Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 20th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Snow is pretty heavy here in Felixstowe.

Started off very fine a couple of hours ago and looked to be trying to turn to sleet :-(

In the last hour it has really pepped up (still mostly fine flakes) and given 1cm of cover on cars which had been cleared and probably a bit more on the existing snow cover!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

If it keeps snowing like this for too long I'm not going to get my van out of my road in the morning, so I'm off to park it a mile away on a road that should be gritted.

Sounds like a good move. Looks like a couple of hours heavy snow for Lowestoft going by the radar!

Posted

If it keeps snowing like this for too long I'm not going to get my van out of my road in the morning, so I'm off to park it a mile away on a road that should be gritted.

Yes , i wasnt expecting this tonight. Nice little brucie bonus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

-4.1C here, expecting it to get down to -8C by sun rise.

In just 10 minutes it has gone down to -5.4 :o

Edited by PerfectStorm

Posted

cloud just started to break up, first time ive seen stars for a while. Temperatures dropping like a stone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Only just realised it's snowing again here, it was raining when I was heading home from bowling an hour or so ago

Posted

Latest NAE is showing some more snow for the west of the region early wednesday, be interesting to see if that pans out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

-7.0 here now cold.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summers, Snowy Winters

What a nice surprise here in Lowestoft. Out of nowhere there is fairly heavy snow falling with no immediate signs of letting up, temp has gone from +1.5 to +0.3 within quite a short space of time. We have missed out in so many of the previous cold spells yet it finally looks like its our turn! We have done very well indeed over the weekend and I honestly thought yesterday's dumping was the last of it. So happy to see that we may have a few more surprises in store,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

It's going to be gorgeous tomorrow with the sunshine glittering on the snow… I'm going to get up early with the camera. Not so shabby tonight either in the moonlight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

What a nice surprise here in Lowestoft. Out of nowhere there is fairly heavy snow falling with no immediate signs of letting up, temp has gone from +1.5 to +0.3 within quite a short space of time. We have missed out in so many of the previous cold spells yet it finally looks like its our turn! We have done very well indeed over the weekend and I honestly thought yesterday's dumping was the last of it. So happy to see that we may have a few more surprises in store,

Yes, there is a rather large blob moving around over there. It's just skimmed by us in Ippy. Lucky you..Enjoy. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Freeeeeeeeezing.

Have to laugh at BBC Breakfast. Off they went to Dartmoor talking about "the heavy snow" they've had… it's quite obvious that there's only a quarter of the amount that EA's had and EA is a lot nearer than Devon. They showed some cows in field and you could see areas of grass! And then they had to get in the buzz word "extreme weather"…

Posted

Good morning. Cold here, but temp only -2.0c according to my weather thingy. Why no -8.c here, or am I broken?

Back to work today and kiddies back to school. It's nice to get back to some semblance of normality actually. :)

Have a good day everyone, and safe journeys to those that are travelling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter

Down to -9.9 last night, according to Essex Weather. Any snow around these parts today?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Unless we get very lucky later today, the next snow we see might be stuff that turns quickly to rain.....if it starts as snow at all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

I have got to asked how accurate is the NW 7 days forecast as mine is not only showing a little snow possible today and tomorrow but has us down for potentially another 10 cm of snow Friday night into Saturday. It mentions both moderate and heavy snow. I only ask as I am getting the impression from what I have heard that the bulk of any snow threat has now gone.

It does show temps rising back up during the day Saturday which does seem to coincide with what I have heard.