Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion 20/01/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I know...Blizzards was always very good at reading these kinds of events...instead he's decided to go to live in one of the most beautiful parts of the country. How very selfish of him!

Hehe, sorry! laugh.png

However, all my posts in here still show im very interested in whats happening back at home. It would be great to see more members on when its not snowing so we can have a more long term lively discussion here. Often the Midlands thread seems to be the quietest when no severe weather is about.

Regarding tonight, then its looking decent for many however for not wanting to use an Ian Brown term here, but parts of Staffordshire and Shropshire could genuinely mostly miss out tonight! help.gif

For Friday, still much uncertainty. If the front comes with South Westerly winds expect mostly rain. Anything but a SW feed to begin with, after such an extensive, persistent cold block in place for nearly 2 weeks a period of snow would be a good bet!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

The radar shows the precip is virtually here, but nothing is happening yet. The sweet spot for the first wave at least looks like being west of Ledbury in this region. Hereford looks like doing well yet again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Hehe, sorry! laugh.png

However, all my posts in here still show im very interested in whats happening back at home. It would be great to see more members on when its not snowing so we can have a more long term lively discussion here. Often the Midlands thread seems to be the quietest when no severe weather is about.

Regarding tonight, then its looking decent for many however for not wanting to use an Ian Brown term here, but parts of Staffordshire and Shropshire could genuinely mostly miss out tonight.

For Friday, still much uncertainty. If the front comes with South Westerly winds expect mostly rain. Anything but a SW feed to begin with, after such an extensive, persistent cold block in place for nearly 2 weeks a period of snow would be a good bet!

ECMWF better for friday, angle slight continental air, Ian's area north Staffs may only see flurries

Posted

Yup ECM would still be on the cold side at the surface Saturday behind Friday's front to, the front seems to be trending south west on each run now, im quite certain it won't even reach eastern areas in the end if this trend continues.

Posted

Just realised - falling snow tends to mess up my Sky reception, and tonight Villa are playing Bradford City in the League Cup semi 2nd leg.

Actually, being a Villa fan, it might be a blessing in disguise if I can't view the match!!! whistling.gif

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Snowing here now! Just light at present, consistent with the radar, but there are some bigger flakes.

Posted

Just realised - falling snow tends to mess up my Sky reception, and tonight Villa are playing Bradford City in the League Cup semi 2nd leg.

Actually, being a Villa fan, it might be a blessing in disguise if I can't view the match!!! whistling.gif

Bish

we have it in the bag 1-0 first half benteke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Snowing here now! Just light at present, consistent with the radar, but there are some bigger flakes.

You're further south down the Malverns aren't you, Snowmoon? I"m at the North end, nothing here yet!

Edit: Woohoo and it's snowing here now!

Edited by Barbmac

Posted

Looks like we might get a bit here but not as much as those of you further South West though if the system intensifies as it moves northwards then our accumulations may become quite siginificant still.

Edited by fourseasons

Posted

Blimey it's approaching fast - when I sat down about an hour ago the northern edge was still over Banbury.

Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing really.

Bish

Posted

Blimey it's approaching fast - when I sat down about an hour ago the northern edge was still over Banbury.

No snow here in Banbury.

The first colour layer on the radar must be just cloud.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Oh no, it's one of those bands of snow that has phantom precip on the leading edge. That means that if it's not even reached Banbury yet when the radar says it is knocking on Leicester's doorstep... The actual band won't make it this far tonight.

Posted
Oh no, it's one of those bands of snow that has phantom precip on the leading edge. That means that if it's not even reached Banbury yet when the radar says it is knocking on Leicester's doorstep... The actual band won't make it this far tonight.

Nooooo don't say that Andy! Keep the faith!

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

apart from the snow i hope by 10pm i will be able to come here and say i can get my tickets to the cup finals 2-1 to villa.

Posted

If you have the NW radar on intensity it is the dark blue sections that produce snow, where as the light blue is nothing but cloud.

Just had a good snow shower here, and another starting as just in the dark blue again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,storms and sunshine!!!

Evening all!!! Snow just started to fall here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

The northern band looks like its intensifying though so may produce something for areas further north, anything in Solihull area yet?

Posted

apart from the snow i hope by 10pm i will be able to come here and say i can get my tickets to the cup finals 2-1 to villa.

If it ends up 2-1 Villa then we're out aren't we??? 1st leg was 3-1 to Bradford.......

Bish

Posted

Bish

You lot are not good in League cup semi finals........ if i remember well whistling.gif

Jay jay okocha beat you on his own at the Reebok biggrin.png

Edited by lancs_northants

Posted

The northern band looks like its intensifying though so may produce something for areas further north, anything in Solihull area yet?

Nothing so far. Looks like we'll have to wait for the heavier bands to arrive :)

Bish