IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 03/02/13 12z ------->

A.J

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

That looks potentially interesting for Bristol.

Key thing perhaps being overlooked in some MOD thread discussion is nocturnal chilling of boundary layer versus what 850's show per se. RegIonal modelling of lowest boundary layer currently beyond reliable scope of GM models for Sun night.

Ian, question please. What do those cross symbols running down from the Wash mean?

X = snow

O = dynamic rain

Posted

Key thing perhaps being overlooked in some MOD thread discussion is nocturnal chilling of boundary layer versus what 850's show per se. RegIonal modelling of lowest boundary layer currently beyond reliable scope of GM models for Sun night.

X = snow

O = dynamic rain

Thanks, Ian.

Posted

Latest modified GM for 12z Sun. Compare to FAX. Takes ensemble mean position. Note rain-snow discrimination thro Somerset etc is clearly clearly not to be taken literally at this range. Shorter sea track further E on S Coast enhances snow potential, as per event in Jan.

Hi Ian. What are the symbols that are a circle with a little dash? Look a bit like an on/off symbol on a tv etc. Thank you.

Sorry, just seen above reply to this exact question. Being picky I noticed one right at the end of the channel in this area

Edited by Matty-H

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Some interesting updates from ian I see, just a shame we're still a few days from the event so things will still change, for the better or worse, or if we're lucky the current prognosis well be exactly how it plays out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

happy days! biggrin.png

He's never happy. acute.gif but are you AJ. My glass is nearly always "half full", in fact I think I need a top-up of Magners original Irish cider right now. Of course, any other brand will do. drinks.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Lets all do a snow dance...

f045.gif Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny

Hi Ian. What are the symbols that are a circle with a little dash? Look a bit like an on/off symbol on a tv etc. Thank you.

Sorry, just seen above reply to this exact question. Being picky I noticed one right at the end of the channel in this area

it means get back to TWO!rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

He's never happy. acute.gif but are you AJ. My glass is nearly always "half full", in fact I think I need a top-up of Magners original Irish cider right now. Of course, any other brand will do. drinks.gif

I'm always happy......forecast looks great, but I'm left pondering something far more important now I've seen said forecast......how many slabs of Speckly to buy?....maybe a slab or two of 'Old Crafty' as well

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

f045.gif Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Love the unbiased Scientific analysis on this threadclapping.gif Can hear Madness singing "Our House"

Posted

Just had to youtube snow dance....

Found this...

Funny.. But cringe worthy

Likewise I googled (any other search engine will dorofl.gif ) dancing snow angels but I should have kept the filter on. drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Matty always the cautions man, I didn't even notice it, to busy looking at all the x's over the Cotswolds (middle bit of the Cotswolds, south Cotswolds and Yate are way off of my radarblum.gif ) lol,

Edited by chris55

Posted

Love the unbiased Scientific analysis on this threadclapping.gif Can hear Madness singing "Our House"

Bugger your house, I want snow on RG14 please. blum.gif

• Father wears his Sunday best
  • Mother's tired she needs a rest

From playing in the snow maybe? acute.gif I'll give us all a chance come Monday if things work out that way. clapping.gif

Posted

Matty always the cautions man, I didn't even notice it, to busy looking at all the x's over the Cotswolds (middle bit of the Cotswolds, south Cotswolds and Yate are way off of my radarblum.gif ) lol,

Haha! But of course ;-)

Posted

Matty always the cautions man, I didn't even notice it, to busy looking at all the x's over the Cotswolds (middle bit of the Cotswolds, south Cotswolds and Yate are way off of my radarblum.gif) lol,

Warning though - don't take precip signal too literally. My gut feeling is this could result in a snow north of M4 gig, at least until backwash returns southwards with colder flow into early Monday (and how this phases with actual ppn amounts is anyone's guess). We're still miles away from any certainty. It could yet manifest a very marginal event for much of W Country, depending on shape/depth of the low, the track, and how it entrains the colder E/NE tuck later phased with ppn and WBFL (the latter looking like a steep and knife-edge gradient across the south by 00z Monday).

Edited by fergieweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Bugger your house, I want snow on RG14 please. blum.gif

• Father wears his Sunday best
  • Mother's tired she needs a rest

From playing in the snow maybe? acute.gif I'll give us all a chance come Monday if things work out that way. clapping.gif

You,AWD,Coast and when he as time Gibby give some first class anyalysis on this thread, Reading your posting last night very informative,,,,,,

Posted

Warning though - don't take precip signal too literally. My gut feeling is this could result in a snow north of M4 gig, at least until backwash returns southwards with colder flow into early Monday (and how this phases with actual ppn amounts is anyone's guess). We're still miles away from any certainty. It could yet manifest a very marginal event for much of W Country, depending on shape/depth of the low, the track, and how it entrains the colder E/NE tuck later phased with ppn and WBFL (the latter looking like a steep and knife-edge gradient across the south by 00z Monday).

it makes you wonder sometimes was the M4 purposely built for snow eventsspiteful.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

it makes you wonder sometimes was the M4 purposely built for snow eventsspiteful.gif

I sense an army of netweather snow activists accompanied by some motorway destroying tools descending along the M4 this weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

I flipping hate the M4 corridor!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

I live practically right on the M4 so I never really know where I stand!

Posted

You,AWD,Coast and when he as time Gibby give some first class anyalysis on this thread, Reading your posting last night very informative,,,,,,

Thank you young man, let us hope it ends up to something similar to my posting and in line with what fergieweather is currently suggesting. If it did, then there wouldn't be too many unhappy faces in here.

Posted

I live practically right on the M4 so I never really know where I stand!

As long as its not in the fast lane!good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Wind, Sunny, Warm, Thunderstorms, Snow

Ill believe its properly snowing when see it! For lower elevations of Exeter, south Devon and Cornwall it's been downgrade after downgrade but I'm open to be presently surprised!!! 10 inches would be nice