Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Three Counties & East Anglia Regional Discussion - January 22nd 2013 14:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Now I have a dentist appointment at 9am in the morning and the dentist travels from Harrow, I wonder if the appointment will still take placebiggrin.png

and how about the dream that it was the other way around with the front moving back from the eastlaugh.png

Could you imagine?

Would be amazing!

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

shame its overnight and i wont see it.

and also will be gone sunday,so i guess thats why theres not alot of enthusiasm as normal.

ahh snow to thaw in 24 hrs what a terrible waste:(

I know this sounds depressing but it the truth,feb to come,i am sure it will hold more events .

i think i take snow obsession to next levels lol. It might be a shame that its getting milder but a few hours of moderate snow is what i look forward to all year! of course its better when it settles and hangs around but i still get excited about snow falling. perhaps i should get out more hehe.

Many previous winters a snow to rain event like this would have been the highlight of my winter! oh how spoilt we are these days!!

Edited by Suburban Streamer

Posted

i think i take snow obsession to next levels lol. It might be a shame that its getting milder but a few hours of moderate snow is what i look forward to all year! of course its better when it settles and hangs around but i still get excited about snow falling. perhaps i should get out more hehe

Your not alone. Couldn't care less about the thaw.

To see a few hours of heavy snow falling will make me happy.

Posted

post-15445-0-68072900-1359122803_thumb.j

Is there anyway on Met Office site, you can zoom to your post code and have the warning overlaid if they apply. It is a bit frustrating that the warnings don't appear to be an overlay you can apply when zoomed in, like what you can do with the radar on Met Office site?

For example and not that it matters to much, but I think I may be just outside the Amber warning, but can't be 100% because can't zoom in...

Edited by Hammer

Is there anyway on Met Office site, you can zoom to your post code and have the warning overlaid if they apply. It is a bit frustrating that the warnings don't appear to be an overlay you can apply when zoomed in, like what you can do with the radar on Met Office site?

For example and not that it matters to much, but I think I may be just outside the Amber warning, but can't be 100% because can't zoom in...

I think the nearest you can get is this one

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=8&lon=0.05&lat=52.30&fcTime=1359115200

Posted

no, not that i know of. Although, if you go to five day forecast and type your postcode / town, it shows any applicable warning for each time slot. (tho, as we identified earlier, its a bit slow to update, but seems accurate now)

like this...

post-15445-0-23396100-1359125415_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters
cray.gif Why oh Why. God i wish this mild invasion was a model'd blip. Always the way. Who's up for making a cling film tent for the whole regional thread.good.gif

Posted

latest nae 12z...

post-15445-0-29046500-1359126058_thumb.g midnight

post-15445-0-80693000-1359126063_thumb.g 6am

Edited by Suburban Streamer

Posted

no, not that i know of. Although, if you go to five day forecast and type your postcode / town, it shows any applicable warning for each time slot. (tho, as we identified earlier, its a bit slow to update, but seems accurate now)

like this...

post-15445-0-23396100-1359125415_thumb.j

Yeah that's a bit rubbish on what appears they could do. So UK view they apply the Amber, Red or Yellow warning, when you zoom to location to look at radar overlay, surely overlay for warning wouldn't be to hard to show as another option.

Maybe I need to ping Met Office on why they haven't done this yet. Or perhaps they don't want people drilling all way down to post code level and warnings are not meant to be taken quite so micro scale.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

The warnings overlay is terrible, wheres the amber warning lol?

Posted

dont know if this has been posted, but bbc are going to keep us updated with any changes at this link below (last updated 11.55). He said they would be updating it every hour or so...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...atures/21198520

Anyone else noticed that the BBC seem to have really woken up to the fact that there are lots of weather geeks/nutters/ 'enthusiasts'? I think its because of the sites like this that they are really starting to get their act together :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

The warnings overlay is terrible, wheres the amber warning lol?

Amber Warning of Snow for London & South East England :

Buckinghamshire & Milton Keynes valid from 0005 Sat 26 Jan to 0330 Sat 26 Jan

Amber Warning of Snow for East of England :

Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, Bedford, Central Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Luton, Essex, Norfolk & Suffolk

Valid from: 0005 on Sat 26 Jan 2013

Valid to: 0330 on Sat 26 Jan 2013

Snow will continue across parts of eastern England during the early hours of Saturday morning, although it may turn briefly to rain as it clears. Some heavy snowfall may occur, particularly towards the north of the Amber warning area, and across the Chilterns, where 5 to 10 cm of snowfall may accumulate in just 2 or 3 hours. The sleet and snow will ease, then clear before dawn.

The public should be prepared for some disruption, particularly to travel, within the affected area.

Issued at: 1331 on Fri 25 Jan 2013

http://www.metoffice...Time=1359028860

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Real-time snowcast.....

Further heavy snow is pushing into the UK this afternoon and evening. BBC Weather's John Hammond regularly updates its progress here on the BBC Weather website.

Posted

Real-time snowcast.....

Further heavy snow is pushing into the UK this afternoon and evening. BBC Weather's John Hammond regularly updates its progress here on the BBC Weather website.

Real time my arm last updated 11:55am poor bbc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Well my weekend starts here.smile.png

Have a good one all!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Real time my arm last updated 11:55am poor bbc

Try this one...updated 14.09

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/21198521

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

Just had a quick read of the North West regional thread, some of them up there are getting hammered with snow, some reporting that they are experiencing the heaviest falls that they have ever seen.

I have got just about everything crossed that we get a bit of the same later.