IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 14th February 2013 14:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Lots of love and hugs to John at this very difficult time. John make sure you look after yourself over the coming weeks.

Lollipop thoughts with you too and congratulations Leemondo. :)

The posts on here overnight and this morning have made me very emotional and I do love this family on here almost as much (and sometimes more) than my own family. I am so proud to be a member of this community.

In other news, it is dull n 6.1c here this morning. Hoping for some sun later on as will be spending some time in the garden.

Guest bjaykent

Good morning all, firstly congratulations to Leemondo what a great start to the day, better start saving for University LOL!

Some superb model runs this morning effectively bringing the next cold spell into a more reliable timeframe, GFS show cold uppers just beginning to breach the UK from the east at 96hrs with some snow arriving (difficult to say how much) in roughly the same time frame, UKMO has got over its slight wobble this morning and is showing a similar evolution to GFS and ECM also has cold uppers into the south east by 120hrs. I think it is safe to say with some solid model agreement this morning that a cold snap is definitely coming now, details of the snow will firm up over the next few days.

Proud to be a member of this forum, particularly over the last couple of days, lets hope the snow delivers.

Here are some charts to illustrate the above.cold.gif

post-16390-0-13735000-1361005620_thumb.p

post-16390-0-67580200-1361005668_thumb.g

post-16390-0-62244600-1361005683_thumb.g

post-16390-0-61536800-1361005722_thumb.g

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Echo all the sentiments above and congratulations to you and your family Lee and welcome Noah . Perhaps your wife has another little surprise waiting for you in the next couple of hours, 2 x 2 and all that!

It must be a sign, could it be that its going to snow for 40 days and 40 nights, 'ark at me. Sorry, too early for all this!

All joking aside, as CK stated above, make sure you're there for him as he's growing up.

I missed some important time with my son in his early years and wished I had that time again. He's 31 now and very ill and I'm trying to be there for him now but I cant replace all that missed time.

He's a lovely lad and has such a kind, caring nature and a great sense of humour, despite his illness. Real positive news is that we've recently been told that we're going to be moving to specially adapted property, in a more pleasant area, which will be a great relief to all the family.

To John, I really hope you had a peaceful night and find the strength to get through the coming days, you will! I'm sure many of us have been there and even if you're on auto-pilot for a while, you'll get get stronger and more positive, with time.

I'll be thinking of you, across the rooftops of Croydon today!

Same to you Lollipop, I hope your news improves over the week-end, we're all thinking of you.

Finally, I suppose I'd better put the draw up again for the 3rd Round of the Snow Depth Cup, in a while.

Dont want to jinx things though!

Try and have a nice day, fellow south-easterners.

Best wishes,

Tom.

Posted

If things turn out like some of the current model output for the end of next week we could potentially see a snow event covering quite a long period. It looks to be a bit more to the East on this mornings GFS, but that will chop and change. The main thing is that this has been showing for quite a few runs and across a few different models.

150_20.gif

Data only out to Saturday midnight currently, but its still going strong in the SE:

192_20.gif

What are the red snaky things on the lower pic Coast ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

For those of you that are still involved, here is that draw. I suppose I could arrange a few friendlies for any of you interested or were knocked out in the last 2 rounds, like myself (stuck in a non-snowy location).

Btw, forgot to mention, saw 3 gritting lorries on the way home last night, in the space of a few minutes.

Must have been an explosion in the local branch of Iceland, c'mon this is Saarff East London, not Verkhoyansk!

The draw for the 3rd Round of the London/S.E. Snow Depth Cup:

Leigh-on-Sea (E) (PAUL SHERMAN) v. South Ockenden (E) (CRAZY DIAMOND)

Little Wakering (E) (ESSEXGOONER) v. Rayleigh (E) (VESUVIUS)

Dartford (K) (CHARLTON KERRY) v. Addington (Sur) (SNOWBOB)

Barnet (H) (SUBURBAN STREAMER) v. Surrey ? (LONDON SNOW)

Bromley (K) (JAN_BROMLEY) v. Uckfield (Sus) (TOM JARVIS)

Ongar (E) (JO S) v. Bushey (H) (SVALIJI)

Waltham Abbey (E) (JOHN MAC) v. N.W.Kent ? (KENTSPUR)

Bromley (K) (BROMLEY PILGRIM) v. Folkestone (K) (LOTTIEKENT)

S.W.London (FLUID DYNAMIC) v. Northwood (L) (BLUEBREEZER54)

Swanley (K) (SNOWBLUES) v. Crayford (K) (MIKE STORM)

N.W.Kent (LAUREN) v. Welwyn (H) (PIXEL)

Bexleyheath (K) (SNOW RAVEN) v. Chigwell (E) (ARCHIESMUMMY)

Hopefully we'll get some oppurtunities for snowfall, later this week! whistling.gif

Regards,

Tom.

