Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 14th February 2013 14:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Invasion of spring rolls and yellow fog. Whatever next.

That reminds me, my company are having a belated Xmas do at an Indian Restaurant, with Karaoke too.

Got any ideas of songs to perform. This so far.

Tears on my pilau.

24 hours from Tilda (Gene Chutneys version of course).

Korma Chameleon.

Give me a Naan after midnight.

I'll get my coat!hi.gif

Cheers,

Tom

Papadom Preach

Tikka chance on me

Madras, Madras they call it Madras

Sag A Doo-Doo Doo

Aloo......is it me your thinking of.

Wheres that coat rack again ?

Posted

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/gens_display.php?x=315&y=145&run=12&runpara=0&type=0&ext=1

short gfs ensembles look very cold and pretty strong agreement as well drinks.gif

Edited by john pike

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Ian just posted about it being 'moister' although I am not sure what he means!

Posted

I promise I'm not Chair of the Ian F fan club, he just says that technical stuff so much better than I ever could and today, when you read stuff like this, you can see how complicated and still so far away a decent forecast is to make:

It's perhaps also trying to pick-up on some SE Channel enhancement through convergence. Flow not optimal by Sunday for Thames Estuary convergence but it is more so for a standard SE Channel gig.

If you want that snow (I do good.gif) we are really currently relying on something that just isn't there at the moment (some form of disturbance) but if it did show up, it could make a difference. It's more about interpretation and 'what lies beneath' than any positive or negative signs from the present model runs.

Edit, just seen John Pikes post above !!! :doh:

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

It looked a good chart for snow, looking at the temperatures and reasonably saturated air through a lot of the lower atmosphere; a long way off though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Wetter damper could mean anything, more ppn then thought, lot's of fog. Who knows lol, what was the rest?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Stunning day again here today in Petts Wood/Locksbottom borders(that's 2 days on the trot now, that hasn't happened in 2013 so that's a first!)Max temp 7.7 degrees but now sun gone down temp dropping like a stone as already down to 4.3 degrees.

Things certainly looking interesting for South East at end of the week and into weekend/early part of next week but we will just have to be patient and see what the models produce in next 48/72 hours as whenever the word snow is mentioned in the forecast the Met Office seem to be very cautious and seem to put disclaimers in their forecast as snow is never as easy to forecast as rain!!Hope this potential cold spell provides us all with more(in snow terms) than the previous spells in Jan and the other week(from an imby perspective)!!good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Evening all. Back in Norwich and its cold and well....just cold really. Pretty boring if you ask me. I've not been about here lately because I've been very busy trying to meet a deadline.

Hope everyone is well and happy. :D

Posted

MT8_London_ens.png

cold 21st-26th

snow ????

note the warmer spell from the 26th is getting watered down

watch these for 12z tomorrow to see where the 26th shows on the ensembles

at present it shows mean as exactly the same as average

also spot the cold ensembles now showing from 1st march

around 5 or 6

ecm next mega_shok.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Well what a glorious day today. I have taken a few days off work to prolong my birthday celebrations. Me are Mrs LD took our boys to the country park today. We feed the squirrels and ducks and searched for different type of insects. We had clear blue skies and a perfectly dazzling sun today, albeit a bit on the cold side. So if we don't end up with snow during this next episode of winter, I'm for sure going to get out and about and enjoy it, because you know what will happen...... Rain rain and more rain come spring and summer :-D enjoy your evening guys. All eyes down for the ECM.

Guest bjaykent

anyone got a skyliner and a large bucket laugh.png

Evening John, just got in to look at later stages of ECM LOL easterly right out to 216hrs.

Edit right out to 240hrs lol don't think I have ever seen an easterly persists that long

Edited by bjaykent

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Evening John, just got in to look at later stages of ECM LOL easterly right out to 216hrs.

Bank lol.

Posted

hi bjaykent

ECM1-240.GIF?18-0

still there at 240

on paper that looks warm

maybe a tad warmer daytime

freezing at night

still say watch the low to our west

that could still pull the high pressure to north and west

happy tonight with these

finer detail wednesday or even thursday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

hi bjaykent

ECM1-240.GIF?18-0

still there at 240

on paper that looks warm

maybe a tad warmer daytime

freezing at night

still say watch the low to our west

that could still pull the high pressure to north and west

happy tonight with these

finer detail wednesday or even thursday

Think warm is going a bit far lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Now 5 days without a cigarette after smoking for 38 years, and I still haven't killed anyone.

Well done that man! (or womanrofl.gif )good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep snow, thunderstorms, heatwaves

I feel we could be on the brink of something very special this weekend, if there is not a Thames streamer over the weekend it will be the biggest shock since Mike Tyson got his ass kicked by Buster Douglas.

Everything is falling into place, wind direction, uppers, activity on the continent, wind speed

Even a big beast on here is talking of a foot of snow so we could be on the brink of something that will be talked about on here for years to come

Fingers crossed

Posted

I feel we could be on the brink of something very special this weekend, if there is not a Thames streamer over the weekend it will be the biggest shock since Mike Tyson got his ass kicked by Buster Douglas.

Everything is falling into place, wind direction, uppers, activity on the continent, wind speed

Even a big beast on here is talking of a foot of snow so we could be on the brink of something that will be talked about on here for years to come

Fingers crossed

What is it about people from Croydon?

Posted

Fingers crossed

I will leave it to the more experienced and respected members of the forum to comment on this.

Edited by Bluebreezer54

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Fingers crossed

So youre a glass half full kind of guy, maybe you could really help out in model thread

Posted

I think some people need to calm down alittle in this forum.

Whilst everyone is entitled to their opinion, I am slightly chuckling at some of the ramps on here.nea.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy winters

Hi all, A question for John Pike and Steve Murr. Whats your thoughts on Piers Corbyn, regarding his believes on the way he forecast's the weather.