• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Very cold and windy outside 1.9c

I also have a cracking hangover! bad.gif

well stand out side for a while, it will blow out any cider that's still lurking nonono.gif

Posted

Very chilly wind out there in the wilds of Bridgwater.

My new car just told me it is 2c and to be aware of icy surfaces.

I used to drive a Nissan Sunny, now I drive an Alfa, so please allow me my excitement :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Haha!! Yeah, got sent to bed without a story by the mods!!

I have to say, this is the heaviest snow I have seen all winter. Huge flakes and settling nicely now!!

Yes, you bad boy!.....I would say 'sent to bed with no supper' but me thinks you had a copious liquid alcoholic supper........100 lines for you, repeat after me....'I shall not call my cat rude names..." laugh.png

Guest William Grimsley

Hi guys,

Is it possible, that it could snow down here in Newton Poppleford, overnight? We really need a good load of snow? 5 cm?

Thanks,

William

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

At first glance in my less than par state I am still confused... Just watched bbc forecast and not a flake in sight or even rain apart from south west of taunton but then regional text says rain and snow accross region with accumilations.. tease.gifsearch.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Hi guys,

Is it possible, that it could snow down here in Newton Poppleford, overnight? We really need a good load of snow? 5 cm?

Thanks,

William

Yep, there's a good chance of some substantial laying snow for you William smile.png 2-5cm maybe more

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Not winter anymore!!!! Just saying tease.gif

You always seem to get pasted! Have fun though... And any pictures will be appreciated! biggrin.png

Good point well made!!

We do get pasted quite a bit... elevation I think. First picture, also gives me a chance to show what I have bought to deal with the weather!!

post-18883-0-15479500-1362911836_thumb.j

Edited by Beast of Dartmoor

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Very chilly wind out there in the wilds of Bridgwater.

My new car just told me it is 2c and to be aware of icy surfaces.

I used to drive a Nissan Sunny, now I drive an Alfa, so please allow me my excitement :D

Enjoy your new car, I was only teasing the other day, and besides, every true petrol head has owned an Alfa!

Posted

Hi guys,

Thanks,

William

Hope you do well William, Newton Poppleford is a lovely village, would look even nicer covered in snow!!!

Posted

Dont want to sound a killjoy here on the IOW snowfest, but Im a little consered if any snow will manage to settle, the ground will surely be above frezzing. Lets hope that the snow prep will be heavy enough to counteract this. I hope my pesamistic outlook is wrong, anybody care to coment on if this is a borderline deep snow event for the IOW or not.

Posted

Haven't got time to post charts as I'm off to buy flowers for the good lady, but the NMM06z hi-res output is out and it's a substantial shift north for snow potential, all of the region would see something if verifies.....AWD will no doubt post the hi-res charts shortly....but it's good news folks based on this output!! biggrin.png

Posted

Good point well made!!

We do get pasted quite a bit... elevation I think. First picture, also gives me a chance to show what I have bought to deal with the weather!!

post-18883-0-15479500-1362911836_thumb.j

Nice car, could come in handy!! Only rain here in Yelverton.

Is that a Touraeg (spelling?) am jealous if it is, snow and a cool car, how greedy.

Edited by SNOW CRYSTAL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Nice car, could come in handy!! Only rain here in Yelverton.

Thanks!! I am sure it will come in handy.... Heavy snow here. Off to Calstock soon with hope that I can come back and try out the car!!

Posted

If the GFS forecast can be right just for the next 6 hours Somerset and Bristol will have very Heavy Snow by 6pm tonight ... Guess I have been right all week about this going down to t-0 ... Ignore Met office apps, they will be updated by lunch time ... Expecting warnings to be moved further North within the next hour ... 6z GFS is latest run out and in this situation they can't ignore it's output.

Posted

Sorry to be dumb but rain today has an area of something moving up towards the coast, is this whats supposed to be snow coming early or is the potential snow coming later?

Posted

Sorry to be dumb but rain today has an area of something moving up towards the coast, is this whats supposed to be snow coming early or is the potential snow coming later?

The PPN is from the Low , but the low is suppose to wind up later and move into the Channel , this is when the explosive fun and games should commence ... The low is currently in the Atlantic to the West of Biscay . but the GFS has it now moving NE ...

Posted

Nowhere near an expert like most on this forum and I am well aware that many charts,influences and sudden changes have to be taken into account, but surely by the look of the latest GFS it will take more than the usual Poole Harbour snow shield to keep that lot out this time!. It shows precipitation from 9pm this eve continuing well into tomorrow!

Posted

If the GFS forecast can be right just for the next 6 hours Somerset and Bristol will have very Heavy Snow by 6pm tonight ... Guess I have been right all week about this going down to t-0 ... Ignore Met office apps, they will be updated by lunch time ... Expecting warnings to be moved further North within the next hour ... 6z GFS is latest run out and in this situation they can't ignore it's output.

Does this cover our whole region?

I now have to drive into town and get something for mothers day rofl.gifacute.gif

Posted

Does this cover our whole region?

I now have to drive into town and get something for mothers day rofl.gifacute.gif

On the GFS yes check the precipitation chart out for 6pm

Rtavn124.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunder

Posted

On the GFS yes check the precipitation chart out for 6pm

Rtavn124.png

What would you expect to happen after 6pm looking at that? does it all move east?

That met office warning is still all south of us?

Edited by mullender83