Edited by TomSE20

Posted

What are the red snaky things on the lower pic Coast ??

Freezing drizzle or rain:

international-weather-symbols.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

good morning everyone :)

firstly much love to JP xx I'm really sorry to hear about your Dad. Its truly devestating to lose anyone close to you, especially a parent. I lost my Mum 4 years ago, she died pretty suddenly after 6 weeks of illness and she was only 45. I've felt totally lost without her ever since. Over time the good and happy memories overtake the raw ones you feel at the time of their parting as others have said. There will always be that hole in your heart though. Take great comfort in the fact that you were there with him right til the end. He would've known that and it would've been such a comfort to him too. Take care of yourself JP xx

Big congrats to Leemondo on the birth of baby Noah <3 I hope Mum is doing well and wish her a speedy recovery. Enjoy your little man :) x

And wishing Lollypops Mum is better very soon xx

Lets hope we have some snowy weather soon to cheer us up & keep us occupied

Posted

hi chris

thanks

its true its better to keep busy at present

and the support on here at present has brought a few tears to my eyes

in a nice way as it shows there is still a decent amount of people around still

next few days will be very tough but i know it will get easier

just so you know my father passed away with a big heart attack and i was

with him at the time

i tried cpr and the paramedics did as well

when he got to hospital in resasitation they could only get a weak

heart beat so me and my other half sat there with him while he died

my father was my dad and my best friend and i will miss him so much

sorry for cluttering the thread but thought it would be nice for everyone to know

the funeral will be sometime next week and hopefully things will get easier with time

john x

Although your heart is breaking at the moment, there will be a time when you will be so glad that you - and the one you love - were with your Dad when he passed on. And be assured, he will have known you were there with him.If you spoke to him, he would have heard what you said. You were a true and loving son for him when he most needed it. Be proud of yourself.

Love, Sue x

Posted

Just got in after a looooooooong night, and i am proud to announce my wife gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, we have named him Noah, 8lb on the nose, she had a tough time as baby decided to wrap the cord around himself a couple of times, so forceps were needed, then she had to have a bit of minor surgery, but everyone is ok now, and i got to spend 1 1/2 hours with my newborn just me and him smile.png

time to catch some ZZZzzzzzzz's now, hope everyone has a great weekend, and that those in mourning and sorrow, find some peace and comfort, hopefully my good news will help them to feel a bit better smile.png

Congratulations on your new baby boy drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Just got in after a looooooooong night, and i am proud to announce my wife gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, we have named him Noah, 8lb on the nose, she had a tough time as baby decided to wrap the cord around himself a couple of times, so forceps were needed, then she had to have a bit of minor surgery, but everyone is ok now, and i got to spend 1 1/2 hours with my newborn just me and him :)

time to catch some ZZZzzzzzzz's now, hope everyone has a great weekend, and that those in mourning and sorrow, find some peace and comfort, hopefully my good news will help them to feel a bit better :)

Congratulations mate :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning you lovely bunch of people,

I just want to echo the thoughts and sentiments of others on here and pass on my condolences to John (I lost my Mum just over 5 years ago so I know what a tough time your having) best wishes to Lollypop and her Mum for a speedy recovery, and huge congratulations to Leemondo and family on the safe arrival of Noah (my first born was a forceps birth and it's not pleasant but it's amazing how quick you forget the pain when you hold the baby) ....and hugs to anyone else who needs one today friends.gif

I've had an early jaunt this morning, it's dry reasonably mild and quite pleasant out there, I was warm enough in a sweatshirt and body warmer rather than my big coat which made a change - have a great weekend folks angel.gif

Guest bjaykent

Freezing drizzle or rain:

international-weather-symbols.gif

If this was a takeaway I would order 75, 97,98 & 99, just as often irritatingly happens I reckon 98 would be missing from the order when it arrived. But it would be very cool to have a thunderstorm and a sandstorm at the same time would make the snow a bit yellow thoughhelp.gif !

Posted

Hello everyone.

I am new here. But have been a member of Netweather for some time. I do sometimes post in the Model thread (when brave enough!)

Seems you have a nice community spirit going on here, which is very nice.

Looking at the charts they look amazing for us in the SE. All we need is sustained easterly for a couple of days then I think snow eh?

