Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 26th January 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Blink (or fall asleep) tomorrow into Saturday and you might miss this!!

42_20.gif

48_20.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

FYI....See Piers C is ramping up the cold for UK & Europe in the next few days in his latest headline release..........http://www.weatheraction.com/displayarticle.asp?a=513&c=5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

As copied from the SW & CSE thread. drinks.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Further to my posting from yesterday, I'm starting to feel even more confident that winter is coming back peeps. Check out the latest 6-15 dayer from the UKMO and bear in mind that this is the third medium ranger in a row to mention the word SNOW. cold.gifcold.gifcold.gif

As reproduced from the dedicated thread. friends.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UK Outlook for Tuesday 5 Feb 2013 to Thursday 14 Feb 2013:

Tending to turn colder and rather unsettled across the UK throughout much of this period. There will be a mixture of sunny spells and blustery showers, which will turn increasingly wintry, though probably falling as rain or sleet in the south at first. There is the potential for some accumulations of snow in places exposed to the north and northwest. It will be windy across the UK, with severe gales possible in the northwest. The best of the sunshine will be towards the east and southeast of the UK. Generally rather cold, with overnight frost in inland shelter at first, becoming more widespread throughout next week. Towards the end of the period, there is a good deal of uncertainty, but perhaps becoming drier and less cold for a time.

Updated: 1121 on Thu 31 Jan 2013

http://www.metoffice...st_weather.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FWIW, I strongly believe that this will be upgraded over the coming days and will be corrected further South in time. hi.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

northwood_analysis_mslp.png?31415

Can I just say, that is one of the biggest fronts I have ever seen on a Fax chart..

That looks like Caspar the ghost hovering over the UK

Posted

FYI....See Piers C is ramping up

Really, that will make a change then! :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Oxfordshire, Portsmouth, Reading, Southampton, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead & Wokingham

Valid from: 0005 on Fri 1 Feb 2013

Valid to: 1200 on Fri 1 Feb 2013

Another spell of rain will spread to parts of Wales and southern England on Friday morning. The rain may turn to snow at times over hills. The public should be aware that further localised flooding and disruption to travel is possible.

Issued at: 1059 on Thu 31 Jan 2013

This is an update to the alert issued on Wednesday morning.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=90F97E1E-6259-024A-35C9-85FF7372198C_5_SE&tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=7&lon=-0.50&lat=51.35&fcTime=1359547260

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Anyone needing a cold and snowy weather fix tune to Channel 5 tonight at 9pm for 'Winter Road Rescue'

http://www.channel5.com/shows/winter-road-rescue/episodes/episode-1-414

....it could be coming to a road near you soon !

Anyone needing a cold and snowy weather fix tune to Channel 5 tonight at 9pm for 'Winter Road Rescue'

http://www.channel5....s/episode-1-414

....it could be coming to a road near you soon !

Thanks for the reminder as I was going to set that on record last night and forgot, just had a look and it does appear to be the repeat from last year which only had two episodes and is still on available on the the On Demand.

Posted

The Daily Express will turn this into front page headlines no doubt!!

Oh I can't even go there as it ends in a rant. It's why I stick to Netweather, your'e all grounded and sane in here...... crazy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

As already commented on, interesting that the MO medium range forecast is become more bullish about cold prospects from mid next week. Will probably be shot down in flames but for me this is a good sign for something good occurring as I will always remember how they called Nov/Dec 10 from a long way out. Initially,we don't look to be in a favoured region but tasty talk of an eventual easterly on the main thread!

Guest bjaykent

Oh I can't even go there as it ends in a rant. It's why I stick to Netweather, your'e all grounded and sane in here...... crazy.gif

here's a few sane netweather users in Crawley, were you there Coast?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Walking the dog at Keston Ponds and in the shelter (which i grant you there's not much) there is some warmth in the sun :-)

Posted

here's a few sane netweather users in Crawley, were you there Coast?

whistling.gif Not guilty officer......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Been away a while, anyone want to fill me in on snow prospects coming up?

Posted

Been away a while, anyone want to fill me in on snow prospects coming up?

None currently in prospect but.....

keep-calm-and-watch-this-space-5.png

Posted

60th anniversary memorial to be unveiled for 1953 flood victims

normal_Rescue_operation.jpg

twitter-icon.png

Video memories of the great flood of 1953:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21272289

Posted

Think I am spending to much time on theses forums - especially model discussion which is up and down so much it is giving me a headache. Seems from looking on there that a cold spell with snow is pretty much on the cards for nest week however I am in the Croydon area and the 10 day forecast which all day had said 80% snow next Tuesday and Wednesday is now showing 0% Tuesday and 30% Wednesday - what do you believe. Is it just that the model discusson is ongoing and changing literally all of the time and the actual forecasts take a wider view? Very confused

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Think I am spending to much time on theses forums - especially model discussion which is up and down so much it is giving me a headache. Seems from looking on there that a cold spell with snow is pretty much on the cards for nest week however I am in the Croydon area and the 10 day forecast which all day had said 80% snow next Tuesday and Wednesday is now showing 0% Tuesday and 30% Wednesday - what do you believe. Is it just that the model discusson is ongoing and changing literally all of the time and the actual forecasts take a wider view? Very confused

Whilst its only my view, have a gander at my post from yesterday copied below. good.gif

http://forum.netweat...80#entry2579499 or even today's here http://forum.netweat...20#entry2579829

John Pike's posts covering the Fax Charts should give you the more immediate outlook. smile.png

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Seems from looking on there that a cold spell with snow is pretty much on the cards for nest week however I am in the Croydon area and the 10 day forecast which all day had said 80% snow next Tuesday and Wednesday is now showing 0% Tuesday and 30% Wednesday - what do you believe.

Where snows concerned, nothing's on the cards until it falls on your head! There are a very few whispers and teasers, but until +24 hours it could still be on or off. We can start looking at trends and possibilities for real this weekend maybe :good:

Posted

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/gens_display.php?x=317&y=150&run=12&runpara=0&type=0&ext=1

short ensembles are fine

going to stick with ecm and fax charts for nowsmile.png

the ensembles are good for guides but the gfs main run changes more than i change my socks tongue.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

http://www.meteociel...=0&type=0&ext=1

short ensembles are fine

going to stick with ecm and fax charts for nowsmile.png

the ensembles are good for guides but the gfs main run changes more than i change my socks tongue.png

What do you think of tomorrow and Saturdays synoptics? Any chance of snow?