Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion 10th February 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.

just over 3" of snow here in Bramley.

Just goes to show that spending time on the model thread trying to predict snow in 120+ hours time is a right old waste of time when they said we'd have 2-4cms today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Rain in Leeds centre noe

Posted

Hc it would have to last 2 to 3 wks though with ice days and severe frosts with the ne wind blowing the heavy snow showers right up to the pennines with only glimpses of the sun before the nxt big anvil moves in n pref in Jan!!!!! that asking to much?

Haha I think that would just about satisfy my cravings for snow :D

November-January 2009/10 (i think) came very close to that, but we did dodge an awfull lot of showers while middlesbrough/tynside/northumberland got murderd wallbash.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mild Spring , hot summer , crisp autumn and snowy cold winters

Started work just as the good stuff started falling and will almost vertainly be rain by the time I leave worj at 8pm wallbash.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Centre is ridiculous, gridlocked card, ambulances can barely move.

Posted

Currently heavy snow but the flakes are very small so not much is building up. We have a light cover but nothing measurable.

The temp is currently -0.1C, the first time its fallen below freezing since Saturday night.

Posted

just over 3" of snow here in Bramley.

Just goes to show that spending time on the model thread trying to predict snow in 120+ hours time is a right old waste of time when they said we'd have 2-4cms today.

Agreed.

Models for me are there to see trends and a FAIR idea of what MIGHT happen. In terms of snow in this country it's almost always a nowcasting affair...keeps my stress levels down as well!!

Posted

Steady snow here in Grimsby since around 3pm. Most areas have a covering but nothing more than that at the moment. Currently -1 which is the coldest its been here for a good while. Really hope next week delievers as the UKMO model is suggesting tonight.

Posted

Temp still dropping here, now -1.6c. Reports of some road closures on the Wolds and not much traffic getting through here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

Snowing nicely here for last hour got a covering blowing sideways that winds so cold

Posted

Steady snow here in Grimsby since around 3pm. Most areas have a covering but nothing more than that at the moment. Currently -1 which is the coldest its been here for a good while. Really hope next week delievers as the UKMO model is suggesting tonight.

Nice one mate.It's been an excellent snow event here and much better than i was expecting.Temp is -0.8c.

Posted

Good covering here to will turn to rain in an few hours so will be washed away shame. Must say i have enjoyed this last month or so of weather being plenty of interesting events even if it has been marginal at times imby but think most of us have had some decent falls to satisfy us snow lovers. Beats horrible cold wet and windy crud anytime and most of the falls have come from frontal systems three including this can't remember the last time that happened here especially in such an short space of time instead of showers off the North sea so an pleasant change. Shame we didn't really get any low temps and clear nights being very dull alot of the time. Must admit though looking forward to some sunshine and dare i say it mild weather for abit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Started work just as the good stuff started falling and will almost vertainly be rain by the time I leave worj at 8pm wallbash.gif

Will do a rain dance just for you

Posted

Been alright here! Just had a couple of hours of moderate snowfall with heavier bursts blowing in horizontally! a real decent covering, but hard to judge cos of the drifting.

Temp dropped from 1.5C to -1.1C when the front arrived. Still at -1.1C now and still coming down decently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mild Spring , hot summer , crisp autumn and snowy cold winters

Will do a rain dance just for you

ahh thanks ! a snow dance would be better like..

Edited by Letitsnowyorkshire

Posted

A very pleasing covering in Brigg. If it's gone tomorrow so be it, at least I was in on the snow unlike Sunday which saw snow just 20miles away in Lincoln and rain here.

Fingers crossed UKMO will bring in something from the more reliable East to end off winter - done OK from these westerly based snow events but they're always marginal and involve too much nail biting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow in Winter!

Got nearly an inch here, main roads covered still coming down quite heavy and temp below freezing.