Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 12th March 2013

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Btw, you lot gloating about your progress towards the conclusion of the Snow Depth Cup, should temper your boasting.

Awaiting in next season European Champions Snow Depth Cup are the likes of Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Cortina D'Ampezzo and Vals Thorens.

Leigh-on-Sea v. Lillehammer, I must see! (Paul Sherman you're dead and literally buried).

Tom.

Funnylaugh.png

Posted

I know it falls outside of our region but has anyone here been following how this event panned out in The Channel Islands as I have ?

Some quite stunning photo's from there as well. Oppo website I know but hey, we're are all in this together right good.gif

http://www.ukweather...izzard-of-2013/

Amazing scenes! They had drifts and then some!

Guest bjaykent

Evening all, having the very light shower here at the moment, it is so light I can't even tell if it is rain or sleet, certainly won't cause travel disruption, enjoyed all the photo's today, unfortunately didn't get time to take any myself this morning, quite a thaw here today but still hanging on where it formed into drifts.smile.png

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/Home/ZoomRadar?lat=50.995&lon=2.709090909090909&z=7&x=521&y=486

Posted

Evening all, having the very light shower here at the moment, it is so light I can't even tell if it is rain or sleet, certainly won't cause travel disruption, enjoyed all the photo's today, unfortunately didn't get time to take any myself this morning, quite a thaw here today but still hanging on where it formed into drifts.smile.png

http://www.meteorada...z=7&x=521&y=486

Rain and/or sleet are taboo words on here atm in the SE tundra landsacute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Thanks EG, I've got a Champions League comp. to check before bed too.

It was Barcelona 4 A.C.Milan 0 wasnt it! Milan are my team too! cray.gif

Tom

Yes mate it was, wonderful team Barca, similar to Arsenal, hmmmm, haha

Guest bjaykent

Rain and/or sleet are taboo words on here atm in the SE tundra landsacute.gif

OK it's a blizzard without wind or the snow.blum.gif

Posted

OK it's a blizzard without wind or the snow.blum.gif

Good that you have been able to share in the fun with the snowsmile.pngcold.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Yes mate it was, wonderful team Barca, similar to Arsenal, hmmmm, haha

Look my son and daughter are Gooners, like you! They havnt let me forget when you knocked us out of the Champions League, when Flamini had Pirlo in his pocket!

We liked the product so much, we bought him!

Tom.

Posted

Look my son and daughter are Gooners, like you! They havnt let me forget when you knocked us out of the Champions League, when Flamini had Pirlo in his pocket!

Tom.

Yeah, memories now for us, bit of a shambles at the Emirates now though, haha................ and as for the weather, very light sleet shower but thats about it here :)

Posted

Amazing scenes! They had drifts and then some!

The pics today from Folkestone are amazing! Those drifts that you/ Sarah posted up earlier today were just incredibleblink.png I could only find a couple of drifts half that size today - that had blocked The Ridge road that runs across Hastings.

Posted

Mind you, Mr.Pirlo knows how to take a penalty, against an English goalkeeper, doesnt he! Ssh!

I've never seen a team battered 0-0, like England were that night! Whoops everyone knows my allegiance now!

Forza Azzurri!

Shuffles away into a corner!

Tom.

Posted

Mind you, Mr.Pirlo knows how to take a penalty, against an English goalkeeper, doesnt he! Ssh!

I've never seen a team battered 0-0, like England were that night! Whoops everyone knows my allegiance now!

Forza Azzurri!

Shuffles away into a corner!

Tom.

lmao. nice one Tom :)

Posted

Yes, seems some showers are pushing down towards Kent now, latest radar, pretty light and patchy though.

Tom.

Posted

The pics today from Folkestone are amazing! Those drifts that you/ Sarah posted up earlier today were just incredibleblink.png I could only find a couple of drifts half that size today - that had blocked The Ridge road that runs across Hastings.

Agree about the drifts from the Folkestone area. Interesting you should say that about Hastings as well TR. My friends down there were suprised by the lack of snow in the area this morning. Battery Hill clear and just a few moderate drifts up on the Firehills. I am still waiting for their photo's !

Guest bjaykent

Good that you have been able to share in the fun with the snowsmile.pngcold.gif

Did love it last night, got lucky being under a streamer all evening, just sat and watched that wind whip the snow up off the road into mini snow tornadoes, proper winter!smile.png . Shower a little heavier here now but I won't upset you by saying what it consists ofsad.png

Posted

PPVK89.gif?31415

friday

strong south westerly winds

showers some heavy rattling through in the afternoon

all rain according to this

temperatures around 7 degrees

PPVM89.gif?31415

saturday

strong south westerly winds

showers again through the day

potential for some heavy persistant rain late pm

temperatures around 9 degrees

PPVO89.gif?31415

gonna hold on this

the low is going to shift around again

note the 528 dam air almost back over us

and the 510 amost touching scotland

temps here back to around 5 degrees

more tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Northern France or Northern Canada?

Posted

Agree about the drifts from the Folkestone area. Interesting you should say that about Hastings as well TR. My friends down there were suprised by the lack of snow in the area this morning. Battery Hill clear and just a few moderate drifts up on the Firehills. I am still waiting for their photo's !

Actually the snow was very very variable and it surprised me. I left home thinking that there was relatively little thaw as there was at the time (and still is) reasonable snow cover here - but after driving around I realised that towards Rye/Pett Level there was a lot of green showing and much less snow (only a fifteen/twenty minute drive). Positioned as I am on the other side of The Ridge area (to the north east) I wonder if there is some kind of sun shadow that reduces the melting on days like today?

Posted

That is impressive! How close were we to a truly remarkable event, of course not forgetting that the extreme south of our region did very well, not forgetting Essex too.

Tom.

Posted

Great video, thanks for sharing.

Wish we could have something like that here one day...! It's not often you get the setup as we did over the last few days, which makes it even more frustrating that we missed out on it (well, i'm speaking of the Southampton area and further west. bone dry really)

Posted

Tom.

Bought ? Freebie more like. Seriously though, thanks for the competition this year. Thought I had a chance of winning at one stage !