Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion 20/03/13 22z ------>

A.J

Posted

yes he did say that! gonna be really amazing but also difficult driving conditions

For once LeeSnowFan it will be us getting hit the hardest in yorkshire! :p

Thats great as it means a shift further north than what steve M MASSIVE SOUTH CORRECTION BIAS is showing tease.gif

Its all right mate as i want it to be further north so i don't have to work as i work in leeds! near the leeds football stadium blum.gif

NO BIAS-

just reality.

SOuth Yorkshire is still in the firing line, but dont dont come moaning if it doesnt make it to you- if the front arrives to you @ 48- thats 8 model runs to wipe you out..... :)

S

Posted

NO BIAS-

just reality.

SOuth Yorkshire is still in the firing line, but dont dont come moaning if it doesnt make it to you- if the front arrives to you @ 48- thats 8 model runs to wipe you out..... smile.png

S

Can the models underestimated the power of the fronts northern extent as sometimes in these situations the ppn comes in earlier and ends up more north but also the other way round. lol

Posted

For once LeeSnowFan it will be us getting hit the hardest in yorkshire! blum.gif

Well about time!! tease.gif

My dog loves snow and were gonna go on the fields tomorrow should be fun!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

I live in one of sheffields highest points, roughly 1000ft asl. I've been keeping up to date with the changing forecast..watching the temps dropping away steadily. Is the 40cm prediction likely to come off? Having spent all winter preparing for the worst and waking up to a disappointing covering, i am not getting too excited..but if was to happen this weekend i need forward planning..can't get snowed in on my birthday weekend with no supplies to enjoy the chaos with. ;)

Edited by honeyplanet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.

NO BIAS-

just reality.

SOuth Yorkshire is still in the firing line, but dont dont come moaning if it doesnt make it to you- if the front arrives to you @ 48- thats 8 model runs to wipe you out..... smile.png

S

To be fair you've been one of the more reliable people in the other thread (there's not many, most of it is dog biscuits tbf!) Will be interesting with less than 24hours to go before it's due to arrive.

Posted

On BBC this morning it looks like the heaviest snow stays (unusually) west of the Pennines and the Northern edge only reaches the moors so probably not too bad over here.

It was -5.3C at 6am but already teh sun has lifted things above freezing.

Posted

Not expecting anything here this time round. Way too far east and little elevation. Will be nonetheless impressive watching as some of the totals start pouring in from further west of the region. Anything we do get will be a bonus and chances of this are more likely on Saturday morning from the second front. .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

Well well well looks like Steve murr was bloody right. Looks extremely poor for here. Latest nae shocking too. And very poor by meto n bbc in this day n age to wrongly predict the next 48hours. Yorks is no where near any sweet spot etc. unlikely no upgrades from here :( feeling down now.

Posted

Well well well looks like Steve murr was bloody right. Looks extremely poor for here. Latest nae shocking too. And very poor by meto n bbc in this day n age to wrongly predict the next 48hours. Yorks is no where near any sweet spot etc. unlikely no upgrades from here sad.png feeling down now.

It was only a couple of days ago you was happy with what you got this winter and if I remeber rightly you said "happy with what i got so wont be dissapointed if i dont see anymore"???? LOL now ya whinging!! its to early!! shhhh :)

Perhaps go visit a friend in one of the areas that will be hit and stay overnight lol then you can enjoy it!

Posted

Well well well looks like Steve murr was bloody right. Looks extremely poor for here. Latest nae shocking too. And very poor by meto n bbc in this day n age to wrongly predict the next 48hours. Yorks is no where near any sweet spot etc. unlikely no upgrades from here sad.png feeling down now.

Do you actually have Bi Polar?

Edited by Craigers

Posted

Adam whatever happens,Happens its not end o world stuff.Personally i hope it stays south due to the fact my wife n kids travel to Manchester fri eve to see Ollie Murrs.But if it makes it ooop north good luck everybody.Dont let the weather dictate your moods mate.