Be gentle.

Simon

good.gif

Posted

Hello everyone.

I am new here. But have been a member of Netweather for some time. I do sometimes post in the Model thread (when brave enough!)

Seems you have a nice community spirit going on here, which is very nice.

Looking at the charts they look amazing for us in the SE. All we need is sustained easterly for a couple of days then I think snow eh?

Be gentle.

Simon

good.gif

Hi Simon :)

I'm new here too and can say that this lot in here are a lovely bunch.

Looking forward to some snow next week :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Just got in after a looooooooong night, and i am proud to announce my wife gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, we have named him Noah, 8lb on the nose, she had a tough time as baby decided to wrap the cord around himself a couple of times, so forceps were needed, then she had to have a bit of minor surgery, but everyone is ok now, and i got to spend 1 1/2 hours with my newborn just me and him :)

time to catch some ZZZzzzzzzz's now, hope everyone has a great weekend, and that those in mourning and sorrow, find some peace and comfort, hopefully my good news will help them to feel a bit better :)

Great stuff Leemondo, allways such a good feeling when they are born safe and well.

Posted

Hi Simon smile.png

I'm new here too and can say that this lot in here are a lovely bunch.

Looking forward to some snow next week smile.png

I'm new too, though been a member for a while, and I think the loving, compassionate spirit in here is uplifting and wonderful. As someone said, the Circle of Life has truly been manifest in the last few days, and the warm caring of so many people is just lovely. Even if we were in the middle of the snowiest, bitterest, freeze-up ever (I wish!) I think everyone in the Netweather Forum would be warm as toast with all the love and kindness.

There, had to say that 'cos it's true.

Love, Sue

x

Posted

I may not post a lot but I'm on here most days (I've been a member of almost 10 years), I have to say this is the most friendly and informative forum I'm a member of, this has been proven over the last couple of days, my thoughts go out to John and Lollypop, stay strong.

We all sit in front of our computers and talk about the weather, however it makes me very proud of this thread that although we don't know a person and could walk past them in the street we can be there to provide a little support when times are difficult. Having read a number of posts my heart goes out to all of you have lost dear ones and you are an inspiration to us all in the way you have been able to move forward and talk about your experiences.

Having meet some of you before Christmas I know what a great bunch of people you are and hopefully in the future there will be more chances for us all to get together.

Chris

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

I would just like to say what a lovely bunch you guys are on here .My mum is still very very poorly .I would just like also to express my deepest sympathy to you John & i hope you find some comfort in the days ahead from all the messages on here. Im on here because im trying to keep my mind occupied otherwise i might go mad . In bad times its so lovely to know that people care .It just makes you realise ,you have to make every day count . Life can be so tough ! On a happier note its nice to hear that a little baby is on the way soon for our other friend on here ! God bless each & everyone of you .Your all lovely .sorry to be ot xx

Best wishes to your Mumsmile.png . And despite your own worries, you have written a very thoughful and considerate post there too.

Posted

its true its better to keep busy at present

and the support on here at present has brought a few tears to my eyes

in a nice way as it shows there is still a decent amount of people around still

next few days will be very tough but i know it will get easier

just so you know my father passed away with a big heart attack and i was

with him at the time

i tried cpr and the paramedics did as well

when he got to hospital in resasitation they could only get a weak

heart beat so me and my other half sat there with him while he died

my father was my dad and my best friend and i will miss him so much

sorry for cluttering the thread but thought it would be nice for everyone to know

the funeral will be sometime next week and hopefully things will get easier with time

john x

Firstly John I too am sorry for your loss, just reading your post brought a tear to my eye as it just reminds us all how important and precious our families are and that we should cherish every moment we are given.

Back to the weather and things next week look like becoming interesting again re cold and snow potential! It's a little ironic that possibly the best and last cold spell of the winter will be while I'm on holiday! I love snow as much as the next person but I fly to Barbados Thursday morning and the last thing I want is a delay getting there!

After I'm safely airborne I hope you all get buried in snow and take plenty of pics so I can see what I'm missing!! :)

M

Posted

This may sound like a really stupid question but here goes anyway!

Can someone explain precipitation amounts when they relate to snowfall? My apps are now showing snowfall from Weds/Thurs and going into the weekend but they seem like tiny amounts e.g 0.6 mm over a 3 hour period. If this goes on for a few days, will that amount to much?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

Just been catching up with everything..............life sure is a rollercoaster............thoughts and love sent to everyone..............x

Dull and cloudy here..........