Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion 20/01/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder storms and hot summer days with a cool breeze

Woo fingers crossed for Tuesday, although I think a major thaw tomorrow, all I can hear now is drip drip

I'd be amazed if its thawing Ian. Are you sure it's not dripping off poorly insulated houses?

Posted

Hmmm 18z GFS says a big fat NO again for Tuesday, NAE on it's own, fingers crossed it can be right just light it was for today and Thursday.

Posted

Just measured the depth on my garden back table...currently 18 and a half cm here (that half is very important...that's from the Cheshire Gap showers last Monday evening that is!).

Posted

I'm inclined to just go with the Met O

They forecast today since Friday

They over-egged Saturday and Friday didn't quite hit here as bad as others but was still decent

Atm they've say NO to Tuesday, yesterday it was YES

By the afternoon tomorrow I'll believe what they say :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

My temp sensor under thick snow! still seems accurate, 0.1C now, and the max, min -1.3C

Just measured the depth on my garden back table...currently 18 and a half cm here (that half is very important...that's from the Cheshire Gap showers last Monday evening that is!).

I had a bit of snow left from Sunday night, but nothing from cheshire Gap monday night!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Still going strong here. Going to make the drive to work in Harborne interesting.

Posted

Had a base of 2 inch max on grass before today, now at 5/6 inches

Looks like Shrewsbury has done well today. Better than me to the west of you. I think i have prob had about 2 inches today, as i have been on the western edge of the precipitation really. my dad has been to Shrewsbury tonight and then back home through Oswestry. he said the roads were much worse around Shrewsbury than Oswestry, and that Oswestry had not had as much as you guys in Shrews :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow - or HOT

Is it still snowing there?

Posted

Is it still snowing there?

Amazingly, yes it is. How about with you?

Posted

My temp sensor under thick snow! still seems accurate, 0.1C now, and the max, min -1.3C

I had a bit of snow left from Sunday night, but nothing from cheshire Gap monday night!

Some of the quick hitting rain showers turned to snow around 5:30pm last Monday evening (just as I was leaving work) and left a very quick and icy covering that stayed all week.

Posted

Amazingly, yes it is. How about with you?

Yep, very fine flakes, almost looks like rain, but loads of it coming down and it's adding to what's on the ground at quite a rate actually, really strange to watch!

Posted

Just been out with the measure, 5 inches, just over on my garden table, so not as much as lots of other people reporting

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Evening chaps!...good to see you getting plenty of the white stuff up in my old stomping grounds! good.gif

How's the roads doing up there?...I'm due to drive up to Tamworth/Atherstone in the morning, or is it not worth getting out of bed?

Hi AJ,

I am 5 miles from Atherstone and have 20cm level snow here after 13hrs snowfall and still coming down but showing signs of easing a little.

I would check local radio before setting out as if my road is anything to go by anywhere off the main routes may be tricky.

Good luck anyway.

Posted

So are we expecting to see upgrades from the met for Tuesday ?

really to early mate, tommorow night we will have a better idea but even then it can change like it did today, keep an eye on the NAE because thats been good of late

Posted

Still falling very finely in Shrewsbury, lovely Christmas card scenes outside, at least 10cm on the ground now. Must have had about 6 cm since 3pm- a fantastic day in the end when it looked to be going wet and pear-shaped at lunchtime.

Posted

Just been out with the measure, 5 inches, just over on my garden table, so not as much as lots of other people reporting

Would have thought you would have had more than that, particularly at your altitude. Thought the higher parts of Stourbridge would be around the same as here. 8 inches on the ground here (also used my garden table!). Wonder what it is down in my old stomping ground of Wordsley (which is just 85m asl)...I'm guessing around 3 inches there based on my experiences there.

Edited by Gord

Posted

Well I can't complain

Friday was a once a winter event for here. Today has topped it up to an event every 3/4 years, though they are becoming more common than my childhood in the 90's 00's :D

Alex Deakin really didn't want to mention Tuesday yet... Could be mad again! Seems to be every other day atm ;)

Posted

really to early mate, tommorow night we will have a better idea but even then it can change like it did today, keep an eye on the NAE because thats been good of late

Yeah very true