Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion 05/02/13 08 -------->

A.J

Posted

Lovely Snaw. Easily the best of the winter by a country mile! Pity it won't last much longer.....................

Posted

Fir the first time this winter a frontal snow event delivers for Edinburgh, I am shocked it's actually lying!! Can this front stall where it is please and give us 24hrs of this, u can dream!!

Fir the first time this winter a frontal snow event delivers for Edinburgh, I am shocked it's actually lying!! Can this front stall where it is please and give us 24hrs of this, u can dream!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,cold,frost,fog,wind,rain

agreed, in cumbie defo the best snow event so far! really is a shame it wont last, the sky still looks heavy though!

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Snow is on in Glasgow and temps holding steady.

Posted

It's delivered hee haw here at the Gyle except a wet pavement. There was a light dusting back home on all surfaces but nothing special. The ppn is so light it's virtually non-existent. I agree though - I'm surprised to even see snow falling from this setup here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Despite snowing continuously since about 7am, it's not amounting to much here. Everything is white and pretty, but only about 1.5 cm though. Crazy because it hasn't stopped snowing but it is just very light. No other Perth reports??

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Been decent this morning here. A cm on the ground but nothing lying on the road. Still snowing for now but for how much longer?

Posted

Left Campsie at 7 and there was 4cm of powder snow and it was still snowing moderately. It's still snowing and getting heavier just now in Glasgow city centre and will be around 2c warmer here so interested to find out what depth it is back home.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny

Still snowing but the paths are starting to melt.

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

yyyeeeehhhhaaaa snow here for a change 2 inches so far and still snowing moderately heavy here but heading to fife soon to visit my mum so hopefully theres a faia bit through there aswell

Posted

Snowing lightly in St Andrews and lying on grassy surfaces - just slush on tarmac. I suppose any snowfall is noteworthy here but short-term slushy accumulations do little to excite. Maybe I'm just getting old ;-) Leuchars reporting 0c/-2c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Still moderate here in Edinburgh, lying on most surfaces but still not fill cover by any means, maybe a cm on the grass as it is lying on the trees.

Dividing line later on looks to be north of the Lomonds, northeast of Stirling for snow, but still another 2-3 hours at least for most of the middle and east of the country.

Posted

Still going which is not bad actually (I was up at about quarter to 5 for a pee and it seemed to be going then) 6 hour fall is actually pretty decent

Posted

been snowing lightly in aberdeen city all morning but not lying or really coming to anything. Just back from meeting in Westhill and its lying on the roads al be it a small amount. Looking at the radar the heaviest precipitation is stopping short over the higher ground with only lighter stuff getting through. Anyone ken if the intesity up in the north east is due to pick up later on?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Been light snow here all morning. Just passed 2 inches now! acute.gif

Got a great view from oot my window in Kilncraigs, what happened to the road gritting this morning, seems all the gritters are on thir hols. Temp seems to be holding well, just some signs of the wind wpicking up now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Steady rain now - very wet ground.

Just been thinking what yesterday's expedition would be like in today's conditions - probably very unpleasant, wet, cold, no views, constant map/compass/GPS work, and quite likely on my own too, wouldn't get anyone else to suffer that!

edit - 10 mins later, it's sleety again...

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

Still moderate here in Edinburgh, lying on most surfaces but still not fill cover by any means, maybe a cm on the grass as it is lying on the trees.

Dividing line later on looks to be north of the Lomonds, northeast of Stirling for snow, but still another 2-3 hours at least for most of the middle and east of the country.

Incredible that it's snowing in town when out here at the Gyle there is virtually nothing falling - and hasn't been most of the morning. No lying snow at all. A few flakes blowing about if you stare out the office window long enough.