Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion 20/01/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Currently still snowing in Brownhills. I best go to bed for work. What a day eh?

Posted

Same here. Main roads are started to get covered again. We may be in with a chance on Tuesday as well :)

the main roads never got uncovered after about 5 here :lol:, i wont look into tuesday yet until tommorow night and then i will only look at NAE, then its radar watching again as today has proved it can be tricky business

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow - or HOT

Few flakes starting up again in Stourbridge too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Snowing here also this snow is lasting longer than the snooker lol, loving it.

Posted

All radars have stopped at 2215! Overworked maybe? Now I'm having to get up instead of a quick look at my phone! What's everyone's guess for the end of the snow in west brum! I need to sleep!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

evening peeps. Still snowing here in brum. How r the raders looking for the rest of the night? Thx.

Posted

Coming down moderately and because it's dark now is putting a sludgy deposit on the roads!

Where exactly in the Midlands are you? You don't seem to have much luck. I'm assuming by your reports that you are Evesham way? That's the only area I can think of that's had a poor day (now that Stoke has joined in!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Nope Rugeley. Lower ASL and a power station does me no help at all. It's commonly recognised that, the second you go over the chase the snow frequently doubles in depth towards Cannock. Staffordshire and gimmesnow are local, to me ad they've had only light/occasional moderate all day with no real accumulation.

Yet Cannock seems to be gridlocked! Weird.

Posted

Nope Rugeley. Lower ASL and a power station does me no help at all. It's commonly recognised that, the second you go over the chase the snow frequently doubles in depth towards Cannock. Staffordshire and gimmesnow are local, to me ad they've had only light/occasional moderate all day with no real accumulation.

Interesting. Can the power station really have that effect on a location? I know the Chase can have it's own weather. I really would have thought that you would have been in a prime spot today.

Posted

Hhhmmm radar working up to 22.45 and appears to be pivoting?? And it's coming down here again, tiny flakes but fast

Posted

are you radders? obv the piwer station does no good at all, i have had a good accumilation today, 5+cm, im sure i have 20+ level ill inspect tommorow morning when this all finally stops

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Loads of schools all closing again for today (Monday) now.

I love how the West Midlands has basically gone "Do you think were gonna miss out again today, Nope, let us have some!" The West Midlands has really bullied its way into that system today... Congrats! A brilliant cold spell for you all.

Meanwhile my snow is just a few miles away now!

Posted

Still snowing here moderately. Had 12.5cm on friday which had reduced to 9.5cm this morning on settling/thawing yesterday. Now we're up to 14cm depth and that's excluding snow melt so fantastic! One delighted snow fan!!!

TCBST

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Coming down steady here again where is all this coming from.

Posted

Interesting. Can the power station really have that effect on a location? I know the Chase can have it's own weather. I really would have thought that you would have been in a prime spot today.

I don't think so but it won't do much to help. I'm on another forum and a member has pretty much just stated its been snowing in Uttoxeter since 9am but only started accumulating in the last 90 minutes. Gimme in Stafford said the same and Staffordshire in Lichfield.

I think it depends on locality of your house to roads also. Out back of mine is a huge garden that has added another 2-3 CMS today, the front is a semi busy 2 laned road and so a thaw of pathways and puddles on the road have done nothing.

It's also known that you come 'down into rugeley'. We are in a Valley compared to all towns around us so of they get 5CM in Cannock, we usually get 3 tops.

Edited by PolarWarsaw

Posted

Looks like an area around Birmingham and this end of the Black Country suddenly intensified. Been coming down fairly rapidly in the last half hour.

Posted

are you radders? obv the piwer station does no good at all, i have had a good accumilation today, 5+cm, im sure i have 20+ level ill inspect tommorow morning when this all finally stops

Yep - check your PM!

Posted

Does that radar actually look as though the front is slipping south??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

personally i would say today turnd out better than friday, and a bit better than 2010 although in 2010 it was alot colder so the snow stayed on the ground alot longer. Lets c how long this lot lasts.