Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion 20/01/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Stil snowing here in coventry has just picked up again in the last twenty mins very deep snow cover outside now

Local weather station in coventry reporting of 17cms of lying snow the most recorded in coventry since 1991 long long longg overdue.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Still snowing here too.

Starting to forget what its like to look out of the window and NOT see snow falling!

Posted

Still some heavier bursts east of Birmingham...I looked carefully at the radar and thought it was moving towards us, but I don't think so.

Having said that, things have picked up slightly again here!

Posted

Can't believe this. Only very light snow here for the last few hours but it's adding to the accumulations. A lot of lying snow now :D

Posted

Finally the snow has got a little bit heavier here and sticking! Not sure how long this will last. Not been a good day for snow here really....had light snow for much of the morning into the afternoon but it was so thin and light it didn't really stick.

Posted

We're right on the edge of the snow here now, i can see the moon through the clouds although the snow is still moderate, maybe we'll get more, who knows, we're the luckiest folk on Earth today!! smile.png

Posted

Unbelievable it's getting heavier again :) roads getting completely covered .....

Posted

As expected the band is now direct on line wiith stoke. better snow in last 3 hours giving us a nice topping. Should go on for most of the night at least

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Local weather station in coventry reporting of 17cms of lying snow the most recorded in coventry since 1991 long long longg overdue.

Similar snow depths here. Ever so slightly deeper than my 15cm ruler (lol). :)

One amazing thing about the snow many of us have had in the last few days is that once it has set in, it has been hard to budge, with bands of wintry weather stalling, or being slow moving.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

GUYS, CORNWALL HAS SNOW!!!!

Dewpoints are still at -3c, apparently in Hayle, flakes are big and falling heavy!!! Could this be an all snow event for us??? :D

Posted

GUYS, CORNWALL HAS SNOW!!!!

Dewpoints are still at -3c, apparently in Hayle, flakes are big and falling heavy!!! Could this be an all snow event for us??? :D

seriously? best of luck to you in falmouth then mate Edited by Staffordshire

Posted

Snow has really picked up out of nowhere here again. What's going on? According to the radar it should be over!

Posted

Snow has really picked up out of nowhere here again. What's going on? According to the radar it should be over!

still going strong here to mate, we just seem to be getting a continual feed, i think the winds around the wash are really helping push ppn to us

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!

still going strong here to mate, we just seem to be getting a continual feed, i think the winds around the wash are really helping push ppn to us

Same here. Main roads are started to get covered again. We may be in with a chance on Tuesday as well :)

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

just got back after a drive out........

nothing on the roads and you know when you are back in the Dudley Borough as the roads are terrible! Wolverhampton borough, the roads are better!

The gritter (Sth Staffs) and one using a plough has been up our country lane twice today which isnt even a bus route. That's twice more than I ever saw when comuting through Dudley for 10 years!!

It took me over 5 hours to get home from Cradley Heath in 2004 and 07 if I recall correctly..... mind you there's a lot of hills in Dudley & the Black Country.