Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 26th January 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

Yep there was thunder and lightening last night.

That hail is here now, plus more thunder.

So it wasn't just me ! I thought I had drunk too much !

Posted

Back in Reigate now.

Temp: +7.3c

Dp: +2.3c

RH: 71%

hPa: 1006, been rising for the last 9 hours

Dry, light wind from south-west, complete cloud cover.

Back to 'normal'!

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

After a beautiful day, lovely bright sunshine and feeling incredibly mild, have now had a moderate hail shower and the sky is black. Just need a bit of thunder now to make me a happy lady. Enjoy your Sunday everyone x

Posted

Very interesting developments on Saturday from the GFS 12Z regarding snow. Be interesting how this plays out during the week biggrin.pngcold.gifclap.gif

post-2721-0-37791300-1359305345_thumb.pn

post-2721-0-75752000-1359305351_thumb.pn

post-2721-0-64417400-1359305357_thumb.pn

Edited by yamkin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Am I the only one who heard a rumble in this hail shower, well me and the others here in the house with me.

Posted

We really need a lot less rain then that right now, doesn't look good for the south west that's for sure.

Posted

fourm is so dead I hate it :/ There is some lively weather coming up and people leave because of no snow...

I know, such a shame, I wish I could see the cloud formation last night, I bet there was a gust front on the shower when the wind really picked up.

Posted

fourm is so dead I hate it :/ There is some lively weather coming up and people leave because of no snow...

Always the way isn't it...they will be back as soon as there is a sniff of snow in the Daily Mail on the horizon rofl.gif

Seems like ages since last Sunday with all the snow...what a difference a week makes!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

The snow has completely thawed here, so I'm happy. smile.png Like I've said previously, I like snow, but hate slow thaw. Personally I'm happy with the change, as the great majority of the population is, away from these pages. The fear that elderly people can have of cold weather should always be borne in mind imho - it's a fine balance... 12C in winter is fine by me, as I'll turn my heating off.good.gif

Edited by Steve C

Posted

Indeed I agree... But with tomorrow and Tuesday... And maybe tonight providing some pretty lively weather.. Who would have known that last night would bring that thunder and lightning? Amazing stuff!

I missed it - been quite poorly the last couple of days and slept for 10 hours without waking. Looked back at the overnight radar this morning and couldn't believe what I had slept through.

Looking like it's going to be wild for a time tomorrow - MO showing 61mph gusts here at 6pm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

lol @ you guys, I meant rumble of thunder.

I was watching twister with kids right at the end of the film and hail and thunder started out side our window was great timing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

I agree, Steve. It's ruddy freezing in my house and I just can't afford the gas bills AND electric. So I'm very happy. As I keep saying, roll on milder weather and warm (ish) winds. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

12c in Jan? It's ridiculous, nothing I can do about it but really hate stupid temperatures like that for this time of year, time and a place for everything!

I really hope the cold does come back with a vengeance in Feb and march too to make up for mother nature slipping up at the end of this month! Lol

In January 2003, parts of the Scottish Highlands experienced 18C! It was amazing; I was out doing the garden - in shirtsleeves...Three days' on, and there was 50cm of snow on the ground!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Well what a difference a week makes! Last Sunday I was walking to the Tesco Metro for children's pack lunch stuff in full winter gear. Tonight I'm walking in the sort of clothes I would wear in early spring! Bring on Feb and a bitter sting in this winters tail.

Fully agree with you mate....