Posted

Charts show snow reaching us by 6am, but Lisa on look north said will be light and patchy througought the day and heavy from friday night into saturday? hmmm we'll see

Posted

Fingers crossed we get one last good one .. It would be epic to actually get 40cm but i will be happy just to see a nice covering

Posted

Wow quote from fergie

Hi Steve, yes, the new run (Exeter happier now with NAE after corrections last night to match upstream imagery) takes some snow down to SE quite extensively by 06z Sat. The core totals (Amber upgrades expected this morn) remain in areas earlier discussed, with worrying 75cm snow accumulations in N Wales for example; Amber also ready to roll for Devon/Cornwall where locally 100-125mm rain raises flood concern significantly after discussions with FWC... chief stresses volatility with great scope for model errors in areal and accumulation sense, but even allowing for this, the signal for newsworthy severe weather - both white and wet - is well-set and the next 24-48hrs are going to be hellish for forecasters pretty much anywhere. Not good.

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

One thing most of you seem to be overlooking is the wind speeds. 60 mph gusts seem likely here, and given that the models are still predicting very high snow fall totals (6h NAE says the worst places hit are NI, then followed by the NW, with the Pennines areas of Yorkshire doing as 'badly') its going to be very dangerous. Will be surprised if the METO don't issue a Red Warning tonight for NI and the Western slopes of the Pennine's as there will be loss of life if people try and carry on as if its a normal day when there's a major blizzard going on.

/edit: Typed that before that post appeared smile.png This really does have the makings of a historic storm, and hope the general populace start to realize it and not just people who follow the weather.

Edited by cowdog

Posted

Wow quote from fergie

Hi Steve, yes, the new run (Exeter happier now with NAE after corrections last night to match upstream imagery) takes some snow down to SE quite extensively by 06z Sat. The core totals (Amber upgrades expected this morn) remain in areas earlier discussed, with worrying 75cm snow accumulations in N Wales for example; Amber also ready to roll for Devon/Cornwall where locally 100-125mm rain raises flood concern significantly after discussions with FWC... chief stresses volatility with great scope for model errors in areal and accumulation sense, but even allowing for this, the signal for newsworthy severe weather - both white and wet - is well-set and the next 24-48hrs are going to be hellish for forecasters pretty much anywhere. Not good.

so is that a good thing or bad thing for yorkshire? lol

Posted

Just been reading the model discussion thread..wow I am starting to feel like a kid at Christmas..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

One thing most of you seem to be overlooking is the wind speeds. 60 mph gusts seem likely here, and given that the models are still predicting very high snow fall totals (6h NAE says the worst places hit are NI, then followed by the NW, with the Pennines areas of Yorkshire doing as 'badly') its going to be very dangerous. Will be surprised if the METO don't issue a Red Warning tonight for NI and the Western slopes of the Pennine's as there will be loss of life if people try and carry on as if its a normal day when there's a major blizzard going on.

/edit: Typed that before that post appeared smile.png This really does have the makings of a historic storm, and hope the general populace start to realize it and not just people who follow the weather.

Yes, am wondering whether it's wise to send the kids to school tomorrow - they'll probably get there OK first thing, but getting home at 4.00 pm ? We have a 4WD, but it's not much good if everyone else is stuck.

Posted

Yes, am wondering whether it's wise to send the kids to school tomorrow - they'll probably get there OK first thing, but getting home at 4.00 pm ? We have a 4WD, but it's not much good if everyone else is stuck.

Pennine Ten Foot Drifts anyone???!!!

Posted

Adam watch the latest BBC 24 forecast, has the heavy snow smack bang over us friday - saturday. Obviously this could change on their next forecast though ; )

Edited by Harsh Climate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Pennine Ten Foot Drifts anyone???!!!

Well, having said the above, as per my previous posts until I see how the radar is looking tomorrow morning I'm still not making any final decisions. All along I've had a feeling we might end up just that little bit too far north and east for the heaviest snow. It's looking pretty certain we'll see snow tomorrow + Saturday, but I'm still not convinced that anywhere other than the southernmost parts of our region, (south Sheffield and down), will see heavy snow. I suspect the southern Peak District and Snowdonia will be the two 'sweet spots'.

Edited by Pennine Ten Foot Drifts