Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 26th January 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Well last night was very wet and windy here!

Then earlier this morning we had another blast of wet and windy weather!

Snow has all gone now, with broken cloud and sunshine. Temp around 7c.

Glad to turn my heating off finally!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Lol Darren Bett trying to contain his excitment with the forecast of 12 deg centigrade on Tuesday, suppose that's what makes the world so interesting, we all like different things.......

Now where's my trainspotting manual!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Lovely day here in the west, sunny. Rather windy though, and more of that next week I see. Brentford playing Chelsea in my home town right now. In the wind.

Posted

10C and sunny skies. Bit different to this time last week when the Snow fell!

8c and a sunny day here. Last Sunday's 12 hours of non stop snow. Seems a long time ago now!

Renewed Sudden polar Stratospheric Warming in my opinion will be picked up within a week by MetO - v cold to return in Feb

Edited by yamkin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Lovely day here in the west, sunny. Rather windy though, and more of that next week I see. Brentford playing Chelsea in my home town right now. In the wind.

Yes Ruthie, watching it at work, are we in for a massive shock in the West London derby, perhaps not as Torres has just scored!

Those punters who've had a £1k on Chelsea to win £250, its squeaky bum time though.

Cheers,

Tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Draw against the mighty Chelsea, am happy with that, great for brentford! Still a beaut of a day here, spring like.

Posted

Draw against the mighty Chelsea, am happy with that, great for brentford! Still a beaut of a day here, spring like.

cor how did they not win?

shame on brentford rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Guest archiesmummy

12c in Jan? It's ridiculous, nothing I can do about it but really hate stupid temperatures like that for this time of year, time and a place for everything!

I really hope the cold does come back with a vengeance in Feb and march too to make up for mother nature slipping up at the end of this month! Lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

So, I've had my present mobile for 17months (it's relevant....bare with me) and I have little symbols for weather conditions. For tomorrow I have little leaves blowing about. I've never seen that particular symbol before. Does this mean lots o windy weather I wonder. I hope so..I love wind. :)

12c many years ago was the normal when we went though the mild winters of the 90's, having said that with the lack of suns strength and if we get any wind it won't feel that warm although on the past two weeks it will feel mild. One thing is that my central heating bill has stop growing as of last night.

Guest archiesmummy

12c many years ago was the normal when we went though the mild winters of the 90's, having said that with the lack of suns strength and if we get any wind it won't feel that warm although on the past two weeks it will feel mild. One thing is that my central heating bill has stop growing as of last night.

12c and heavy rain.....mmmm its not even like you can do anything, like you say isn't going to be a 12c you might get in say April where you might feel the warmth of sun on our faces, to be honest the heating has gone down but still don't think the weather has turned that much to warrent being turned off all together! Not saying that's what you have done, just talking generally...:)

Guest archiesmummy

No problem ,I'm making them all sit here without the heating off just to make a point it's milderrofl.gif

Lol, my dad bought us candles one year to keep warm, the following year he let us light them! Lol :)

Lol, my dad bought us candles one year to keep warm, the following year he let us light them! Lol smile.png

Very goodbiggrin.png

Guess what I just found out the heating has been on since 2pm, thought I had set it to 4pm.

Looking out of the window i can't believe that last Sunday i was pulling little one around the town on a sledge and people were starting to have problems on the roads, that's the British weather for you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

Wow - just had the briefest but severe hail shower here ! The whole garden is white ! And can anyone tell me if last night anyone experienced a huge flash of lightening and brief rumble of thunder with all the strong winds that were kicking off ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Squally hail shower at work in Croydon.

Cheers,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Wow - just had the briefest but severe hail shower here ! The whole garden is white ! And can anyone tell me if last night anyone experienced a huge flash of lightening and brief rumble of thunder with all the strong winds that were kicking off ?

Yep there was thunder and lightening last night.

That hail is here now, plus more thunder.