Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion - January 18th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

it is lighter here in Leeds now but still going and very persistent, all the while slowly adding to coverings. (pretty much everywhere except for the skid/tyre tracks on my road).

Also, Summer Blizzard, the UKMO would snow most of us in (as would many others), so the GFS is by no means isolated.

Perhaps but given its success today i shall be going with the NAE whether the Met Office or GFS go against it or not.

Quite bad on the roads in Morley now even on the treated roads

Good, my parents live in Birkenshaw (4 miles away - other side of Birstall) at what i think is a similar height.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

Moderate snow appeared out of nowhere here!!! good.gif

Posted

Made up for all who are getting decent snow, cant help think more suprises in store for most esp when winds veer more.To be honest its rare these situations are forecasted correctly without suprises. For the record me been furthest west have had light n occ mod snow with about 4 cm laying,but think i can go a couple more cm.Good luck all, laters

Posted

Has snowed pretty-much continually since 4 - but light and small flakes. Some accumulation. Any chance of it pepping up a bit this far West (Skipton)? To think, a couple of days ago we were the bit of the region likely to get a pasting...

Posted

much heavier now, still small flakes but even the car that pulled up less than 20minutes ago has a dusting

Posted

It's absolutely throwing it down here. Will update later on totals, but about an hour ago we'd had 7cm today. Road looking very poor and no traffic coming through the village, so it may be closed now. Not a good omen for getting to Hillsborough tomorrow. mad.gif

Posted

Things pepping up seriously around the Humber region within the last hour and moving inland, Hull & E.Riding areas currently getting some good snowfall, expect this to move initially westwards then Southwestwards later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

still light snow here, although i would think it will stop soon, moon becoming visable through the cloud now

Been like this for a couple of hours here but Snow as kept on falling. good.gif

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL

Travel update..

Anybody travelling buy bus should prepare for the worst, whilst all Arriva services are currently running they are no longer serving the small villages (facebook updates)

Must be getting pretty bad outside urban Leeds now, Hardstead Moor, Winybank, Chickenly and Norristhorpe are no longer being serviced.

Bless em, poor Winy Bank and Norris Thorpe no longer being serviced, they should get on Plenty of Fish, works for me good.gif

When public transport stops you know conditions are bad. We had hit a slow down here but its come back with a vengeance.

Posted
  • Location: Settle in the Yorkshire Dales at 145m asl North Ribblesdale
  • Location: Settle in the Yorkshire Dales at 145m asl North Ribblesdale

Western side of Yorkshire definitely improving now.

Posted

Looking at that radar and its is definitely pivotting now (the snow / showers / front) . Somewhere is going to get asbsolutely blitzed from this especially if it starts running due West. Not fancying the idea of even getting to Ilkley easily tomorrow night at this rate so mixed feelings a little. That said I'll worry about that tomorrow.

Edited by Fentonsnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers

Some much heavier snow just to the east of here on the radar... rather light / moderate snow at the moment. Hard to tell where the heavier band of snow is heading.

Anyone reckon it will start edging SW?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

just looking at the satellite observation on met office website and noticed some very bright cloud heading from Holland to our east coast. I`ll post the link,

flick between 5pm and 7pm ... im just wondering if something is afoot thats all .

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/satpics/latest_uk_ir.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Still throwing it down here at the mo although (sadly) there has been no more thunder.

Not sure but I guess 4cm would be about right so far today and looks like more to come. Still about 7cm on the ground from last weekend so a large top-up tonight and more to come over the next few days......

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Been out for a walk about. For those who know SW Sheffield Derbyshire Lane up to Graves Park back down checked Scarsdale. Nothing much to report light snow 1% of drivers having problems others moving freely. No ice on the roads but slush with snow in the centre so as long as you don't do anything silly you'll be fine. Bus service running as well. Temperatures rising as well which will help the grit deal with the slush. Most notable was the lack of kids at Scarsdale Road waiting for stuck vehicles you normally get a small gathering there.

Posted

Just been out and measured

45mm / 4.5cm or just under 2"

Been snowing since about 3pm, never got heavy or big flakes just constant

Temp gone from -0.9 to -0.7oC in the last hour

Edited by fazzafarrand

Posted

Just been out and measured

45mm / 4.5cm or just under 2"

Been snowing since about 3pm, never got heavy or big flakes just constant

Temp gone from -0.9 to -0.7oC in the last hour

Same here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Damned snow, lost my signal to the satellite dish and missing all

m'soaps on TV tonight !

B.

Posted

The temp and dew points are very slowly on the rise here, but nothing to be concerned about yet and the light snow continues.