Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 21st February 2013 18:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Whilst the focus has been on the Thames maybe its the Wash that some of us should keep an eye on.

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2013/02/21/basis18/ukuk/prty/13022212_2118.gif

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2013/02/21/basis18/ukuk/prty/13022312_2118.gif

fax48s.gif?21-12

Far more evidence from the above suggests its the Wash rather than the Thames that could see more in the way of snow.

I thought u disliked the nae and find it unreliable? Last snow event u were telling us all how u use the gfs over the nae?

Back to tonight, Imby I'm gonna wait to see what that precip around lowestoft does before calling it a night....

Edited by Suburban Streamer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Persistant light snow here in Suffolk.......

Bitter outside

NH

Well let's hope it keeps building eh? :D

Posted

Whilst the focus has been on the Thames maybe its the Wash that some of us should keep an eye on.

http://expert-images...022212_2118.gif

http://expert-images...022312_2118.gif

http://www.meteociel...ax48s.gif?21-12

Far more evidence from the above suggests its the Wash rather than the Thames that could see more in the way of snow.

Been a while since a good Wash Streamer got going. Conditions on Saturday look very good.

Posted

Posted

Does anyone know what the precipitation is falling as over Brighton right now? I am in Tun Wells but need to drive to Brighton tomorrow afternoon - I am sure I will be fine.

Nothing as off this minute, if it was to be anything I'm sure it would be snow tho

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

That ppn over Suffolk and N Essex is continuing to build out in the North Sea, could be interesting...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

http://www.dailymail...mperatures.html

when you see these stories

it makes snow in march not such an odd idea search.gif

That damn global war....oh no sorry it's climate change now isn't it rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms

Well let's hope it keeps building eh? biggrin.png

To right sno problem.....

Certainly an increase in precipitation on the MetO radar the last hour across Suffolk and Essex......... which is heading your way biggrin.png

NH

Posted

gfs-0-336.png?18

gfs-1-336.png?18

gfs-2-348.png?18

gfs-12-336.png?18

gfs-13-348.png?18

would be interesting

rofl.gif

8th of March?!?! Are you mad! There is the hint of some ensemble agreement last time I looked after the current cold gets filled in, but still!!! And anyway the minute the sun comes out in March, it would take an exceptional amount of snow cover to be retained during the day. I remember even this time in Feb 2010 when I had a foot in the shade, and nothing in the sun - but the current conditions are colder than that, under cloudy skies. Next door is rented and poorly maintained so I was surprised tonight to find a foot long icicle hanging off their gutters. I didn't think it was that cold. Bodes well I suppose!

Posted

PPVI89.gif?31415

UW48-7.GIF?21-18

UW48-6.GIF?21-18

saturday

very cold again

bitterly cold east-north easterly wind

trough will move slowly over our area from lunchtime onwards

this is where we could see our heavier snowfall

areas etc to be confirmed as may change tomorrow

PPVJ89.gif?31415

UW60-6.GIF?21-18

UW60-7.GIF?21-18

saturday night

after snow showers have cleared

a very cold and frosty night

still a cold east north easterly flow

just to post this again from earlier

the trough showing on the fax is a trough

not a streamer which should effect the whole of the south east on saturday as it moves slowly south west

this may be different tomorrow

however this is what it shows now so please no imby posts here

i am posting for the whole of the south east and so should everyone else drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Hi john

I've been looking at this radar during the Jan snow events. Not that accurate really, the precip always seems somewhat exaggerated and the snow/sleet/rain line seems to change large areas randomly.

Still its a nice idea and hopefully will improve with time

Posted

Personal opinion Andy, and I disagree with you.

I joined May 2004..... had over 3500+ posts in 2008 then closed my account, but continued to read threads and follow my love of the weather. I recently joined under a new name.

NH

Intrigued! What was your old user name?

Posted

Hi john

I've been looking at this radar during the Jan snow events. Not that accurate really, the precip always seems somewhat exaggerated and the snow/sleet/rain line seems to change large areas randomly.

Hi john

hi mate

thanks

according to that i should have snow

but havent

think i will stick to the lamp post rofl.gif

Posted

No one is any better than another, we all have our opinions and it's nearly impossible to guessimate what the weather will do in set ups like this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Only 68 users in here then at nearly midnight on a Thursday, must be a chance of snow then.

I predict that there will be a few snowflakes over the next couple of days somewhere around Peterborough and Newbury and maybe in between. blum.gif

Be careful if you're braving the elements out there and please keep well wrapped up. good.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Intrigued! What was your old user name?

I'll give you a clue....... biggrin.png My old user name was a storm cloud..... unknw.gif

My present screen name will be changed soon anyway...... was a bit of business promoting for what has been a complete flop....... excuse the pun laugh.png

NH

Posted

You are kidding? TEITS is one of the best members on here and not an IMBY poster! You say since 2004 yet you have only joined this year?

Who is this suggesting TETIS is an IMBY poster? TETIS is the first person to downplay potential nowadays in a rational manner. Yes in those heady early days of the forum, 10 years ago we were utterly optimistic, and probably didn't have the responsibilties we have now (on a personal level more likely). Or been brow broken by ~ 10 years of model watching and commenting in this forum and observing 50% of failed easterlies etc etc. I was comfortable posting in the model thread up until about 4 years ago, but not anymore. Its alot of jargon that either i've failed to keep track with, or its just for effect. I gave up when people started using teleconnections as the flavour of the month yet they were never born out as a serious long range forecasting tool I felt. I get +NAO -NAO and stratospheric warming as indicators, but I don't like show offs - and I can't compete with them. Its nice to retreat to these regional threads. Shame the Midlands one is dead - so seeing as North Cambridgeshire is 4 miles away I'm crashing with you lot.

Edited by mackerel sky

Posted

Only 68 users in here then at nearly midnight on a Thursday, must be a chance of snow then.

I predict that there will be a few snowflakes over the next couple of days somewhere around Peterborough and Newbury and maybe in between. blum.gif

Be careful if you're braving the elements out there and please keep well wrapped up. good.gif

I'm in between!! :D :D

tumblr_l7qse5wJZ31qaqggd.giftumblr_lqgl1npFAM1qltqnp.gif50468722_dance_gif.gif

Edited by PerfectStorm

Posted

No one is any better than another, we all have our opinions and it's nearly impossible to guessimate what the weather will do in set ups like this.

Spot on PS.

Snowing moderately here now with a dusting.......

NH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

hi mate

thanks

according to that i should have snow

but havent

think i will stick to the lamp post rofl.gif

It's sort of like snizzle speed so probably isn't reaching the ground, or is still doing that one flake a minute stuff but we are missing the flakes lol.