Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion - January 18th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Well looks like thats it for tonight. Great day but temp rising and not looking good for next few days. Perils of been next to the sea with an easterly.

Posted

metoffice now saying heavy snow from midnight to 10am for barnsley

Where from? Look at met office radar. Front almost gone from round here now.. And I can't see owt coming from the east brewing either.

Posted

metoffice now saying heavy snow from midnight to 10am for barnsley

They must be expecting some snow showers to blow in land as I cant see anything that significant on the radar or on the NAE.

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

Well In shadwell this evening has been fantastic!! Snow for 6hours light to moderate. Decent covering. Most grass covered too. Lovely. Really hoping Sunday night is something special. Fantastic evening.

shok.gifshok.gifshok.gif Adam, is that you? Wheres the real Adam gone?search.gifsearch.gifsearch.gif

Only messing mate, glad you had good day in the end.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

Meto downgrade, the easterly is now 6am according to them

hahaha.all that flack for nothing then eh?

Posted

where is the local bird table tonight??? Always shows a true depth!!!!

Here ya go! rofl.gif

post-10637-0-14889500-1358545930_thumb.j

Coming down fairly heavy again now too.

Did hear a bit of dripping when i nipped out though with Dew point now 0.4C.

Be gutted if it starts thawing now!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

shok.gifshok.gifshok.gif Adam, is that you? Wheres the real Adam gone?search.gifsearch.gifsearch.gif

Only messing mate, glad you had good day in the end.

Yesss your a legend!

Posted

Well In shadwell this evening has been fantastic!! Snow for 6hours light to moderate. Decent covering. Most grass covered too. Lovely. Really hoping Sunday night is something special. Fantastic evening.

onions me x

Posted

The real beautiful thing about this snow is that you can see the crystals glistening reflecting the street lights on the ground and even some doing this as they fall past the street light.

Driving through it tonight I was convinced it was rain for a while. It reflected and glistened just like fine rain. It was magical. A few cm here in Pudsey. Nothing spectacular but everything looks so pretty when in snows, however much. More to come?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

hahaha.all that flack for nothing then eh?

Its looking that way mate, they do say revenge is sweet though.

The heavy snow for here was downgraded with the easterly too, says it all really.

Posted

Well its still snowing now and has been for a few hours but I know what you mean!

Look at the latest GFS run as an example;

airpressure.png

airpressure.png

airpressure.png

If the Easterly which kicks in during the early hours remains unstable enough heavy snow showers should move into South Yorks as per the METO forecast;

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/yh/barnsley_forecast_weather.html

Fingers crossed!

The flow is not easterly in orientation.not only is it not strong enough the 850s woudnt create enough convection to get inland to sheffield.The chart you have posted just sends showers to the east coast-filey to newcastle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow!! lots of it

I'm in Strensall and its snowing nice and moderate. More like 2 inches here and I'm just 6 miles north of York !

Looks good for a while yet.

Cracking spell of cold.

Y.S

Oh my, I'm South Bank, I went outside to check it's closer to 2 cm now on the railings outside my door.

Posted

Driving through it tonight I was convinced it was rain for a while. It reflected and glistened just like fine rain. It was magical. A few cm here in Pudsey. Nothing spectacular but everything looks so pretty when in snows, however much. More to come?

That glistening is the chemicals the MOD use in the cloud seeding.

WOOPS, the closet conspiracy theorist coming out in me. If any men in black come asking, you aint seen me ph34r.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

Not snowing in scunny but METO have gone back to heavy snow 3am-9am !!!!!

Posted

Its looking that way mate, they do say revenge is sweet though.

The heavy snow for here was downgraded with the easterly too, says it all really.

The south east wind hasnt been allowed to move to an easterly,look at the synoptic charts posted.also theres a small ridge pushing in which would restrict the east to west flow.Phew,all that said watch out for sunday to monday with the front from the south east.It will be downgraded but the flow and dew points,temps point to a great day in yorkshire and the east coast.

Posted

Latest GFS run = 10cms for most through Sunday night and Monday morning. Showers on Tuesday also giving another 2-4cms. Could be an excellent few days.

I'm developing a nagging feeling that this could skirt away to the East and become more of a coastal affair (Sunday, that is) - but perhaps that is because we have seen comparatively little snow today. (West Yorkshire, that is).

Edited by ITSY

Posted

Not snowing in scunny but METO have gone back to heavy snow 3am-9am !!!!!

Heavy snow downgrade for here, midnight easterly has gone, heavy snow at 6am and 9am, east-south-easterly until 6am and then an easterlybomb.gif

Posted

The snow is turning lighter here now. The current depth is 10cm on the grass and 6-7cm on the pavements and roads, so very similar to what we had on Monday.

The temp is 0.7C with a dewpoint of 0.2C so milder than of late but still good for now.

Posted

Also if you have not seen the ecm its a huge upgrade.snow fest but as always like today slightly selective in its nature ete ete.uto

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

The flow is not easterly in orientation.not only is it not strong enough the 850s woudnt create enough convection to get inland to sheffield.The chart you have posted just sends showers to the east coast-filey to newcastle

We shall see. I do agree that later on Sunday looks better for us though at the moment.

Posted

The south east wind hasnt been allowed to move to an easterly,look at the synoptic charts posted.also theres a small ridge pushing in which would restrict the east to west flow.Phew,all that said watch out for sunday to monday with the front from the south east.It will be downgraded but the flow and dew points,temps point to a great day in yorkshire and the east coast.

Cheers for the heads up SWFC good.gif i'll keep an eye on it, sounds like it could be fun if it goes to plan.

Posted

Latest GFS run = 10cms for most through Sunday night and Monday morning. Showers on Tuesday also giving another 2-4cms. Could be an excellent few days.

I'm developing a nagging feeling that this could skirt away to the East and become more of a coastal affair (Sunday, that is) - but perhaps that is because we have seen comparatively little snow today. (West Yorkshire, that is).

It will try to orientate towards the warmth of the north sea but the flow should push it inland in theory?