South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 14th February 2013 14:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Guest bjaykent

oh i better not forget the 4th

gfs-0-324.png?18

gfs-1-324.png?18

gfs-2-324.png?18

rofl.gif

Thanks John, looks impressive, shame it is GFS in deepest FI LOL. I will enjoy my birthday whatever the weather I guess! Edited by bjaykent

Posted

Foggy here. Plane delays tomorrow no doubt. Can hear them going over tonight but seems muffled in fog.

I can confirm BA are already delaying/cancelling flights in the morning due to forecast fog and low cloud at Heathrow and asking for volunteer staff to help deal with the problems. Oddly enough there is no fog at all here in Nw London

Edited by Bluebreezer54

Posted

I can confirm BA are already delaying/cancelling flights in the morning due to forecast fog and low cloud at Heathrow and asking for volunteer staff to help deal with the problems. Oddly enough there is no fog at all here in Nw London

Yep can't see what the fuss is about atm tbh clear as a bell and frosty here in sw london.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Fog lifting here, but was thick around hour ago. We live in a field with lake at bottom and so no doubt helps feed the fog. I would think..

Certainly a bit Parkie this evening!!

Posted

Yep can't see what the fuss is about atm tbh clear as a bell and frosty here in sw london.

Well in fairness BA have to plan ahead for any eventuality, so it makes sense for them to have contingency plans in place. Thats what they are doing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

It gets to us in london at day break, they think it may be a slow lifter too. cray.gif

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

post just done on mad thread by ian fergusion

Just a quick note re Saturday, with 12z UKMO-GM offering a much sharper, pronounced upper shortwave trough moving NE to SW as the cyclonic influence of the continental vortex edges closer at the weekend. Latest run much more developed with this feature versus previous output and ensembles, hence treated with due caution regarding reliability currently.... but MOGREPS snow probability mapping (wIdespread 60% - 90% signal across much of S & central UK on Sat) coupled to interesting albeit not excessively worrying snow accumulation prognosis from UK4-Extended means we'll be keeping close tabs on this one in further runs next few days. Cheers.

at least i beat him to it rofl.gif

Posted

Just a quick note re Saturday, with 12z UKMO-GM offering a much sharper, pronounced upper shortwave trough moving NE to SW as the cyclonic influence of the continental vortex edges closer at the weekend. Latest run much more developed with this feature versus previous output and ensembles, hence treated with due caution regarding reliability currently.... but MOGREPS snow probability mapping (wIdespread 60% - 90% signal across much of S & central UK on Sat) coupled to interesting albeit not excessively worrying snow accumulation prognosis from UK4-Extended means we'll be keeping close tabs on this one in further runs next few days. Cheers.

Thanks John, I guessed it was good but didn't know how to post from another thread!!

Guest bjaykent

Think he copied you John.

Posted

Thanks John, I guessed it was good but didn't know how to post from another thread!!

hi stevie

i just copy and paste

about the easiest way to do it drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I think Fergie just ramped up snow for Saturday on the mod thread.... I could be wrong (lots of long words!) so you may need to check!!

[

True you said exactly the same thing lol.

Posted

It gets to us in london at day break, they think it may be a slow lifter too. cray.gif

Sounds about right alexisj. Ba are currently planning delays/cancellations between 0700-1100 hours

Posted

hi stevie

i just copy and paste

about the easiest way to do it drinks.gif

Yep I guess that would have done it!! Doh! It's late, that's my excuse :) thanks for the charts and posts, I really appreciate the time you take to post them. :)

Posted

Reursst.gif

sea temps brrrrrrrr

PPVO89.gif?31415

saturdays fax has a long drawn and cold easterly flow

troughs which should get pulled towards us

tempertures around 0 and a bitter wind chill

sorry jason

i will do a full forecast on wednesday night

Posted

MT8_London_ens.png

18z cold

precip 23rd to 25th drinks.gif

still the 26th on the mean

notice the warmer spell from the 26th is not so warm

is the 18z so wait for the 12z to see how we stand

Guest bjaykent

Was similar to that here Monday morning clear and frosty at 6.00am and pea souper by 7.00am and all gone by 8.30am, looks like it might last longer this morning. Clear and frosty here at the moment.

Posted

Haha

Yes the Met Guys are expecting it to transfer down the estuary later.

-0.5c Temp and -2c Dewpoint so it is low lying fog at the moment, can still just about see the moon but would expect it to thicken further once the temp and dewpoint equalise each other.