about a cm of new snow and no sign of it stopping.

Posted

Just had a flash of lightning here, first time Ive seen thundersnow since Dec 2010!

Posted

Well the winds going to change to an Easterly around 3am according to the METO so it looks promising.

Cheers, been light for he past few hours but its still coming down.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

light snow giving a light covering now, wont be happy unless i get atleast 5cm though blum.gif

Thats exactly what my ex said to me the night she kicked me out unknw.gif

Posted

still decent snow falling the heaviest in a while here in Leeds. Been through the GEFS ens (that I grant you can switch like a light), and only 2 have no heavy PPN across our entire region Sunday into Monday. A fair few have it as rain, though I doubt that would happen. Lots more potential than not I would say. (all the better as the snow continues to fall).

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/home/maps?bg=0

The showers and front have now merged all the way upto Newcastle so it will be interesting to see how far west the pepped up precipitation goes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

Stopping here north leeds!

Posted

still decent snow falling the heaviest in a while here in Leeds. Been through the GEFS ens (that I grant you can switch like a light), and only 2 have no heavy PPN across our entire region Sunday into Monday. A fair few have it as rain, though I doubt that would happen. Lots more potential than not I would say. (all the better as the snow continues to fall).

The operational run has 12 hours of snowfall, unfortunately my faith in it has gone given that it is forecasting cloud for now whilst we see heavy snow.

Stopping here north leeds!

It's probably a lighter patch, radar shows no gap.

Posted

The operational run has 12 hours of snowfall, unfortunately my faith in it has gone given that it is forecasting cloud for now whilst we see heavy snow.

It's probably a lighter patch, radar shows no gap.

Hope your right :) yeeeeeee

Posted

http://www.meteorada.../home/maps?bg=0

The showers and front have now merged all the way upto Newcastle so it will be interesting to see how far west the pepped up precipitation goes.

Is it not moving NNW though rather than W or even WNW ? Hope not? decent last hour here in Fenton

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

19:09 Thundersnow in Beverley!!!!!!rofl.gif

Posted

Travel update..

Anybody travelling buy bus should prepare for the worst, whilst all Arriva services are currently running they are no longer serving the small villages (facebook updates)

Must be getting pretty bad outside urban Leeds now, Hardstead Moor, Winybank, Chickenly and Norristhorpe are no longer being serviced.

Is it not moving NNW though rather than W or even WNW ? Hope not? decent last hour here in Fenton

Winds will turn increasingly to the east through the night as the front completes its pivot though its more a transfer of energy since the showers are pretty much absorbed.

Looks to me like the eastern block is now becoming the dominant part of the front as well.

Posted

it is lighter here in Leeds now but still going and very persistent, all the while slowly adding to coverings. (pretty much everywhere except for the skid/tyre tracks on my road).

Also, Summer Blizzard, the UKMO would snow most of us in (as would many others), so the GFS is by no means isolated.

Posted

Off to Morrisons so should be exciting.

Posted

Summer blizzard is north leeds missing the snow because its gone very very light :( can't open up any other page on my phone !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms. Big ones.

We've had about 5cm here north of Skipton on the tops, shows no sign of stopping. Still very thin snow though, no large flakes. Temp is around -4 so it's not going anywhere.

Does anyone know if we're likely to see anything heavy tonight? We're pretty far west I know.