Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 18/02/13 20z --->

AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

yep, the slate grey skies are getting monotonous it has to be said!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

People were actually moaning about the 1976 summer heat, When it finally did break down and rain, there were people out in street with joyous relieve, I remember the first smell of rain hitting the parched ground, There was violent storm that hit Birmingham area on 13th sept,,,,,Will never forget that storm, Spent my life on fire and Ambulance service, seen many incidents, but that storm remains memory for me,, Attended local park where horse and rider struck by lightning, neither survived strike, My caution of thunderstorms remain with me to this day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Cloudy and 4.1°C.

I keep reading posts everywhere about some 'Spring warmth' next week .. parts of the country have seen 12's and 13's back in January and February, it's hardly what i would call Spring warmth, especially in between periods of rain or showers. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

I keep reading posts everywhere about some 'Spring warmth' next week .. parts of the country have seen 12's and 13's back in January and February, it's hardly what i would call Spring warmth, especially in between periods of rain or showers. :lol:

I totally agree with that but I didn't want to say anything as I thought I was the only one there.

With unsettled weather returning next week, it won't feel too much milder than this week in the rain, despite much milder air temperatures.

Although under any sunny spells, it should feel very pleasant and warm, its just will there be much in the way of sunny spells?

Posted

Cloudy and 4.1°C.

You are right,, Very standard early March weather, Even if temps rise above average for early March, rain and winds will not make it feel warm. One thing though the nights are slowly getting lighter. If we get any bright afternoons will feel much better and give chance to get outside,

post-18298-0-88369600-1362234292_thumb.j

Edited by cerneman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I've just been out in the garden for a few hours, removed a tree and done the usual weeding and tyding up. The sun came out, quite hazy but it felt nice though.

I'm also about to buy a brand new pond pump as my other two packed up. sad.png

The pond looked like this last Summer ..

post-15177-0-02691400-1362236564_thumb.j

It's not looking like that at the moment, quite the opposite!

Posted

I've just been out in the garden for a few hours, removed a tree and done the usual weeding and tyding up. The sun came out, quite hazy but it felt nice though.

I'm also about to buy a brand new pond pump as my other two packed up. sad.png

The pond looked like this last Summer ..

post-15177-0-02691400-1362236564_thumb.j

It's not looking like that at the moment, quite the opposite!

Like photo of your pond from last year, Heron cleared my pond, Revamped it with plenty hideaways for fish,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well spring has sprung today with lovely sunny skies this afternoon after a few snow flurrys first thing.

Warmest day of spring so far... 4.8c a real scorcher! rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Like photo of your pond from last year, Heron cleared my pond, Revamped it with plenty hideaways for fish,

My mothers partner keeps fish and had a heron visit twice but on the second visit lets just say the fish had the last laugh rolleyes.gif

Think there was a clay pigeonpleasantry.gif shoot going on in his garden...

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Goodly weather today...So I Can take Jemmas Coat off....

Posted

My mothers partner keeps fish and had a heron visit twice but on the second visit lets just say the fish had the last laugh rolleyes.gif

Think there was a clay pigeonpleasantry.gif shoot going on in his garden...

Could be better the devil we know,,,,,,,,,,,

post-18298-0-64485700-1362253044_thumb.j

Edited by cerneman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

certainly a cold one tonight...already icing up out there....current temp -0.6C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Yeah, that was Jemma Cooper last night. We have had a below average month in terms of rainfall and now we need rain!

I would hazard a guess some of our Somerset and Devon residents would have a different opinion on that.

A dry March and we will be back in drought conditions no doubt! blum.gif

If Jemma Cooper mentions lack of rain or drought she is likely to have a rain gauge shoved somewhere the sun doesn't shine. smile.png

Chilly tonight, currently -1.6c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Morning all, a cold one last night low of -4.6c before the cloud rolled in again

Fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Looking forward to some warmer weather next week, not so looking forward to the cooler weather the week after unless it snows.

Birthday on the 14th of this month and I turn 38, never had snow on my birthday, so I guess there is always a first time.

Edited by SteveB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Snow and ice in the middle of march in cornwall,no chance!!

Have a look at this

http://www.nmmc.co.uk/index.php?/collections/featured_pictures/the_great_blizzard_of_1891

I live two fields away from where the bay of panama came ashore,and walk the dogs there most evenings.

Often imagine what it must have been like that night.

Posted

slate grey skies again this morning....fingers crossed though a repeat of yesterday, as the afternoon was beautiful!

Posted

2.4c with light breeze, grey sky, Is there thunderstorm tracking site? Know lots people look for summer storms and wonder how would track if chance storm crops up in summer,

Posted

2.4c with light breeze, grey sky, Is there thunderstorm tracking site? Know lots people look for summer storms and wonder how would track if chance storm crops up in summer,

Don't know about "thunderstorm" per se.

I know that the NW radar tracks lightning, so that can be used. I know the IOW weather site has a good lightning detection system that I use during the summer.

I also know that there was a product that the french meto were testing years ago to track thunderstorms, it was great, what happened to I dont know because it was just what was needed.

Be interesting to hear if something like that had been resurected, I used it a lot.

Posted

Don't know about "thunderstorm" per se.

I know that the NW radar tracks lightning, so that can be used. I know the IOW weather site has a good lightning detection system that I use during the summer.

I also know that there was a product that the french meto were testing years ago to track thunderstorms, it was great, what happened to I dont know because it was just what was needed.

Be interesting to hear if something like that had been resurected, I used it a lot.

Thanks for that information, Yes I did mean lightning detector, If you do find another site apart from IOW, Would you kindly let me know,,,,,,,,Thanks

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

slate grey sky here too.Temperature not alot!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

It looks like winter might want one last fling with us;

post-12721-0-29328400-1362307121_thumb.j

Anyone wanting a repeat of March 2012 or indeed anything springlike might have to make do with any sunny spells in the coming week.

Anyone wanting a return to conditions we have had over the past week or two then you could be in luck as if it did turn colder in week 2, it would be similiar to what we have just had unfortunetly.

Posted

Thanks for that information, Yes I did mean lightning detector, If you do find another site apart from IOW, Would you kindly let me know,,,,,,,,Thanks

There is a good site, which pick up on cells etc, and usually give a sort of warning if there's potential for storms etc... But I can't remember what it's called!! :aggressive:

Edited by dec10snow

Posted

Anyone wanting a return to conditions we have had over the past week or two then you could be in luck as if it did turn colder in week 2, it would be similiar to what we have just had unfortunetly.

As in, endless days of boring, dull, rubbish, depressing, annoying, stupid, pointless grey cloud?!! :p