• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Yep it's over Eastbourne now and I think I'll stay in tonight! drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Yet again this part of NW Kent looks like missing out on significant snow,Been working outside all day and that wind is a bit "harry tatters"!!Feet are just starting to thaw out a bit!!Watching BBC news and Midlands,North and NI are getting plastered!!Think those North of river could do well tonight and tomorrow and some South of river with elevation could get a covering by Sunday morning.This March is really a once every 30-40year event i feel(bit like Dec 2010 was where this part of NW Kent got 17inchs of snow!!).That is now 4 out of last 5 winters in SE being below average in terms of temp and across the region we have had a fair amount of snow into the mix.Think this trend will continue for next 20-25 years as feel we are going into cooler cycle like 1950s-late 1970s.

Temp here dropped to 4.6 and think cold rain will be arriving shortly.Good luck everyone who wants the snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Temperature 4.8°C

Dewpoint 0.4°C

DP dropped from 1.1 which is what it was at a hour ago.

Temp also falling wind strangely is coming from the NEE which is brining down some colder temps.

pointrosee.png

Posted

A nip of Rum Robin ? good.gif

Well if you insist Martin!

Is it a late night lamppost watch night ?

If ya get me drift smile.png

It might be, but I'm not sure about a drift!! laugh.png

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!

A nip of Rum Robin ? good.gif

I think we should leave him with the bottle ;)

Anything in SE London or yet more cold rain that we seemingly have had for months on end? I've just booked a looong warm holiday next month thankfully. I don't mind cold but only if it ends up with snow, not bloody cold rain.

Edited by SF-02

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

Rain all stoped here on coast

Posted

Rain all stoped here on coast

KD, is this your motor?

post-6667-0-13587300-1363182093_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Squall line taking ages to get here. Dark towards the SW, but I see from the radar, Aylesbury Vale is starting to dissolve the heavier echos, as usual!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Yet again this part of NW Kent looks like missing out on significant snow,Been working outside all day and that wind is a bit "harry tatters"!!Feet are just starting to thaw out a bit!!Watching BBC news and Midlands,North and NI are getting plastered!!Think those North of river could do well tonight and tomorrow and some South of river with elevation could get a covering by Sunday morning.This March is really a once every 30-40year event i feel(bit like Dec 2010 was where this part of NW Kent got 17inchs of snow!!).That is now 4 out of last 5 winters in SE being below average in terms of temp and across the region we have had a fair amount of snow into the mix.Think this trend will continue for next 20-25 years as feel we are going into cooler cycle like 1950s-late 1970s.

Temp here dropped to 4.6 and think cold rain will be arriving shortly.Good luck everyone who wants the snow.

Harry Tatters?help.gif

Posted

Latest bbc mr Gibbs

Saturday 15.00 pm had snow just north of London

No ppn at all south of London and

Sunday a few wintry flurries

Next week cold a few wintery showers not promblematic

Posted

Hullo, an interloper come visiting!

I'm normally in the Kilted Thread discussing Scotland's snow, but am currently in Essex and needing to get by train from Essex/Stratford/Kent coast on Sunday morning...

I came in hoping you guys could help me make sense of the confusing and quickly-changing forecasts for Saturday snow, but reading through, it seems nobody is sure of anything at present!

I'm hoping the high-speed line (Stratford Int -> Kent coast) is rarely closed by snow, at any rate?

Any reassurance gratefully accepted! smile.png

The HS1 link from Stratford to Ashford is very rarely closed as it uses overhead cables on the high speed link, from Ashford to the coast can be a little unpredictable but you are 3/4 of the way there - so you will have road / bus options.

Posted

Latest bbc mr Gibbs

Saturday 15.00 pm had snow just north of London

No ppn at all south of London and

Sunday a few wintry flurries

Next week cold a few wintery showers not promblematic

I suspect that forecast will change once the 12z data is in, the 6.30pm forecast will almost certainly show alot more snow even south of the river based on the fact the 12z models have all broadly trended SW with the colder air on the 12z suite.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

The HS1 link from Stratford to Ashford is very rarely closed as it uses overhead cables on the high speed link, from Ashford to the coast can be a little unpredictable but you are 3/4 of the way there - so you will have road / bus options.

Excellent! Thankyou - and yes, so long as I get most of the way there then I'll get all the way there!

Posted

As Kold said, GooFuS has got the basics of this one wrong. 12z going for between 2degC and 3degC for this time period,

post-5986-0-15975300-1363968467_thumb.gipost-5986-0-63199700-1363968472_thumb.gi

Observed Td = 1.3degC. Relative Humidity is also out,

post-5986-0-17316200-1363968620_thumb.gi

ie between 80-90%, and observed is 78%. And whilst we're at it, GooFuS is going for 7degC,

post-5986-0-81800400-1363968785_thumb.gi

and observed is 5.0C. I think the 12z GooFuS may well have had (very) faulty starting data/parameters to be so far out within 3/4 hours of initiation.

Plenty of hope yet, then, but if you're looking for a forecast, try MetO, ECM, or NAE.

Edited by Boar Wrinklestorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well that told me. I stand corrected. Still can't think of it happening before though hi.gif

They're a lot more publicity conscious nowadays. Especially after Fukushima, when 200,000 were killed by the tsunami, but not one person died from radiation — the only two deaths at the plant were caused by the wave hitting their crane and they fell to their deaths. The press of course ignored the 200,000 deaths from the wave, and focussed on the nuclear plant.

Another interesting fact is that no nuclear plant would ever be allowed to be built on Dartmoor. The reason being that the natural background radiation from its granite, breaks radiation limits set by the IAEA. Yet in summer it's packed with tourists everywhere.

Edited by Iceni

Posted

I think we should leave him with the bottle tease.gif

You can think what you like Nikki, but personally I think Mr Coast's bottle should be shared......Im sure he agrees !!

Squall line now approaching.........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Harry Tatters?help.gif

Expression from my old man-Bl--dy Cold!!rofl.gif