Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 20/01/13 10z------------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Well today was the 1st day of at least 3 or 4 that the temp rose above 0. I left the house at 1.30 and temp was 0.8c.

Hoping that next weekends progged low doesn't make inroads and we end up with more snow. I'm not sure that will happen but I am hoping gfs has everything too far east at the mo.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Been out sledging..

post-182-0-43330400-1358702226_thumb.jpgpost-182-0-00924200-1358702313_thumb.jpg

Robinswood hill? No.....Painswick Beacon

Edited by chris55

Posted

For the Cornish people on here I think we are still within a chance of seeing a flake or 2 tonight bearing in mind late last night there was an hour of light snow in st ives, a handy little weather station to keep an eye on is Perranporth currently 0.2 and dewpoint of -2.7 easily found on google under Perranporth Weather Station its based at the private airfield so its quite reliable.

Posted

Two days out sledging! Brilliant fun!

We had a further 2cm (? ish) today. Snowed lightly all day and still snowing now, albeit very fine snow.

I am hoping that the school will be closed tomorrow, but our school staff are determined b*ggars and rarely admit defeat so I am praying for a miracle really. It would be awesome to go for the sledging hat trick :D

Temp got as warm as 0.3c today. We are back into minus figures now (-0.2c) so that's good :D

Posted

Net Weather gone from 80% chance of snow tomorrow right down to 0%. sad.png

but where are you can you pop your location in your avetergood.gif

Posted

Net Weather gone from 80% chance of snow tomorrow right down to 0%. sad.png

Whereabouts are you, George?

Posted

Went down Brighton tody snow chasing, had a good inch here snowed for the last 5 hours. What I couldn't believe was that between Havant and Chichester there was loads of lying snow still from Friday. It was obviously quite a sweet spot

Posted

For the Cornish people on here I think we are still within a chance of seeing a flake or 2 tonight bearing in mind late last night there was an hour of light snow in st ives, a handy little weather station to keep an eye on is Perranporth currently 0.2 and dewpoint of -2.7 easily found on google under Perranporth Weather Station its based at the private airfield so its quite reliable.

froward point Dartmouth is another http://www.nci-frowardpoint.org.uk/weather.htm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Anyone else worrying that temps for snowfall on Tuesday might be marginal compared to Fidays snowfall?

As per Ian's post a couple of pages back, it looks like being more marginal compared to Friday due to "mild cores" increasing the WBFL in areas.

However, the further north you are, the safer you should be. Plus, details in these sort of situations will chop and change a lot right up to T+0.

Posted

Anyone else worrying that temps for snowfall on Tuesday might be marginal compared to Fidays snowfall?

Nah I would think you'll be OK, further south it does become questionable look at the DP's on various charts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Robinswood hill? No.....Painswick Beacon

Painswick yeah.

Posted

i'm in the city though. This is the coldest I've ever recorded.

keep on recording as i think tonight will be the coldest for a long time temps dropping like a stone here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunder

Whereabouts are you, George?

And you live where?

Im in Newton Abbot, Devon. Met Office still showing a chance. Fingers crossed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

keep on recording as i think tonight will be the coldest for a long time temps dropping like a stone here

I take you have clear sky above, would be nice if we could get a few breaks tonight with snowcover to really bring temps down as long as it clouds again tomorrow to stop the sun thawing any lying snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Not sure, but the one thing that is certain at t+168 hours, is that it will be Sunday 27th January and the day before will be Saturday 26th January. lazy.gif

Sorry alex, if fergieweather says it is an outside chance at this range, then that's good enough for me.

I don't unofrtunately own a crystal ball. drinks.gif

It's hard to make predictions- especially about the futureacute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Bit of nowcasting... It did feel cold outside, and I was right.... Its -5.8c here cold.gif

Holy onions

Posted

The weather today as forecast really.

The sun tried to make an appearance mid afternoon, so cloud cover must be thin, temperatures should plummet now.

Maybe finally the ground will finally freeze as grass and soil still really soft under the snow, hence the thaw.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

-0.5C here. Went to Headon warren again today, the 18 inch snow drifts and 4 inch level snow was still there unmelted, at 120m ASL it was still below freezing. The West High Down next to the Needles was still covered. Very crisp dry air I noticed up there.

It is a dry frost for now, not showing on the cars yet, beside the 75% snow cover here.