Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion 18/01/13 14z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Radar job tomorrow. I think (light) snow will develop ahead of the main PPN band which may not be that organised anyway.

I will be working til 4 so it wont be a radar job it will be a look out of the window job lol

Posted

Yellow warning of snow extended into just the North Midlands for tomorrow.

Posted

very strange how it just an extended finger... cant think why or how they could possibly predict this? you have any idea?

Streamer off the north sea ahead of the main stuff? Has been known to give you good amounts of snow in the past.

Posted

on all animations ive looked at it seems to be part of the main band though

Can't think why then...must be some reason why they think it'll be more intense over you. It does seem strange doesn't it? Will be interesting...also liking the fact that the warning areas are still being re-drawn this close to the event!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Streamer off the north sea ahead of the main stuff? Has been known to give you good amounts of snow in the past.

That warning has gone straight over the coventry area which has confused me more so why would they forecast heavy snow her tommrrow and not place us in the warning

Posted

Indeed, like I said, maybe they haven't quite finalised the warning area yet and are just doing some final tweaks? This has the hallmarks of a surprise for someone...but who?

Posted

Can't think why then...must be some reason why they think it'll be more intense over you. It does seem strange doesn't it? Will be interesting...also liking the fact that the warning areas are still being re-drawn this close to the event!

just shows the nature of these events, i guess it could be a streamer being enchanced by the low moving northwards however it seems to show it coming from a SE direction, maybe they have just shown it incase we get a fair bit of snow they can say they forecast it? maybe if the block proves to be stronger the whole reigon could join in

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Yellow warning of snow extended into just the North Midlands for tomorrow.

Yes South Cheshire included too :D 2-5cm :D Will do me nicely if it comes off!

Posted

Well tomorrow will tell. This end of the region still not in a brilliant place but I expect a bit of light snow at least.

Just noticed that the cloud is breaking and the skies are starting to clear. Wonder what that will do to temperatures near dawn?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

hi guys. Snow melted quite alot here during the day. What r our chances for sno sunday, monday and tuesday? Thanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

Could be interesting later on I hope.

Could be. Warnings not to far away. Also after Friday with the snow moving more east than forecast so you never know. Will be a intresting day radar watching tomorrow

Posted

Radar not looking promising for us. It seems to be staying very much to the east and there are no showers ahead of it. Good day coming up for eastern counties and the low countries though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Met Office forecast site showing Heavy Snow for me for 3pm today!

They may be rubbish at long term forecasting (who isnt?), but they got he timings and intensity of Friday's snow spot on here, so fingers crossed for later. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Yep its definately further west at the moment met office got me down for light snow all day think there could be some suprises here