Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 20th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

What a day...and it's still going!! Had 4 inches plus here, stopped for half an hour at 10.30 but just started up again and with the largest flakes of the day! Fairly heavy too. Amazing scenes!

Yes, a very surprising turn of events!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Yawn, going to bed now after what has to be one of the best snowy weekends for years, good night all :-) lol its still lightly snowing.

Posted

Yes, a very surprising turn of events!

Very interesting!! chucking it down still! I've been struggling to get the usual radars to update past 22.15 just found this one updating, is that a streamer setting up?

http://www.meteox.co.uk/gmapstatic.aspx?zoom=7&type=zoom&x=215&y=230

Edited by Nimbusman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Really hot or really cold

Here too....... despite being under a completely clear patch on the radar smile.png

Odd isnt it:/ but Im not complaining :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Very interesting!! chucking it down still! I've been struggling to get the usual radars to update past 22.15 just found this one updating, is that a streamer setting up?

http://www.meteox.co.uk/h.aspx?r=&r&jaar=-3&soort=satradar

Yes, most of the UK based radars seemed to have stopped!

Reckon you could be right, we don't usually benefit from streamers here, but after today anything could happen!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

http://www.meteox.co...oom&x=215&y=230

That does look like that way, don't know how heavy it will be or how long it will last, winds are suppose to swing offshore later on in the night but could provide a few more hours of snow for many in the East

Posted
  • Location: Calgary, Canada. Previously, Saffron Walden (Essex/Herts border), United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: Continental:Warm dry summers, cold snowy winters
  • Location: Calgary, Canada. Previously, Saffron Walden (Essex/Herts border), United Kingdom

Odd isnt it:/ but Im not complaining smile.png

Wow so we're all in the same boat then? big flakes just started falling and under clear patch on radar. weird :S

Posted

It is odd, and I've just noticed that the radar isn't updating past 22:15....... long may it continue though, my son is desperate for a snow day tomorrow smile.png

Yes I noticed that with the radars to - my son is very Happy as his school sent us a text earlier to say they are closing- I think they all should so the kids can be kids and have some fun...but not all agree with that :/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or stormy...colder the better

still snowing in dereham...netweather radar seems to not want to update ???

Posted

Wow so we're all in the same boat then? big flakes just started falling and under clear patch on radar. weird :S

Snow out of nowhere - biggest flakes all day here to very bizarre.

Posted

Yes it does look like some kind of streamer, thought it was all over, moon and clear skies and then that last lump seemed to just turn Westwards and it does seem to be building at the rear.

Posted

Just about to pop to bed as I thought it was all over and then I spotted something on the radar just before it packed up again. Can anyone confirm snow in E essex, Suffolk because just on the frame I was able to view it seemed as though a whole new area of snow had developed?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow and photographically interesting weather

What's up with the radar, Europe view is showing a big area over East Anglia which is no there on uk view?

Posted

TEITS. Yes Braintree reporting snow. Halstead also. Just spoke to friends in both.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental:Warm dry summers, cold snowy winters

Snow seems to have made it's way over to west essex too. this could be a nice little bonus :)

Posted

Just about to pop to bed as I thought it was all over and then I spotted something on the radar just before it packed up again. Can anyone confirm snow in E essex, Suffolk because just on the frame I was able to view it seemed as though a whole new area of snow had developed?

def something new developed...another few hours of snow possibly http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/

Posted

is this the north sea snow machine producing the goods??

Posted

is this the north sea snow machine producing the goods??

Quiet odd really because based on the models the snow should be clearing Essex, Suffolk not developing!!