Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 22/03/13 08z ------>

A.J

Posted

Decent sized flakes here now, just a shame it's so light, probably the best quality snow I've seen all winter here. It's really dry here so it's sticking.

Posted

Really can't get my head around this, last night there was clearly a hole over Manchester but today it is showing we should be over heavy ppn and there is nout :-(

Posted

Snow coming down whipping around in the perishing wind.

Yep very perishing wind indeed. Flakes are so

Small though just wetting everywhere. Think this is the best we will have from this event.

Posted

Decent sized flakes here now, just a shame it's so light, probably the best quality snow I've seen all winter here. It's really dry here so it's sticking.

Nothing in the city centre!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Really intense again now.

Posted

Really starting to come down here now and been blown in all directions by the strong breeze. Starting to stick to the wet ground again as the light fades. Hopefully this intensity will be maintained for a while and we can finally start to build a decent cover.

Temp aperas to have dropped a degree in 20 minutes - down to 0C with dp -1.0C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Its getting almost like Winter storm Nemo outside now.

Posted

How is the forecast i read doing? Everywhere white, and intense snowfall. White out conditions still prevailing from a little earlier. Should be plenty from this, as the front stalls. Definitely location, location to this heavier precipitation. The irish sea does appear to be doing it's job peeping up the precip at times. As for how long it will really snow for, is anyone's guess right now. However with a stalled front, and continous moisture hitting the cold air, we should see a while longer.

As for other locations in the NW I have no idea, sorry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

I just heard Sellafield power station in Cumbria just shut down by bad weather.

Its just reopened now: http://www.itv.com/news/border/update/2013-03-22/sellafield-status-returns-to-normal/

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

It getting heAvy again. Still very slow to stick !!!!!! Come on !!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Just got home after a day of wet pavements and intermittent light sleet blowing about whilst others in the region are getting buried under snow.

But then 6 miles away and 300 feet higher I got home and couldn't even get through the gate onto the drive, 2 foot drifts across it and even deeper ones outside the front door and all from no more than a couple of inches of fine snow and gusty winds.

It still snowing lightly, it's still blowing about and it's -1.9c and with a chance of more overnight it's looking interesting.

Good old Bacup; never fails to deliver something when snow is about.

Downside now though is that I need to get the shovel out and clear the drive and path.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

I just heard Sellafield power station in Cumbria just shut down by bad weather.

Its because they wanted to guarantee their workers safety in getting home, so about 3 hours ago they decided to finish early.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sunny Days, Summer evening Thunderstorms, Snow and Cold.

Liverpool Airport METAR going for moderate snow from 18:00 until 09:00 tomorrow.

EGGP 221702Z 2218/2318 11022KT 4000 -RASN BKN010 TEMPO 2218/2318 12025G36KT 1000 RASN -SN BKN006 PROB40 TEMPO 2218/2309 0600 SN BKN003

Posted

Liverpool Airport METAR going for moderate snow from 18:00 until 09:00 tomorrow.

EGGP 221702Z 2218/2318 11022KT 4000 -RASN BKN010 TEMPO 2218/2318 12025G36KT 1000 RASN -SN BKN006 PROB40 TEMPO 2218/2309 0600 SN BKN003

Niiice

Posted

It is hailing here now which I find surprising!

Hail has more chance to settle than snow. I wish the wind would stop, it is doing us no favours for settling snow.

Karyo

Posted

We will know when it's stalled as the ppn will move along the front rather than north, which at the minute isn't what it's doing.