Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion 20/01/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Drifting Snow, Torrential Rain, Scorching Sun.

Richbiss...

not quite true:

Headline:

Snow returning from the south.

This Evening and Tonight:

Cloudy but largely dry at first. Through the evening and overnight, outbreaks of snow will extend north across much of the region, with some further accumulations likely, particularly in the south. Widespread ice will be an additional hazard tonight. Minimum temperature -3 °C.

Wednesday:

Cloudy with outbreaks of mainly light snow in many areas, bringing the possibility of some further slight accumulations. Temperatures will struggle to rise above freezing once again. Maximum temperature 0 °C.

Updated: 1631 on Tue 22 Jan 2013

Posted

See I'm not so sure... although I'd say it's looking far better than it did. Having said that, the way last Sunday's event bursted into life during the morning makes me think anything seems possible at the moment. We do need to see something occuring further north and east than it currently is..and I'm not saying it won't. Very frustrated Londoners at the moment I reckon who are even closer to it than us and can't get that northern movement they need.

I hope you're right though. Going to be interesting. Keep watching that radar!

yeah tbh i dont think any of us can tell what will happen after sunday, maybe the intensification will continue as it slides up against the block which will provide the moisture we need to get the northern flank going. Shame we havent got more experienced members, after some leaving we just all have to chip in now!

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl

Didnt expect anything tonight but since last night, there has been alot of change snow wise!!!

What a wicked cold snap so far.........

Posted

yeah tbh i dont think any of us can tell what will happen after sunday, maybe the intensification will continue as it slides up against the block which will provide the moisture we need to get the northern flank going. Shame we havent got more experienced members, after some leaving we just all have to chip in now!

I know...Blizzards was always very good at reading these kinds of events...instead he's decided to go to live in one of the most beautiful parts of the country. How very selfish of him!

Posted

Stratford and Malvern should be ones leading the way for snowfall in the West Midlands tonight! It's like we're getting a turn each!

Aye, just sleet for Evesham rofl.gif

Hopefully tonight will prove a little better than Sunday's fiasco :)

Posted

I know...Blizzards was always very good at reading these kinds of events...instead he's decided to go to live in one of the most beautiful parts of the country. How very selfish of him!

yep aj was very good with storms too! spose we will all get more experience

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

bbc still not having this, only gives my grey and white cloud, GFS gives me a few hours mainly light snow

Posted

We still have Andy/Essan...if we don't lose him under feet of snow tonight!

Edited by Gord

Posted

Good news! Get on raintoday and watch near Northampton and near North London. That bodes well!

Posted

Why does that bode well?

It's starting to spread further north than it was, which means it COULD bring us within range if it still pivots and moves as it is.

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow - or HOT

I love the snow, but actually I'm hoping we don't get too much more, I've spent nearly 5 hours on buses getting to and from work in Birmingham today and I am so cold I don't think I'll ever warm up!!

Posted

also look east of it think more may be bubbling up....?

Indeed, should be noted that what we're noticing is very light at the moment though.

Posted

I'm adopting the attitude that, like Sunday, even a few extra snowflakes will be considered a major bonus.

Very little has thawed here the past couple of days so any overnight snow, no matter how light, will simply be a welcome top-up :)

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

really want this snow, but enthusiasm died off a little, because of thaw arriving through saturday, major thaw Sat night

snow miles more exciting when no mild air on the way,

having said that, do like the GFS 12Z, chance of snow tomorrow, and friday, and a dry sunday, 3 very rare things

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

the problem with the mdt is that when people like steave m eye in the sky and some of the others try to discuss current outputs and give their views they r shot down with flames because they don't agree with lot of the hope casters, it also seems that if any1 give their views towards some of the forecasters they r slotered. Anyway how is it looking tonight folks? R we stil on.

Posted

Accoridng to the radar precipitation has reached Evesham, but so far nothing falling. I think tonight will be a little different to Sunday when light snow gave good accumulations in some places - instead we need to wait for the heavier echoes to reach us and when they do I suspect flakes will be a lot bigger.

Model output suggest it should extend north at least to Birmingham, but the main spell isn't expected until later tonight and I'm not sure the models are realy much of a guidance anyway.

It's going to be a night of staying calm, watching the radar and lamp-posts, and see what transpires.

Posted

This makes me laugh a 'Weather Bomb' is going to go bang over southern England tonight hehehe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2266394/UK-severe-weather-warning-issued-snow-bomb-forecast-Wales-southern-England-tonight.html

really want this snow, but enthusiasm died off a little, because of thaw arriving through saturday, major thaw Sat night

snow miles more exciting when no mild air on the way,

having said that, do like the GFS 12Z, chance of snow tomorrow, and friday, and a dry sunday, 3 very rare things

I'd have killed for three days of un-melting ,deep, snow 5 years ago!! Still loads of time to appreciate it smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

BBC forecast at 6.30 was poor. Showed the front fizzling out and pivoting south of Brum. Not expecting anything.