Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion 05/02/13 08 -------->

A.J

Posted

Now rain/sleet/hail here but what a day - best snowfall since Nov/Dec 2010 with a depth of 7cm and I've enjoyed being out in it. The Reporting Scotland mob really did underestimate this whilst yesterday morning and I said that there was a real chance that today's event would be the best of the winter.

Posted

Raining here now. I'm happy to declare a complete non-event for this bit of Edinburgh. However it's been snowing all morning up at the house and judging by the view from the office window there's a decent enough covering.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

My wife got stuck in Menzieshill so I checked BBC Scotland travel and was amazed to see in current incidents Ninewells Avenue closed both ways due to snow. Also nearby roads have either crashes or traffic stuck on hills. Rather surprising as I thought that the area was priority due to Ninewells hospital.

Still steady moderate snow and slowly accumulating. Reminds me a bit of 12th Feb 2009 where the breakdown stuff stayed as snow all day in this area. Hopefully this will too though I expect rain by evening.

Edited by Norrance

Posted

1 cm of snow on grassy surfaces with slush on pavements here in St Andrews. Beginning to turn to rain now. Best snow event of the winter to date here.

Posted

Roads in Dundee are much worse than what I can see on the traffic cams outside of the city. I haven't seen a gritter/plough passing my window all day. Car probably stuck in the carpark....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

And here's the steady light rain in Embra South... bye-bye snaw, it was lovely to see you again, shame you couldn't stay longer...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Heavy snow here at the minute - not sure when it will turn to rain here? Shortly? A good inch or so at my house with more like 2 on the inch golf course. Lovely snow for a play and a sledge so would really like it to last until kids get home!

Posted

1.5c and driving sleet now. Miserable day. Very icy underfoot however with such cold frozen ground.If sky clears tonight I am sure we will see at least a ground frost.

Posted
  • Location: North Cumbria 160m asl overlooking the Solway coast.
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonally appropriate. Snow - not greedy - good above 1,500' fine
  • Location: North Cumbria 160m asl overlooking the Solway coast.

Upgraded to 50p fatties, fast falling but not snowing hard (low flake density) if that makes sense. Temp has been up and down. Currently got thaw / settling of existing snaw. Tree branches were white, now not.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Peltin doon wi snaw. Whiteoot. 2"+ lying. Road all white and snawy.

Aff tae the shops in the car.diablo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Roads are more covered now than they we're a few hours ago. I will now say that this easily best snow event since the november/december 2010 epic

Yeah? rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif Steady heavy fckn rain here, not quite the winter wonderland of 10/11...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Everything going largely as the mesoscales predicted so far - good snowfall for the west and central belt but starting to melt, snow lasting the longest around Perthshire, north Fife, Dundee and Angus (another 3 hours of snow probable here) and Edinburgh not faring brilliantly but still getting a bit of lying snow.

13021318_1312.gif

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Heavy rain for the last hour and a half. Only the roofs and grass still have snow on them.

Overall its been decent for grangemouth

Posted

Now raining sad.png

Still snow in Dundee although the temperature has went above freezing in the last hour. Want to head home whilst it is light so won't chance staying for it to turn to rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

A96 looks a bit interesting at the Glens of Foudland!

Currently closed in both directions. I first noticed that it was closed at 2:30pm when I checked the BBC Travel website for the NE, but it could have closed before then.

Edit: According to Traffic Scotland it's been closed since 12:50.

Edited by Ravelin

Posted

Upgraded to 50p flakes here in downtown Dundee as well. Biggest single snow event of the winter now. Good depth of lying snow both in town (low down) and further inland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snoooowwww with some thunderstorms on the side

Still snowing here, about an inch over everything.