Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 08/03/13 ---->

A.J

Posted

Just a re-post of my post in the MOD (yes, I know I'm mad to post in there....lol)

Thought I'd pop it in here, as the ECM12Z does dangle a carrot for us to a certain degree in the short term

ECM12Z shows main emphasis generally South of the M4 still, strongest PPN signal across Devon, coastal Dorset, Hampshire and parts of W Sussex. The ECM12Z has less emphasis on East Sussex and Kent. Strongest snow signal around Dorset area towards Southampton. Strong signal also across Dartmoor.

Posted

removes my balaclava

back from the mod thread with this:......

I've just now seen the MOGREPS-G and EC snow distribution probability mapped updates. The former continues to have a slightly more northern bias for Monday's snow in S: highest probs of 1cm plus are confined to S of line joining Lyme Bay across to Hants and up via London to S Essex.

EC squeezed further south still: 2-5cm contour just grazes S coastal counties (Hants-Sussex), with smaller amounts in other S districts on coastal fringes.

In effect, the yellow warning area looks pretty good still at this juncture. Next modified NAE update arriving by 2120hrs.

Rybris Ponce likes this Like This

--------------------------

Ian K. Fergusson

Twitter: @fergieweather

Posted

Yeah pretty confusing there , 1 min exeter have modified 60-80 miles further North , next min Ian is saying yellow warning area still looks good , had about 1 and a half minutes of raised hopes then :))

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Thats better,BBC falmouth now giving 6 hours of light snow,monday morning.(must be a blizzard cominggood.gif )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Yeah pretty confusing there , 1 min exeter have modified 60-80 miles further North , next min Ian is saying yellow warning area still looks good , had about 1 and a half minutes of raised hopes then smile.png)

Threat seems to be moving east also... aggressive.gif Forecast at mid afternoon looked like covering most of our region although lighter towards bristol etc so i thought 60 miles north would put us in it mega_shok.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

Thats better,BBC falmouth now giving 6 hours of light snow,monday morning.(must be a blizzard cominggood.gif )

as long as it keeps those sea gulls on the ground I'm happy ;-)........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

as long as it keeps those sea gulls on the ground I'm happy ;-)........

These blinking seagulls are going to get me in trouble in here mega_shok.gif .

Enough now.

Posted

Threat seems to be moving east also... aggressive.gif Forecast at mid afternoon looked like covering most of our region although lighter towards bristol etc so i thought 60 miles north would put us in it mega_shok.gif

Me to , however still looks like it will not be sorted until t-0 . Radar watching it will be :) Wish I was in norwich right now , the Snow over there area has really beefed up over the last hour , the old North Sea snow machine is starting to activate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Noooooooooo all the snow forecast has disappeared from the met office forecast for my location. Oh this is going to be a long couple of days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Wow it's quiet in here tonight considering the chances of some good stuff for some! Are you all down the pub?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: what's the bloody point when you live in Britain

2 - 5 cm, I'm sorry, but 2 days ago this was going to be a once in 50 year event, and now it's just plain pathetic. Roll on summer

Posted

well stuck at bristol airport - not because of fog but plane has a fault and they're waiting for a part to come from gatwick!

Can u believe that a so-called 'international' airport doesnt have a stock of A320 spare parts?!

Bristol 'international' - joke airport!

It gave up being bristol international a couple of years ago to be just plain old bristol airport

Posted

2 - 5 cm, I'm sorry, but 2 days ago this was going to be a once in 50 year event, and now it's just plain pathetic. Roll on summer

It's weather, why on earth get so het up about it?

I've been following this for a few days now and the most common view is that it will be around 5cm. Where you got thee once in a 50 year event is beyond me.

But it's just weather. We will wake up tomorrow whether it's rain, snow or hail - and we will all lead the same lives.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunder

I haven't even seen a covering this winter so IMO it would be nice to see the snow falling itself, regardless of it settling.

Posted

It's weather, why on earth get so het up about it?

I've been following this for a few days now and the most common view is that it will be around 5cm. Where you got thee once in a 50 year event is beyond me.

But it's just weather. We will wake up tomorrow whether it's rain, snow or hail - and we will all lead the same lives.

Ive not once heard the one in a 50 year event, at one point upto 20cm was looking on but now 2-5cm is fair with 10cm over dartmoor

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

I would take that, Gloucester as usual will get zilch but all compass directions around with get at least something. Roll on spring.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: what's the bloody point when you live in Britain

People in the model thread where talking about a once in 50 year event, most probably . Many people mentioned "blizzards" and now it comes down to a few cm. Why on earth people get excited about that?? I'd rather have the mild weather back, than freezing my t*ts off, just to see a few flakes come down!

Edited by ajpoolshark
removed personal comment

Posted

People in the model thread where talking about a once in 50 year event, most probably Steve m who usually ramps up these types of situations and just about clutches to any piece of straw he can get his hands on. Many people mentioned "blizzards" and now it comes down to a few cm. Why on earth people get excited about that?? I'd rather have the mild weather back, than freezing my t*ts off, just to see a few flakes come down!

the uppers in mid march probably are a '1 in 50 year event'. does everything have to come with a bucketload of snow to count ?