Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion 10th February 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Its rather ironic how the snow potential appeared to be for south east england, or at least that's the impression I got on the mod discussion thread. Yet the met office places the highest risk over NE England.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

yes i thought that too, Kent was supposed to be in the main firing line.

I noticed there was PPN on the radar down there this morning and today but no one has realy mentioned anything as far as i can see.....

Im hopefull we will see some flakes tonight in Yorkshire, the main BBC weather and Look North both showed the white graphics quite widely for a while

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Its rather ironic how the snow potential appeared to be for south east england, or at least that's the impression I got on the mod discussion thread. Yet the met office places the highest risk over NE England.

As does NAE.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Hope it stays away as taking the kids to York

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

A few flakes falling here, time to head over to raintoday.

According to the radar, most of the shower activity is in Kent and the SE.

Essentially its going to be a quiet night.

Edited by djrikki

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

There's just been a light snow flurry here. Snow showers are penetrating well inland, though are losing a significant amount of their intensity when crossing the North York Moors, but I stand a chance of a dusting tomorrow morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Shower activity now picking up around the number area

Good luck all in this region, hope you all get good numbers in terms of inches of snow.laugh.png

Posted

*humber bloody phone predictive text lol. Yorkshire Wolds will get a nice covering tomorrow morning

Posted

Light snow falling.

Hope it stays away as taking the kids to York

Highly doubt any snow that falls will be enough to cause disruption. 2 - 5 cm at best, I'd expect a mere dusting here.

Posted

Seems to be a really hefty splodge of snow coming in from the north east now. I hope the ny moors don't "eat up" all the activity for us in west yorks!

A nice band passing frustratingly close to e north of me. 20 miles further sou and we'd probably have a decent covering. Instead it's bone dry (and frigid!)

Posted

Looks like north east of here are going to get a good fall of snow today, I just can't see that stream of showers changing trajectory and been further south. Could be 10cm in some spots by the end of today.

Seems to be a really hefty splodge of snow coming in from the north east now. I hope the ny moors don't "eat up" all the activity for us in west yorks!

A nice band passing frustratingly close to e north of me. 20 miles further sou and we'd probably have a decent covering. Instead it's bone dry (and frigid!)

It looks like 2010 all over again to me, us missing most of the snow showers while middlesbrough, stockton on tees get it all dry.png

Edit: Hmmmm looking at the radar again though I may well be wrong, that big blob off the east coast does look like it will head further south than the initial showers, we will see!

Edited by Harsh Climate

Posted

Looks like north east of here are going to get a good fall of snow today, I just can't see that stream of showers changing trajectory and been further south. Could be 10cm in some spots by the end of today.

It looks like 2010 all over again to me, us missing most of the snow showers while middlesbrough, stockton on tees get it all dry.png

Edit: Hmmmm looking at the radar again though I may well be wrong, that big blob off the east coast does look like it will head further south than the initial showers, we will see!

Yes, I've been trying to crudely work out the trajectory based on movements over the past hour or so. It does seem to be coming in at a slightly more southerly angle off the coast, and the wind looks like it is coming from a NNE direction, so in two to three hours we could be in on the action... Just!

Posted

Actually seems to be speeding up, and based on the trajectory the latest output suggests at we will get something from this. I would estimate snowfall in about 2 hours for our region!

Posted

I agree that second bigger batch is already further south plus its trajectory looks a bit further south too. I think western most parts of yorkshire are definatly in the firing line and this zone will probably be as far east as centre of leeds at least.

Posted

Yes looking extremely tight. I think central Leeds east should just miss out. Further north and west from there the odds increase. I'd say it's probably 50-50 for my and your area at the moment. I await the next radar update to see which way the odds go!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Woke up to 2" here near Newcastle and its coming down heavy with large flakes.

Posted

Yes looking extremely tight. I think central Leeds east should just miss out. Further north and west from there the odds increase. I'd say it's probably 50-50 for my and your area at the moment. I await the next radar update to see which way the odds go!

I think we will see some snow but amounts will be really quite varied.

Posted
  • Location: Settle in the Yorkshire Dales at 145m asl North Ribblesdale
  • Location: Settle in the Yorkshire Dales at 145m asl North Ribblesdale

Very slight covering here at the moment.

http://settlehydro.h...m=1361608183634

Posted

Light snow here but not amounting to much. Main shower activity seems to be just north of here.

Same here, light snow and a dusting and you're further North than here!!!!

Posted

Steady light snow. That area of PPN to the NE has really pepped up.