Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 20/01/13 10z------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Strong snow signal Bodmin circa 09z tomorrow. Also Dartmoor. Some fleeting wintry showers (in otherwise wetter story) perhaps even to Land's End at times but no accumulations signalled by NAE or UKV. So, Bodmin worth a punt but accumulations are much more strongly signalled over Dartmoor.

Thanks Ian!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Consistent story in new NAE for Mon-Tues albeit with continued uncertainty on ppn details. UKV suggests 2-5cm Wiltshire (especially S-central) can't be discounted later tomorrow. Meanwhile the occlusion into Tues also generating meaningful-looking snow signal, albeit still with 400m WBFL circa Bristol south and awkward forecast mix on snow distribution. By later afternoon, signal for more widespread snow N Som, Bristol, M4, Glos etc with southern extension possibly delimited by evaporative cooling within 4-500m WBFL zone as heavier rates materialise. Such distributional & timing nuances untrusted at this range however (obviously!).

In other words no snow south and west of taunton. Nevermind these things happen sorry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Can't believe how stressed Waiting for snow reports from our mates in Cornwall,,,,,,,,,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

The precip. Coming into Cornwall isn't forecast to come as far as Somerset tho is it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Both

I LIKE,top question eded

now back to Cronwall!

Posted

-1.9 now in truro. Newquay weather station showing -1.9, wet bulb -2.6 and dew point -4.1 with humidity 85percent.

Very good!! Thats nice conditions....

Posted

As Ian says- judging by the ppn totals on the latest NAE there could be a lot of ppn around Wiltshire, Soms, Glous, Bristol from Tuesday 6am...

Just need the temps to hang in there!!!

Edited by Paul T

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Best of luck

Cornwall! Night everyone

Posted

I think that I am more nervous about cornwall getting snow than I was on friday!! This HAS to happen!!

Posted

Thanks Ian!!

More showery snow signal on Tuesday for Dartmoor but with entire SW Peninsula under 4-500 WBFL away from about Mendips N'ward, the most consistent snow story in Devon switches north to Exmoor.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Just moved back to Cornwall after 10 years in the North East, been regretting it a bit these last few days smile.png A little snow tonight would make me feel better!

Definately below freezing tonight and that precipitation seems to be coming our way!

Tee hee! I'm in sure in summer you must feel you made the right choicegood.gif

Posted

I think that I am more nervous about cornwall getting snow than I was on friday!! This HAS to happen!!

I am very excited for them, however, can't quite go as far as that, without fibbing that is!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Ian,

Too early to start talking about accumulative impacts re Tuesday, if any?

Posted

In other words no snow south and west of taunton. Nevermind these things happen sorry.gif

Hmmmm... <------ look at my location!

Edited by dec10snow

Posted

More showery snow signal on Tuesday for Dartmoor but with entire SW Peninsula under 4-500 WBFL away from about Mendips N'ward, the most consistent snow story in Devon switches north to Exmoor.

Definitely, saw some fantastic pictures from Exmoor. Thanks for the info Ian, very much appreciated as ever.

Posted

I cannot believe how kind you ALL ate on here it must be the most happy regional thread on here it is a joy to come on here, we don't have lamp posts!!!

The only chips worth having are the ones with Cod. Shoulders have almost no meat on them.

Posted

I cannot believe how kind you ALL ate on here it must be the most happy regional thread on here it is a joy to come on here, we don't have lamp posts!!!

Shine a torch out the window. I am getting nervous now. LOL.

Posted

Netweather extra radar has the precipitation type as snow over West Penwith, just ahead of the main band. I'm taking that as a good sign :) Anyone watching out the window in St Buryan tonight?

Posted

I love how strong the wish for snow is from others for Cornwall. This is my first Cornish winter only going back home to the Midlands in the holidays. I dont think ill ever complain about snow chances there anymore when I compare to here! I can tell tonight and this week will probably deliver the only chance of the winter!

I've lived in Cornwall all my life Blizzards over 40 years now and it's the same every bloody year, even when Devon is 6 feet deep in the stuff we generally miss out. The odd freakish event like the Prembrokeshire Dangler on Nov 25 2005 seems to be all we get.

Anyway on the Radar, snowing in Mousehole, any 2nd home owner like to confirm ;)