Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion 20/01/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow - or HOT

Would have thought you would have had more than that, particularly at your altitude. Thought the higher parts of Stourbridge would be around the same as here. 8 inches on the ground here (also used my garden table!). Wonder what it is down in my old stomping ground of Wordsley (which is just 85m asl)...I'm guessing around 3 inches there.

Ah, well I've moved since I did my sea level thing, I'm closer to wordsley now actually so imagine they're pretty close to my levels

Posted

Still falling very finely in Shrewsbury, lovely Christmas card scenes outside, at least 10cm on the ground now. Must have had about 6 cm since 3pm- a fantastic day in the end when it looked to be going wet and pear-shaped at lunchtime.

At 1pm I thought here we go again, same old story

How wrong! As you say a good 10/12 cm maybe 15 in the odd spots with snow from Friday. Great day

Posted

Ah, well I've moved since I did my sea level thing, I'm closer to wordsley now actually so imagine they're pretty close to my levels

That does make sense then! Not a bad result that for the Wordsley area...although it did exceptionally well there on the 18th Dec 2010, as well as some of the higher parts.

Edited by Gord

Posted

Just been looking at rain today radar a nice east wards shift and snow all night as its still coming north through London

Posted

Well I can't complain

Friday was a once a winter event for here. Today has topped it up to an event every 3/4 years, though they are becoming more common than my childhood in the 90's 00's biggrin.png

Alex Deakin really didn't want to mention Tuesday yet... Could be mad again! Seems to be every other day atm tease.gif

I am looking at the NAE for precip regarding tuesday. It had this one nailed from a few days ago, and i thought it modelled fridays event very well too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow - or HOT

That does make sense then! Not a bad result that for the Wordsley area...although it did exceptionally well there on the 18th Dec 2010, as well as some of the higher parts.

Yes, December 2010 was awesome, and yes, I'm only about 80 asl now so quite respectable really, appears to have stopped now

Surley we have an ice warning, the meto are always issuing those.

There wasn't one earlier, don't know if there is now, seems crazy not to have one though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

MetO say light snow till 9am biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Gotta be honest looking at radar's it ain't gonna happen!

May be wrong tease.gif

Yeah, I think we are nearing the end...

Posted

The radar really does suggest that we're nearing the end. Precipitation weaker towards London now as well. But then we've been thinking that for over 2 hours now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.

I thought we were nearing the end about an hour ago looking at the radar but its STILL snowing!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Great day for the Shrewsbury folks, looking forward to the morning light and a good look about! Bet some schools round here will be closed.

Posted

Down to a very light snizzle here now...which is where we started at 9am this morning!

Posted

Looking at the radar I think we might be surprised at how long this carries on for.

I agree. I think there's a couple of hours left at least. Light snow, of course, but none the worse for that.

Regards,

Mike

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.

Wind direction could keep it with us longer?

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Posted

I think that many folk will regard this as better than fridays event. Today a lot of people have had totals which have exceeded manys expectations (certainly has mine!) Whereas i think we were all expecting the high totals on friday from all the media hype and meto amber warnings etc.

A great day me thinks! :)

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl

just got back after a drive out........

nothing on the roads and you know when you are back in the Dudley Borough as the roads are terrible! Wolverhampton borough, the roads are better!

There is more snow on the paths than I expected - some of the deepest snow in recent years. There is going to be some fun tomorrow morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Well the recent NAE for Tuesday looks interesting for parts on the midlands.. if theres more of a NE movement then we could all be under yet another frontal system with 5-10cm widely, interesting times ahead still..