• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Why oh why can't the cold block just hold out for 24 more hours would have been a double snow fest lol

The only problem with that is that the cold would have stopped any noteworthy precipitation actually reaching this region tonight.

Posted

Getting rather excited now.

So far during this cold spell the snow that has fallen in my location has appeared on the NW radar as either dark blues or greens with the green representing moderate/heavy snow. Im really hoping to see the yellows or reds which can potentially gives inches in hrs.

Going to be a late night for some of us and those who want to take pics will need to get up early although im not expecting a quick thaw tomorrow. This will occur late on Saturday into Sunday.

Posted

Getting rather excited now.

So far during this cold spell the snow that has fallen in my location has appeared on the NW radar as either dark blues or greens with the green representing moderate/heavy snow. Im really hoping to see the yellows or reds which can potentially gives inches in hrs.

Going to be a late night for some of us and those who want to take pics will need to get up early although im not expecting a quick thaw tomorrow. This will occur late on Saturday into Sunday.

when do you expect the heaviest stuff TEITS, ill be passing your patch on the train about half 9?

Edited by azores92

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Is there some kind of shortwave feature on the front coming through tonight,as it seems to slow down across our part of the world?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

Argh, I'm going to do a bit of selfish NIMBYism now - I need to get to Norwich tomorrow!!

As am I!!! COYH!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

Argh, I'm going to do a bit of selfish NIMBYism now - I need to get to Norwich tomorrow!!

Oh dear lol

Have to be honest though, I've been somewhat fed up of the lying snow now (had it for a week). I like it when its falling (esp heavily) but when its all compacted and frozen its not really fun lol. In a way im glad its turning milder Sunday!

Edited by Chris D

Posted

game might be off, pitch might be fine but the surrounding areas could be a bit tricky health and safety and all that BS

Edited by Snowy Easterlies

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Oh dear lol

Have to be honest though, I've been somewhat fed up of the lying snow now (had it for a week). I like it when its falling (esp heavily) but when its all compacted and frozen its not really fun lol. In a way im glad its turning milder Sunday!

I'm dreading the return of the mud nightmare. It's been wonderful walking the dogs without having to look where you're putting your feet all the time and avoiding puddles or deep ruts in the tracks around here.

So long as it gets cold again quickly I don't care if it's the last of the snow until next autumn.

Posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Check out that green blob on the radar at the start of the report that suddenely dives south east once it crosses the Irish Sea (around the Isle of Man).

i wonder if there's further developments to come...as the Fat Lady clears her throat, microphone in hand and the orchestra starts playing the intro

Edited by Timmytour

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

I'm getting so much conflicting information from different sources. Some say Ippy will get some snow, the 'Will it Snow' thingies say 0-6% chance and the 12z shows nothing for us at all. Aaaaaaaaagggghhhhhhhh!!! What to believe??.? :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Check out that green blob on the radar at the start of the report that suddenely dives south east once it crosses the Irish Sea (around the Isle of Man).

i wonder if there's further developments to come...as the Fat Lady clears her throat, microphone in hand and the orchestra starts playing the intro

I agree there could be further developments, imagine if it stalled with no sleet on its back and Saturday morning was -5..

If Carlsberg did snow events..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Wouldn't it be great if the whole system stalled over our region tonight, and we all woke up to heavy snow in the morning with the cold air still in place blum.gif

StuieW - snap, great minds think alike.

Edited by Mark Burton

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I'm getting so much conflicting information from different sources. Some say Ippy will get some snow, the 'Will it Snow' thingies say 0-6% chance and the 12z shows nothing for us at all. Aaaaaaaaagggghhhhhhhh!!! What to believe??.? ohmy.png

Looks like it'll be after midnight - if at all - K...I wonder the early morning will bring?

Posted

Wouldn't it be great if the whole system stalled over our region tonight, and we all woke up to heavy snow in the morning with the cold air still in place blum.gif

Surreal, we just posted the same thing at the same time...

Posted

I'm getting so much conflicting information from different sources. Some say Ippy will get some snow, the 'Will it Snow' thingies say 0-6% chance and the 12z shows nothing for us at all. Aaaaaaaaagggghhhhhhhh!!! What to believe??.? ohmy.png

i'd say stick to the radar now. but defo ignore the gfs and ignore the Will it snow because its based on each gfs run. NAE is the best model, but all about radar really - gonna be a late one!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

lol i still have a lot of snow around from the last events. Gonna David bailey before and after,Before the thaw.

Edited by Jason T

Posted

Jason, did that last weekend and hopefully there is something white tomorrow morning. Shirley it won`t be washed away..?

Think positive...

Setting up the cam for a time-lapse later and will see if and when where everything goes wrong. I said IF ;-)